Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,394,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Nope, Rand is insane just like his nutter father except Rand is a social conservative too. He wants to dictate how you live your life privately plus he wants to end government services to people that have been in existence in the Kennedy administration (or FDR).
How do people exist in the Kennedy administration? What does this even mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 06:37 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,292,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The memo went out to all the media outlets to shine the worst light possible, poke fun and marginalize... the braindead swallowed their medicine and the results are seen in this thread.
For the record, my opinion of the American right is based mostly on what the American right says on boards like this one.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:39 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,586,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Don't we have a representative form of government? Don't we elect politicians to support OUR views? As I have no choice in Nevada, I registered as a Republic instead of the Independent I feel myself to be. But now that the GOP powers-to-be are taking this approach, how can I continue to even remain registered GOP?

Thanks to Blooger Gunny and his link to the Free Republic, I came across this article. How The GOP Plans To Crush The Tea Party Revolt

I still don't understand the vitriol against the Tea Party. Heck, it's not even a political party. A bunch of common Americans get together to try to voice their views and both the left and right go out of their gourds trying to squash them. Is that was this nation has turned into?
I found it curious that someone on the right would recommend an article by TPM and Daniel Strauss (of all people). Not you in particular, but this Blogger Gunny person. Since you didn't link him, I entered his name on Google. Here's his blog: BLOGGING BAD ~ DICK.G: AMERICAN ! | ~ THE ORIGINAL*ONLY GUNNY G ! NEWS*VIEWS*HISTORY*POLITICS*Etc. ~SEMPER BLOGGING/REBLOGGING ! ~ No offense, but I think he's the one looking for a fight.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
For the record, my opinion of the American right is based mostly on what the American right says on boards like this one.
I'm not sure what that says about you.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 PM

24,529 posts, read 33,416,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Good, the Tea Party is a bat**** crazy invasive species that needs to be culled.
In what way is the Tea Party "crazy?"

Old 02-12-2014, 07:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
In what way is the Tea Party "crazy?"
One way they are crazy is by creating the smallest political tent in the history of politics. Most the republicans are considered RINOs by them, except the all or nothing pack of Reps. Compromise is a dirty word and embracing any new voters is not on the agenda if they are different and don't exactly conform.
The qualifications for true membership in the tea party are very stringent. Not quite as stringent as getting in the Hells Angels but getting closer every day.
Lately they've been going after Boehner and McConnell. I'd call that politically crazy. Especially during an election year.

I think the Republican party realize that the tea party isn't just going after the current Government, the society, diversity and democrats. The tea party is also going after the Republican Party itself and what it stands for. They are 20 first century brown shirts.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,510,238 times
Run real candidates? The only thing to fear is the Koch Brothers. I have to believe experienced operatives can outmaneuver the Koch brothers. Karl Rove didn't do so well, despite his far right views.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
One way they are crazy is by creating the smallest political tent in the history of politics. Most the republicans are considered RINOs by them, except the all or nothing pack of Reps. Compromise is a dirty word and embracing any new voters is not on the agenda if they are different and don't exactly conform.
The qualifications for true membership in the tea party are very stringent. Not quite as stringent as getting in the Hells Angels but getting closer every day.
Lately they've been going after Boehner and McConnell. I'd call that politically crazy. Especially during an election year.
I see, unless you conform and fall in line you are "crazy". Unless you are willing to constantly be lied to you are "crazy". If you refuse to support the party no matter what, you are "crazy".

To me that's a crazy idea of what crazy is.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I see, unless you conform and fall in line you are "crazy". Unless you are willing to constantly be lied to you are "crazy". If you refuse to support the party no matter what, you are "crazy".

To me that's a crazy idea of what crazy is.
I stated my view of the tea party but I only said they were crazy because they are going after the two leaders of the party during an election year. That's not just crazy, it's political stupidity. Please read my post again and don't be so defensive.
I don't like your politics and you don't like mine. That's a given. Let's use that as a basis for discussion.

But politically, you're shooting yourselves in the foot and the mainstream republican party know's it. You've been relegated to sitting in the corner politically and if anything you've brought the republican and democrats in the house and senate together without you. The republican party has told you to sit this election cycle out. That's crazy if you want to be relevant and promote your agenda.

You'll win your seats in your depressing little district enclaves but nationally, you're toast.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I stated my view of the tea party but I only said they were crazy because they are going after the two leaders of the party during an election year.
I question your use of "leaders" here.

Quote:
That's not just crazy, it's political stupidity. Please read my post again and don't be so defensive.
I don't like your politics and you don't like mine. That's a given. Let's use that as a basis for discussion.

But politically, you're shooting yourselves in the foot and the mainstream republican party know's it. You've been relegated to sitting in the corner politically and if anything you've brought the republican and democrats in the house and senate together without you. The republican party has told you to sit this election cycle out. That's crazy if you want to be relevant and promote your agenda.

You'll win your seats in your depressing little district enclaves but nationally, you're toast.
It's not about party. It shouldn't be about party. Do you think the GOP believes that raising the debt ceiling is good for the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies