Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 03:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a massive amount of cash flowing into Americas law enforcement divisions?

I live out in the countryside and fear criminal activity when I leave the ranch.

I would LOVE to have a police officer posted at my corner 24/7-365!

I would even welcome a "drone" monitoring my acreage so when I leave town law enforcement professionals could protect my home and property from criminal activity.

I have always believed that if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from law enforcement.

Imagine a world where there was an officer on every corner and every 100 meters on our borders, we could afford that kind of thing if this massive influx of revenue were dedicated to law enforcement and education so kids learn that drug use is detrimental to their future just like we have with cigarettes and criminals run like rats off Americas streets!

Education and law enforcement has been VERY successful reducing nicotine use especially with the youth.

With an increased police presence less people would smoke in public and dare offer drugs to kids. I hate to see people smoking in front of the local store when school lets out, the kids have to look at that as they walk in to buy their candy. If someone throws a lit cigarette out of their car window we could bust their rear for public endangerment! Sick of seeing bums sift through public ash trays for butts!

I wonder how attitudes would change if my local police were able to get new equipment like the military uses and quadruple their staff?

I would also propose a 30% increase in pay for all divisions of law enforcement professionals.

It should go to those in a private business transaction. Supply & demand.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:37 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a massive amount of cash flowing into Americas law enforcement divisions?

I live out in the countryside and fear criminal activity when I leave the ranch.

I would LOVE to have a police officer posted at my corner 24/7-365!

I would even welcome a "drone" monitoring my acreage so when I leave town law enforcement professionals could protect my home and property from criminal activity.

I have always believed that if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from law enforcement.

Imagine a world where there was an officer on every corner and every 100 meters on our borders, we could afford that kind of thing if this massive influx of revenue were dedicated to law enforcement and education so kids learn that drug use is detrimental to their future just like we have with cigarettes and criminals run like rats off Americas streets!

Education and law enforcement has been VERY successful reducing nicotine use especially with the youth.

With an increased police presence less people would smoke in public and dare offer drugs to kids. I hate to see people smoking in front of the local store when school lets out, the kids have to look at that as they walk in to buy their candy. If someone throws a lit cigarette out of their car window we could bust their rear for public endangerment! Sick of seeing bums sift through public ash trays for butts!

I wonder how attitudes would change if my local police were able to get new equipment like the military uses and quadruple their staff?

I would also propose a 30% increase in pay for all divisions of law enforcement professionals.
Hell no. For what? They were just locking people up for it now they want to benefit from it again??

Worst idea ever.

Law Enforcement is already bringing a large percentage of drugs into this country.

DEA, Sinaloa Cartel in Secret Cooperation for Years | TIME.com

Old 01-26-2014, 03:53 PM

I think most on here (country is usually a little behind) are in full support of Ending the Drug War. What most of us are not in support of (making the assumption) is that Law Enforcement needs more money.

They are out of control as it is.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:54 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Hell no. For what? They were just locking people up for it now they want to benefit from it again??

Worst idea ever.

Law Enforcement is already bringing a large percentage of drugs into this country.

DEA, Sinaloa Cartel in Secret Cooperation for Years | TIME.com
......Do you know who Gary Webb was?

Old 01-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
......Do you know who Gary Webb was?
Just did a quick google of him. Great heads up. I did hear about Ricky Ross alledging that the government had a hand in distribution. What is even sadder is how certain drugs were pushed into certain communities.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Great, then your gonna LOVE this

American Drug War:The Last White Hope (a kevin booth film) - YouTube

Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM

we have to give the police another option, if they fear for their livelihood they wont support us.

I want a police officer on every corner of this great nation keeping america safe.

We can afford it if recreational marijuana funds go to keeping Americas law enforcement community strong and well funded.

A beautiful irony, if there ever was one more important than this than I am ignorant of it.

Three retired drug warriors lay it on the line about the War on Drugs - YouTube

Cop Makes Case for Legalizing Marijuana - YouTube

Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Marijuana revenues should go to subsidize the pharmaceutical industry, as they would be the biggest losers.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM

yeah, but I think they have a bit more to offer you than filling out reports for insurance reasons.

Matter of fact, I have been arrested on false grounds and had to go to court to prove my innocence, if the police get lied to they are still required to act and the court had to find me not guilty, I dont hate the men who arrested me, they were just doing what they were told to and required to by law. This whole thing cost me a lot of money and introduced an innocent man [me] to a terrible and costly procedure.

ever heard of the phrase "dont kill the messenger"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies