Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Your definition is good, but you haven't explained why you believe that there is observable evidence for evolution.
Of course I did. Here... I will even quote myself:

"Because there is a vast amount of observable evidence for evolution."

To not "believe" an objectively demonstrable fact would be absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
As a historian, you surely know that a circular argument is not a proper presentation of evidentiary support.
I have made no argument. I have directly answered a question.

Quote:
A proper answer would involve explaining some instances of such evidence being observed.
But of course, I have done that several times over the years and you proved impervious to the demonstration. What would cause you to hallucinate that you are worthy of another go?

Quote:
Would you be so kind to do so?
Perhaps if someone else were to sincerely ask I would find the effort worthwhile. But alas, not in response to another disingenuous inquiry from Harrier.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:42 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
No, Harrier does not say that the Bible says that those people walked with dinosaurs.

Do not put words in Harrier's mouth.

Better yet, stop discussing irrelevancies and answer the question.

Why do you think that there is observable evidence for evolution?

Is there a reason why you are so reluctant to defend your claim?
Really?

Quote:
If you are asking why God created anything - that is a whole other topic. He did create the dinosaurs. The tie-in with Adam and Eve? All the animals were created before Adam - and Adam gave names to all of them - Genesis 1:19-20. There were dinosaurs living after the Flood. God very clearly describes a dinosaur when he talks to Job about Behemoth(Job 40:15-24). Behemoth was an animal which Job was aware of - he could look at this animal and understand the description God gave. This animal then lived at the time Job did. The dinosaurs are now extinct. They did not go extinct several millions years ago (talk about fairy tales - the evolution people have that market corned!). The reasons for the extinction are unknown however species go extinct all the time - why should it be so hard to reason the dinosaurs went away for the same types of reasons: lack of food, predators(humans are at the top of the food chain), disease ,natural disaster, habitat imbalance, etc...The earth was very different after the Flood - if the dinosaurs could not adapt to the change they would have slowly died off.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Your rant is too full of misconceptions and misrepresentations and is not worth the time to address.
Surely you could have picked one or two misconceptions to make examples of?

What's the matter? Nothing to cherry pick? No low hanging fruit? Perhaps I should have made mention of ribs ... you didn't find that too taxing to go on about for SEVERAL posts ... hmmm? Hahaha.

So predictable. Really ... you just don't realize how obvious you are.

I will graciously accept your surrender, and allow you the face saving gift of silent retreat!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Surely you could have picked one or two misconceptions to make examples of?
What about the concept "not worth the time to address" are you unclear regarding?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Of course I did. Here... I will even quote myself:

"Because there is a vast amount of observable evidence for evolution."

To not "believe" an objectively demonstrable fact would be absurd.

I have made no argument. I have directly answered a question.

But of course, I have done that several times over the years and you proved impervious to the demonstration. What would cause you to hallucinate that you are worthy of another go?

Perhaps if someone else were to sincerely ask I would find the effort worthwhile. But alas, not in response to another disingenuous inquiry from Harrier.
Translation - you can't answer the question.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Translation - you can't answer the question.
You appear to need a different translator. The one you're using does not serve you well.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Really?
Nowhere in that post did Harrier say that the Bible says that people walked with dinosaurs.

Nice try.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
When you split an atom, does one side end up with more ribs than the other?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Nowhere in that post did Harrier say that the Bible says that people walked with dinosaurs.

Nice try.
No one who read that post could reasonably call than anything other than a patently dishonest quibble.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You appear to need a different translator. The one you're using does not serve you well.
You did answer the questions, but you did not explain how there is observable proof for evolution.

Explaining why you believe so by stating that there is overwhelming observable evidence is a circular argument and you know it.

Please elaborate on such evidence.

Have you ever personally observed evolution taking place?

Do you know of any published studies that have produced observable evidence of evolution?

You are a historian, so you know what constitutes evidence, and valid support for a claim.

Please provide such evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies