Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 07:29 PM

5,030 posts, read 3,456,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Five times more likely, a white woman will get it.
And double more likely a black (or of color) woman over the white woman. Real life experience speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 07:33 PM

5,030 posts, read 3,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree with your husband. I am a Black male and I had to struggle to get the job that I have. The environment I currently work in, it's predominantly White males, many of them of the conservative slant. I disagree with your husband because of what I've experienced and dealt with. If a Black person is so likely to get the job, then out of everyone in my cohort, why was it that me and another Black person had to wait the longest to get jobs after graduating from college? Why is it that even with a connection I had, I didn't get the job? By the way, the other Black person in my cohort, he currently works in sales and never got a job in his field. I have a job in my field, but it was an uphill battle. I watched other people who graduated with me get the jobs they wanted, while I had to work twice has hard. Why is that?
Are you saying this was true for you X years ago, or you're still seeing it today?

Old 06-07-2022, 08:04 PM

33,538 posts, read 12,776,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, things have really changed, people fear laughing at themselves...it's all about, "omg, you insulted me"....so what? If your that thin skinned your never going to make it in the world....

Gosh, people used to call me a ****, or Indian, and I didn't care, I laughed right along with them....we all did....I'm a boomer, and graduated in 67, sure was a different world, we had fun, we laughed, and when someone older made a suggestion, we didn't get all insulted and call them names...we listened, we learned....
Yeah, there was also that level of affection/kidding between people of different nationalities who were both white and both of the same religion.

Another two of my neighbors were a year behind me in school. Both were Catholic, and one was an American who was of half Italian descent and half Irish descent. The other guy, his mother was British (born and raised) and his dad was from Germany (born and raised). His little sister was born in the U.S., but I honestly don’t remember if he was….and I don’t think anyone asked. The father had a high ranking position with an oil company, and had been transferred and promoted from Europe (before we were out of Elementary school, the father got promoted again…this time to where I happen to live now…Houston Texas metro). Sometimes when the British/German parented kid would say something…..to needle him re what he said, the Italian/Irish descent guy would say “You’re such a Kraut” or “You’re being such a Kraut”, and laughter ensued.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:45 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,959,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is why blacks will always be lower class citizens in the US.

They refuse to assimilate to western culture and value education, then scream "racism" when they are unable to achieve anything in society!

By laebling everything that could potentially normalize and help assimilate blacks as "racist", they are sealing their own fate.

Given the ever increasing accusations of "racism" and demands for outrageous, superlative citizen status, it may be time to just give black America 4-5 states of their own and let them devolve into a third world, African nation.
Yes, this is true on a large scale for blacks. Although African immigrants (particularly Nigerian immigrants) have quietly assimilated well and have been highly successful as a whole when they come to this country.

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world...ise-you/86885/

Old 06-08-2022, 01:24 AM

24,966 posts, read 9,701,825 times
Quote:

They refuse to assimilate to western culture and value education, then scream "racism" when they are unable to achieve anything in society!

By laebling everything that could potentially normalize and help assimilate blacks as "racist", they are sealing their own fate.

Given the ever increasing accusations of "racism" and demands for outrageous, superlative citizen status, it may be time to just give black America 4-5 states of their own and let them devolve into a third world, African nation.
I'm black and this is 100% true.

Assimilation and education will always be the key to prosperity. Asian Americans, African immigrants, and Jewish Americans have shown that people of color or minority demographics can prosper in America. Not to mention a black president we had for 8 years.

If the recruiter, program manager, CEO, and president are speaking Ebonics, then you can speak Ebonics too. But they're speaking English so you better speak English if you want the job. Or you can start your own business.

Even the most woke lefties will never approve of reparations, so the only solution is assimilation and education.

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-08-2022 at 01:34 AM..

Old 06-08-2022, 02:28 AM

1,412 posts, read 811,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Maybe this is why so many of them come across as uneducated. It's not politically correct to correct them.
Nail on the head!

There are so many problems in the black community that are not addressed because even mentioning them will get you labelled a racist.

Old 06-08-2022, 03:19 AM

24,966 posts, read 9,701,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Nail on the head!

There are so many problems in the black community that are not addressed because even mentioning them will get you labelled a racist.
That's called black privilege.

The luxury to call anyone a racist, who politely asks you to assimilate to the dominant culture you're obsessively demanding equal respect from.

Old 06-08-2022, 03:52 AM

6,931 posts, read 2,407,810 times
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

~ Oscar Gamble

Old 06-08-2022, 05:57 AM

28,737 posts, read 18,978,848 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I'm black and this is 100% true.
Rocko20, t can't be 100% true if you're black and it doesn't include you. And you know it doesn't include millions of other ADOS people. Those are the "hidden figures" that get ignored in the rhetoric.

You even ignore yourself in your own rhetoric.

Quote:
Assimilation and education will always be the key to prosperity. Asian Americans, African immigrants, and Jewish Americans have shown that people of color or minority demographics can prosper in America. Not to mention a black president we had for 8 years.

If the recruiter, program manager, CEO, and president are speaking Ebonics, then you can speak Ebonics too. But they're speaking English so you better speak English if you want the job. Or you can start your own business.

Even the most woke lefties will never approve of reparations, so the only solution is assimilation and education.
I agree, but in the thread discussing how this situation with ADOS developed, you disagreed that the situation existed.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:12 AM

15,210 posts, read 8,737,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
If a white man from the country was in that professors class and said "Well hep dang that gravity aint pulling that moon to the sun, heck dang glad teach that moon got me seein dem critters at night."

If that professor would also correct a white student for using non-proper English (then perhaps he is not racist.)

But I strongly believe someones vocal dialect should only be corrected in a (English) class.
Should basic computational errors only be corrected in math class too? Or should a college professor have some reasonable expectation that his students be able to count past 10 without removing their shoes?

Just so you don’t continue misunderstanding the context of the situation … this isn’t about vocalizing. It’s about proper grammar usage when writing college papers. I don’t consider that to be an unreasonable expectation. What’s unreasonable is that a collage professor would actually have to do it.

Once upon a time, this alleged new form of racism wouldn’t have been possible, because college students had already mastered basic writing skills, which necessarily included proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. These skills were learned before reaching high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies