Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 PM

608 posts, read 482,695 times

Advertisements

Well it should provide quality entertainment for sure!Just read the link. This is amusing as hell! I am looking forward to this...a little life in politics is great...see some sparks fly...WEEEE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have to actually present something to expect anything more.
Oh, and let us never forget denial. Doesn't convince anyone else, but the denier finds "safety".

Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Oh, and let us never forget denial. Doesn't convince anyone else, but the denier finds "safety".
You said nothing. Just some vague rant. What exactly should people address vague rants with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Tea Party zealots are lied to consistently. They hear what they want to hear. And they don't care whether the facts agree.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
The far left did the behind the scene's work. They did a very good job.

Obama Losing The War At Home

For two hours Cleaver stood at the front of a crowded room and listened to one person after another urge him to oppose military action. He heard from the liberal left and the Tea Party right —

Cleaver nor Obama cared what the Tea Party thought.

Obama Losing The War At Home - ABC News
Interesting read, this qoute caught my eye:
" Obama is expected to return to Washington from Russia and the G-20 summit late tonight"

I didnt even realize he was in Russia at the time. But yeah I dont think it was just the far left. We're tired of war. Especially messy wars like the one Syria would have represented. They're expensive, and have no clear winning end.

Putin I think more then anything else defused this.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Interesting read, this qoute caught my eye:
" Obama is expected to return to Washington from Russia and the G-20 summit late tonight"

I didnt even realize he was in Russia at the time. But yeah I dont think it was just the far left. We're tired of war. Especially messy wars like the one Syria would have represented. They're expensive, and have no clear winning end.

Putin I think more then anything else defused this.
Putin helped but we would have went if the left had got behind it. Luckily a percentage of them are still principled here.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
I question your use of "leaders" here.

It's not about party. It shouldn't be about party. Do you think the GOP believes that raising the debt ceiling is good for the country?
Yes I do.

They raised the debt ceiling to pay for the budget they just passed. I believe that that budget was what they felt was good for the country under current conditions.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes I do.

They raised the debt ceiling to pay for the budget they just passed. I believe that that budget was what they felt was good for the country due to current conditions.
LOL......so all the past fighting against raising the limit was what?

They argued against doing what was best for country to get what they want?

Boehner and Cantor Declare No Debt Ceiling Increase Without Obamacare Delay and Keystone Approval

http://www.redstate.com/2014/02/11/b...tone-approval/

Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,503 times
Quote:
One way they are crazy is by creating the smallest political tent in the history of politics. Most the republicans are considered RINOs by them, except the all or nothing pack of Reps. Compromise is a dirty word and embracing any new voters is not on the agenda if they are different and don't exactly conform.
The qualifications for true membership in the tea party are very stringent. Not quite as stringent as getting in the Hells Angels but getting closer every day.
Lately they've been going after Boehner and McConnell. I'd call that politically crazy. Especially during an election year.

I think the Republican party realize that the tea party isn't just going after the current Government, the society, diversity and democrats. The tea party is also going after the Republican Party itself and what it stands for. They are 20 first century brown shirts.
We now have two major political parties that both want to continually spend your money and expand government control, while the inner circle of elitists become wealthy. The TEA Party opposes this. Nothing crazy about that.

The people in power probably read online political forums as one would read the comic section of the Sunday paper. Laughing as the serfs argue right vs. left, as though there is a difference, while they steal us blind.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
LOL......so all the past fighting against raising the limit was what?

They argued against doing what was best for country to get what they want?

Boehner and Cantor Declare No Debt Ceiling Increase Without Obamacare Delay and Keystone Approval

Boehner and Cantor Declare No Debt Ceiling Increase Without Obamacare Delay and Keystone Approval | RedState
Yes. That's exactly what they did. Raising the debt limit is all about paying for what you've already budgeted. All the budget was approved by the Congress of the United States and in the House of Representatives with a bipartisan vote.

There were many Tea Party Republican House Reps. who voted FOR the budget but voted AGAINST raising the debt ceiling. Kind of a "Let's buy it but not pay for it". Go figure.

Debt ceiling shouldn't be a negotiated political issue. Just get your Congress Critters to approve smaller budgets and then you won't have to raise the debt ceiling. Until then. Pay for the things we buy. At least do that much.

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-12-2014 at 09:57 PM..

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yes. That's exactly what they did. Raising the debt limit is all about paying for what you've already budgeted. All the budget was approved by the Congress of the United States and in the House of Representatives with a bipartisan vote.

There were many Tea Party Republican House Reps. who voted FOR the budget but voted AGAINST raising the debt ceiling. Kind of a "Let's buy it but not pay for it". Go figure.

Debt ceiling shouldn't be a negotiated political issue. Just get your Congress Critters to approve smaller budgets and then you won't have to raise the debt ceiling. Until then. Pay for the things we buy.
Anyway, you gave me another reason to not vote for them. They passed the budget that had to be met.

Anyway, this has been covered over and over. Not all debt has to be met. The war may be funded but it should be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies