Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No surprise -- Cannot contribute to the thread aside from name-calling of conservatives and trying to divert the topic to Catholics.
I am Roman Catholic and I despise what has happened to the church.

I had lost my faith until Pope Francis came along and a little glimmer of hope came back to me. My daughter is attending a Catholic parochial school with a Sister as the headmistress. I asked her what she thought of Pope Francis. She answered quite frankly that she swore her vows to God and not some man. That told me a lot. Her faith is unwavering but it had been dealt a blow due to the failings of a certain few. So I searched myself and decided that this Pope deserves a chance especially the name he took when he was elected Pope. Francis of Assisi was traveling through Italy and became tired and stopped. He saw a ruin of what once was a church when suddenly God spoke to him "Fix my house". I can't help but think that is why this current Pope took the name. I really believe he will "fix the house".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you willfully ignorant, or is it your natural state?
What's your point?

Or are you just too willfully silly to say?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
No surprise -- Cannot contribute to the thread aside from name-calling of conservatives and trying to divert the topic to Catholics.
No surprise we see the hypocrisy of the right in vilifying Islam for being founded by a child molester yet remaining silent about a religion that's harbored them.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
You have your opinion and i have mine. I dont support terrorism but i also dont support the bull**** that has been going on with the military gods of this country. When you try to control a big crowd there will be resistance like it or not.

Do you know what the elite and military thirsts for ? Is GOD ... Gold Oil Drugs . Thats their GOD. Dont worry , you can stay blind and deaf .
Wrong on every account. And my eyes are wide open. But I don't see imaginary conspiracies around every corner.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No surprise we see the hypocrisy of the right in vilifying Islam for being founded by a child molester yet remaining silent about a religion that's harbored them.
I don't recall the thread being about Islam's founder or Catholics. News flash on Catholicism: any organization can suffer from corruption. At least they are not worshipping and bowing down to the child molesters like a god, and it has been condemned.

But the thread is about present-day conflicts and where they are taking place. Now try to stay on topic.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I don't recall the thread being about Islam's founder or Catholics.
It's about present-day conflicts and where they are taking place. Try to stay on topic.
No, but if a religion is called bad for its involvement with child molesters that should apply to every religion having the same issues and one shouldn't be singled out.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, but if a religion is called bad for its involvement with child molesters that should apply to every religion having the same issues and one shouldn't be singled out.
Okay, I say terrorists of the Islamic faith murder more children every year.

And you say...................

Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Wrong on every account. And my eyes are wide open. But I don't see imaginary conspiracies around every corner.
So your saying military is not our biggest money make in America? we thrive off of military

Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Okay, I say terrorists of the Islamic faith murder more children every year.

And you say...................
And you must have forgotten about our abortion rates here in America right ? Thats murder to children. This can play two ways.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
You have your opinion and i have mine. I dont support terrorism but i also dont support the bull**** that has been going on with the military gods of this country. When you try to control a big crowd there will be resistance like it or not.

Do you know what the elite and military thirsts for ? Is GOD ... Gold Oil Drugs . Thats their GOD. Dont worry , you can stay blind and deaf .

Have to agree. We know that region has been a hornet's nest since the beginning of time, and yet we still try to meddle over there. Our foreign policy doesn't help matters, and we should stop being the world cop, and let those idiots over there fight amongst themselves!

Last edited by no1brownsfan; 01-21-2014 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies