Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:02 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,155,812 times

Advertisements

What SHOULD the punishment be for punching a civilian as the officers in this instance did? What would happen if a civilian punched a perfect stranger in the face and it was unwarranted?

Heavy fines and jail time? Will this officer get jail time?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,404,143 times
2nd degree felony assault. If he has no prior record, I'd say a one year suspended sentence, 6 months in a halfway house, and if he can avoid beating up any more older deaf guys for a year, he is free to go (albeit a felon who can never work as a cop again).

Old 01-22-2014, 05:41 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,393,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Maybe next time this guy will listen to the cops.
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or what. The guy is deaf.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 PM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm assuming you mean country. And no, they are not useless. They are a metric. A comparison. Something you seem to not be able to comprehend.

Your proving that you really have NO argument other than this thread offends you.
I have an argument but, you ares so blinded you don't see it.

As I said, this thread doesn't offend me. I am not that shallow as you are.

You hate cops. That is clear.

YOU are offended every time a cop does something you don't like. maybe YOU should grow a thicker skin.

What YOU fail to comprehend is that the vast a majority of cops are NOT "murderers" and "sadistic and only beat people up because of their masochism, or whatever excuse you choose.

"They are a metric. A comparison" Then give us the TOTAL number of stops EVERY police department in the country makes in a year. And EVERY call they respond to. Then you can give us the number of times a cop abuses his power.

THAT is a matrix. without numbers to compare to your once in a while postings is meaningless.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 PM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
What SHOULD the punishment be for punching a civilian as the officers in this instance did? What would happen if a civilian punched a perfect stranger in the face and it was unwarranted?

Heavy fines and jail time? Will this officer get jail time?
"What SHOULD the punishment be..." If found guilty, It should be the same as with any other citizen. Which under law he will be charged just like any other citizen. Policemen do Not have a different set of laws they must be tried under.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:53 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,721,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your hatred has blinded you reading comprehensive.

I said with your constant postings and what you have said "IMPLIES" that you hate ALL cops.

Do you deny all the anti-police posts you have submitted?
If cops don't like negatives stories posted against them then they should quit beating and murdering innocent civilians. After all, these are the same people who love to say "you have nothing to fear if you're not doing anything wrong". That works both ways.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,404,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Perhaps the Police are a mirror of the people they serve and protect.
Or perhaps not, if we do what they do, we go to jail, while they go on paid administrative leave.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,552,365 times
Quote:
Excuse me???

Are you denying that there's a major issue within our Police departments? Do you have any reasoning beyond licking boots to come to that conclusion? Are you a cop, married to a cop, etc?

Just last year you had an officer not only default from the force, but turn against them because of the widespread corruption in the LAPD.

You can bury your head all you want but don't try to play it off as if I'm off kilter.
Please answer, and i say please because you people always ignore this question.
Why do you choose one bad officer to represent a whole police department? are you aware each police department has more than one officer right?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,552,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
If cops don't like negatives stories posted against them then they should quit beating and murdering innocent civilians. After all, these are the same people who love to say "you have nothing to fear if you're not doing anything wrong". That works both ways.
I think white people are violent and should stop shooting up schools, any white people on here wanna explain why you are all so violent?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,762,126 times
Sheriffs have to answer to the vote and held accountable. Sheriffs are the ONLY Constitutionally recognized law enforcement.

All the others are hired gun security for the elite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies