Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:07 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,739 times

Advertisements

I completely understand why people think this is satire but I am 100% serious.

I own plenty of guns and have trained dogs [I grew up in the 3rd world on a farm]

I do fear estate crime when I leave the ranch because I am the only house way out near the woods. Lots of rural homes in the area have been burglarized, I moved here for a scam job offer and was making great money but now scrape by on less than 15k a year, my family literately survive on donations of post date food so building a good fence and security systems are out of the question.

I understand the lack of respect for police but they are good people doing a job, if drugs were not a crime then people would probably feel differently about them.

I bet police would support ending the drug war if they weren't so worried about their jobs, they know its a scam.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
Your belief has been proven to be very wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I have always believed that if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from law enforcement.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Education and law enforcement has been VERY successful reducing nicotine use especially with the youth.

With an increased police presence less people would smoke in public and dare offer drugs to kids. I hate to see people smoking in front of the local store when school lets out, the kids have to look at that as they walk in to buy their candy. If someone throws a lit cigarette out of their car window we could bust their rear for public endangerment! Sick of seeing bums sift through public ash trays for butts!
Nicotine is an illegal substance?

Someone's mixing apples and oranges ... or cigarettes and joints ...

Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Your belief has been proven to be very wrong!
ok, your correct, its mostly true I feel.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nicotine is an illegal substance?

Someone's mixing apples and oranges ... or cigarettes and joints ...
....its about reducing kids usage of drugs, I was an athletic coach for a decade, trust me I know a lot about kids and drugs.

education worked on nicotine and it will work on marijuana, thats the point.
U.S. teen smoking declines to record low in 2012 - study | Reuters

If we had police that kept people from smoking in public then less kids would or could do it however I would NEVER make it illegal or fire someone for it.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
You are proposing life in a police state. It's insane!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM

I understand why people hate and fear the police, thats why we as Americans MUST end the war on drugs....
Why People HATE The Police - Victim 2 - YouTube

If we didn't do this to people I believe the public's opinion would change and most would agree with me.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
....its about reducing kids usage of drugs, I was an athletic coach for a decade, trust me I know a lot about kids and drugs.
Apparently not enough to know that nicotine is legal, and that increased police presence would not matter one bit.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
I have always believed that if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from law enforcement.
Completely disagree.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Apparently not enough to know that nicotine is legal, and that increased police presence would not matter one bit.
increased funding for the police would help them enforce good laws like smoking where it is prohibited.
I would prefer that people did not smoke in places were children were present but I would NEVER want it to be illegal.

re-read the post slowly, I never said anything about nicotine being illegal.

the whole point of the thread was that increased police funding thanks to recreational marijuana would be a great thing since the police would no longer be anal probing people looking for pot and could focus on real crime like rape, robbery and domestic violence.

Thats the point, dont hate police, hate the drug war.

One major point that no one has hit on [somehow] is that one of the most powerful drug war internists is the massive amounts of spending and allocations along with property seizures the directly benefit law enforcement. Its my firm opinion that if the men and women of law enforcement did not have to worry about losing their jobs they would be much more likely to help us end this costly, ineffective and destructive policy. By allocating funding that would if fact increase the police jobs and equipment they use to combat real crime we could win them over to our side. Its not the police that are the problem, its the corrupt politicians who bend over for special interest groups like the pharmaceutical company's and private prisons that need to be "defunded" not the men and women working to keep america safe from true criminals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3gnIGANhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6XlZAE2o0

Last edited by Boer; 01-26-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies