Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I can't turn my earned income into capital gains to make their income be taxed at a lower rate and it makes it easier for them to claim that they took a loss and not be taxed at all.
You answered a question that wasn't asked. Your attempt at shifting the goal posts has FAILED. Again.

The question was: Do you take advantage of every available and legal means to reduce your tax burden? It's a yes or no question, so a simple yes or no will suffice.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
The rate of productivity in this country has increased, yet the minimum wage hasn't. You can argue against minimum wage all you want, but that is a fact.
Why does productivity increase warrant a minimum wage increase by legislation?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:25 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You answered a question that wasn't asked. Your attempt at shifting the goal posts has FAILED. Again.

The question was: Do you take advantage of every available and legal means to reduce your tax burden? It's a yes or no question, so a simple yes or no will suffice.
No I don't. When I use it, it's called filing my tax return; while a corporation use it, it is called using a loophole.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Yes, therefore the problem is in the tax code and how income is taxed. That should have been very obvious with my answer.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
NO.. it didn't..

Quote:
my point was I did the minimum that was required of me.. because they didn't pay me enough to do more.. THERE WAS NO MOTIVATION TO CARE..
And you were paid accordingly.

You wanted the increase in pay before you gave them a reason to increase your pay. PLEASE tell me that you understand why that's a flawed position.

Quote:
Also...another thing to consider. Those in low wage jobs, especially those without degrees, now have absolutely NO chance of moving up without a degree. Gone are the days of climbing up the ladder through on the job training and hard work. IT's very rare.
Bull.

Quote:
Instead of workign for someone else, I created my own business and do work on the side to help support the growht of that business..
Wait - you have to work a second job to keep your own business in the black?

Didn't you say that you were paying your people more than you needed to, simply because (paraphrasing) it made you feel good to do so?

So your business can't support itself, and you're overpaying for labor. Wow. I hope that degree you're going for is in business administration - you need some serious help.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
The rate of productivity in this country has increased, yet the minimum wage hasn't. You can argue against minimum wage all you want, but that is a fact.
Once again, you dodged. Here it is again:

Break it down for us. Explain why raising the minimum wage to $50/hr is a bad thing, and then explain why that same reasoning wouldn't also apply to raising it to any other figure. I'll be watching for emotional pleas as well as any "need" based arguments, so don't bother with them. Neither of those are sufficient justification for setting a minimum wage.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
You assume productivity only comes from working harder, longer, or better.
No, I don't. In fact, in the very post that you quoted and responded to, I said exactly the opposite.

You're getting lazy again. This has been a trend with you lately. You argue for 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 pages, and then you just stop paying attention. It's like your brain goes on autopilot - you don't read what you're responding to, and you make short, one line, nonsensical arguments.

I like debating with you, urban. Please don't let yourself get so lazy about it.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, therefore the problem is in the tax code and how income is taxed.
So you use those "loopholes," too, but you don't want everyone to be able to use them? Am I understanding that correctly?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:46 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs all made it before the deck truly became stacked making it harder for those without to do the same things as them.
Okay, what about Zuckerberg and Brin?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:48 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Ha , why cant liberals give straight answers ?

Example A ). If min wage is 7.25 and bumped up to 8.00 who is paying the extra 75 cents ?

Now once you answer that , how is this person going to come up with the extra money that is being taken out of his/her income to counter the min wage raise so she/he doesn't keep losing profits now ?

Because im sure if people started taking money out of your pay check you sure wouldnt like it now would you. So please , answer these 2 questions as direct and forward as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies