Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,162,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
what do you expect? you pay cops peanuts to risk their lives, and it's a shock when you're left with brutal, terrible cops.

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/ohp/tngrc...PWebSalary.pdf
Peanuts? In Chicago Police start at $43,000.

As far as your other comment, Police are NOT working the most dangerous job in this country. For example, delivery drivers are at much more risk.

33 officers were killed in 2013 on the job (by assault, not including car accidents, etc).

I don't know what your getting at. There's plenty of people who would love to start out at that salary.

Back on topic, what does that salary have to do with the behavior of those officers? Should poor people get passes in court because they "don't get paid enough to do __________"

Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM

6,792 posts, read 7,309,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yawn! another "I hate the police" thread. How many is does this make, 3,700?

In all honesty, what is your gripe with the police? Did you have bad experience with 1 cop and you now hate ALL of them?
It takes a person of extremely low moral character to defend the actions of these officers.

Trying to silence people who shine a light on police misconduct is a desperate attempt to hide shameful actions that need to be publicized.
Publicity of acts like this serves to increase pressure on public officials and thereby increase public protection from criminals wearing badges of which there are far too many of.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yawn! another "I hate the police" thread. How many is does this make, 3,700?

In all honesty, what is your gripe with the police? Did you have bad experience with 1 cop and you now hate ALL of them?
Excuse me???

Are you denying that there's a major issue within our Police departments? Do you have any reasoning beyond licking boots to come to that conclusion? Are you a cop, married to a cop, etc?

Just last year you had an officer not only default from the force, but turn against them because of the widespread corruption in the LAPD.

You can bury your head all you want but don't try to play it off as if I'm off kilter.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM

So what we've heard in the cops defense so far is...

1) They aren't paid enough. Hence, they punch elderly men in the face and...

2) Everybody is just picking on the "Police"

Old 01-22-2014, 12:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,440,962 times
Seems police all over the world are rapidly becoming insane. Are they on drugs??

Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM

59,501 posts, read 27,639,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It takes a person of extremely low moral character to defend the actions of these officers.

Trying to silence people who shine a light on police misconduct is a desperate attempt to hide shameful actions that need to be publicized.
Publicity of acts like this serves to increase pressure on public officials and thereby increase public protection from criminals wearing badges of which there are far too many of.

"It takes a person of extremely low moral character to defend the actions of these officers.

Are you making an accusation?

Did I say ANYTHING to defend these cops?

You might want to read more carefully before opening YOUR mouth and make assertion and ACCUSATIONS.

I do NOT think people should be silenced. Cops are human and make mistakes. When they go over the line, they should be held accountable.

The OP has an obsession with cops that do wrong things. He "implies' that ALL cops are bad. I disagree.

In some cases it is found out that the cop did NOT do anything wrong but, he doesn't wait before posting the thread without ALL the facts.

If YOU want to read through his over 3,00 post anti cop posts, go ahead.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-22-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
"It takes a person of extremely low moral character to defend the actions of these officers.
You have a misconception.'

Are you makinG an accusation?

Did i say ANYTHING to defend these cops?

You might want to read more carefully before opening YOUR mouth and make assertion and ACCUSATIONS.

I do NOT think people should be silenced. Cops are human and make mistakes.

The OP has an obsession with cops that do wrong things. He "implies' that ALL cops are bad. I disagree.

In some cases it is found out that the cop did NOT do anything wrong but, he doesn't wait before posting the thread without ALL the facts.

If YOU want to read through his over 3,00 post anti cop posts, go ahead.
Check your own words. Where exactly have I said "ALL" cops are bad?

I've dated a cop before. Play football with one. Even reached out to the local Police captain.

And yes, I have an issue with corruption. It is a good quality. You should too.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Excuse me???

Are you denying that there's a major issue within our Police departments? Do you have any reasoning beyond licking boots to come to that conclusion? Are you a cop, married to a cop, etc?

Just last year you had an officer not only default from the force, but turn against them because of the widespread corruption in the LAPD.

You can bury your head all you want but don't try to play it off as if I'm off kilter.
"Excuse me???" You need more then excusing.

Are you denying that there's a major issue within our Police departments. Yes I do.

Do I believe there are bad cops? Yes. Do I believer ALL cops are bad. NO.

Do I believe that some cops have done wrong? Damn right.

But, unlike you I don't castigate the ENTIRE U.S. police community.

Just because a cop is involved in an indecent, does NOT mean the ENTIRE Police dept. is bad.

And why am I NOT surprised because someone doesn't agree with your constant police bashing and called out on it you resort to childish name calling, "Do you have any reasoning beyond licking boots"

I ask you again, WHY the hatred of ALL police?

And to answer your question I have no affiliation with any cop. I have however had many expediences with many cops and DON'T find your accusations to be true of the vast majority of cops.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So what we've heard in the cops defense so far is...

1) They aren't paid enough. Hence, they punch elderly men in the face and...

2) Everybody is just picking on the "Police"
You have ONLY heard what you WANT to hear.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:20 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Seems police all over the world are rapidly becoming insane. Are they on drugs??
Perhaps the Police are a mirror of the people they serve and protect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies