Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Libertarian commune is an oxymoron.
Actually it isn't. So long as it is voluntary a communal lifestyle is perfectly compatible with libertarianism; it's just that there isn't much overlap between the type of people who are libertarians and the type of people who like life in a walled-in commune. There is overlap in the area of survivalist retreats, but those are often not communal, not usually walled-in (being hidden is better) and you get out a lot pre-disaster provided you live in your retreat full-time (which is sensibly recommended by some experts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Oh, are the neo-Nazis shilling for their doom compound again? Do they still ask prespective people to name all the hate groups they belong to because they only want fellow travelers?
Why do you accuse people who are attracted to the Citadel of being neo-Nazis or part of a hate group when no evidence of that even exists? Why don't you attack the Citadel on its merits rather than resort to (desperate?) smear attempts? Now, I honestly think such a place would probably attract conservatives and fear-driven neocons more than libertarians, but to accuse Citadelers of being Nazis and racists in the absence of any evidence goes beyond the pale.

Furthermore I think the post above is an excellent example of how low Obama-aligned factions have fallen; you would think that with so much to attack, the Citadel would be attacked on its merits, but rather than do that the race obsession shines through once again to such an extent that it's apparently preferable to smear it as racist and pull out of thin air accusations of the Citadelers being neo-Nazis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 09:56 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Liberty behind a tall wall; makes a certain kind of convoluted sense to me.
I am disappointed they just call it a wall. In cases like this, one should go for the classics, and "Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart" sounds so much better.

(In case anyone is wondering, that was the official East German name for the Berlin Wall.)

Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Why do you accuse people who are attracted to the Citadel of being neo-Nazis or part of a hate group when no evidence of that even exists?
Yeah, there is. The fact that both of the main people fronting for this group both have histories of being in white supremacist groups and that the website specifically asks people to list all the hate groups they are members of as well as requests references from said hate groups. John Stewart went over this one on his tv show.

What more do you really need?

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 01-20-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Do a search for citadel, and you'll see what Idahoans think of this idiocy. Or just scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see some results.

This whole thing was cooked up by a felon named Kerodin. He was busted for a wacko extortion attempt in the D.C. area, and served 30 months in federal prison. He can no longer possess firearms legally. His partner in the scheme is a guy named Miller, who's a machinist and would-be gunsmith who, as far as I know, still hasn't made any guns as yet.

The pair scraped up enough to buy 20 acres no one wanted on top of a mountain in a remote part of Idaho. There is no running water, no utilities whatsoever, and the single access road is only a rough logging dirt road. It's too high and too cold to be any good for farming as the place is snow covered for around 6 months of the year, and 20 acres is not enough to build anything remotely like their plans for a walled city of 3,000.

I think it is nothing but a scheme to steal a lot of money from paranoids who have no idea of what they're getting into, as do all the other Idahoans who posted on the topic in the Idaho forum.
Not to mention that the "rules" of the compound require everyone to own an AR-15 but Kerodin, being a convicted felon, can't legally own a gun.

This thing will never get built and is like a 12 year old talking about the great tree house or underground city he will some day build.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
From the article:

"The people behind the Citadel are like 12-year-old boys talking about the tree house, or the secret underground city, they're going to build some day."

What became of Beck's " Independence" compound concept?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
From the founder's blog:

Quote:
White Flight from the southwest will be the only way to survive. Those who stay will discover just how much they are loathed by their Hispanic neighbors, and will learn the value of 2A as they succumb to the mobs wielding machetes.

South of the Border Armies have a significant Fifth Column already well entrenched in major pockets across the country. Believe me, the Hispanic folks living in my AO do not consider themselves to be Americans. They have no desire to be Americans. In an Us versus Them world, they are Them. I will be seen as a Target of Opportunity...and I think if we were to map the 5 neighborhoods surrounding mine, Hispanics may just be the majority...

So the Southwest will fall with little more than a gentle push.

And every major inner city not under Hispanic control is already under Black control. Every major inner city, in the early stages of a genuine Ruckus, from Atlanta to New York to Chicago to St. Louis and Kansas City and beyond, will immediately become a No-Go zone without real armor.

And so on.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:51 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Someone was trying to push this tripe on this forum a year or two ago. Frankly, the setup sounds more akin to a concentration camp than a "free and independent community."

Old 01-20-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The Citadel, Idaho Survivalist Town Proposed By Gun Company, Looks To Break Tradition Of Failure

the Citadel : A Community of Liberty

Very cool idea, would be so awesome to live in a libertarian community.
Get rid of the walls and the stupid Patriot Agreement crap i'd totally sign up.
Have you sent them a $208 application fee and $50 a month thereafter till they are in a position to begin charging you a lease fee?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Idaho's Walled & Armed Community - The Colbert Report - 2013-09-01 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
And another gem from 2011, in which Kerodin wishes for the deaths of many of his fellow Americans:

Quote:
America needs a dose of what Japan is suffering right now, so our Citizens can get back to basics and be rid of our worst genetic garbage and the fallacies they propagate as Life.

May our tsunami hit the east coast and travel up the Potomac and Hudson.
I wonder what his C-D username is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies