Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:19 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The bill was written by the insurance industry and they gave themselves an out.

The last piece of the FIRE economy that we haven't blown up yet.
Yep, privatized gains and socialized losses. All courtesy of the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Add a nice juicy fee to the subsidized to pay for the bailout.

They can get a payment plan from the IRS.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM

7 posts, read 10,277 times
Default Its a bit early to know if Humana will face big losses.

I read the article written by someone at the American Enterprise Institute, which has been against Obamacare since 2010. Before that, in the 1990, AEI was promoting the very concept that is Obamacare - providing subsidies so people could afford to buy insurance through private insurance companies.

My take on the article: It seems a bit early for Humana to officially declare how much they will lose and how much of a bailout they will require. I would imagine the numbers are part of a "what if" scenario.

80% of people who enrolled through the Marketplace have paid their premium, according to something I read recently. If a person misses the deadline for payment, they must resubmit their application through the Marketplace.

How sick are enrollees? I am an insurance agent and I can't say I've signed up one person who is really sick and will need expensive care. My clients are generally in their 50's nd early 60's but they are healthy. About half already had health insurance but are getting better coverage at a better price through Obamacare. I am in Tucson, AZ which is among the lowest-cost markets in the country. Tucson among the lowest-cost health insurance markets | MEDICAREBLOG.org

Last edited by medicareblogger; 02-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: link typo

Old 02-16-2014, 12:31 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
So you think Humana doesn't employ actuaries?

And you're an insurance agent?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:48 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicareblogger View Post
I read the article written by someone at the American Enterprise Institute, which has been against Obamacare since 2010. Before that, in the 1990, AEI was promoting the very concept that is Obamacare - providing subsidies so people could afford to buy insurance through private insurance companies.

My take on the article: It seems a bit early for Humana to officially declare how much they will lose and how much of a bailout they will require. I would imagine the numbers are part of a "what if" scenario.

80% of people who enrolled through the Marketplace have paid their premium, according to something I read recently. If a person misses the deadline for payment, they must resubmit their application through the Marketplace.

How sick are enrollees? I am an insurance agent and I can't say I've signed up one person who is really sick and will need expensive care. My clients are generally in their 50's nd early 60's but they are healthy. About half already had health insurance but are getting better coverage at a better price through Obamacare. I am in Tucson, AZ which is among the lowest-cost markets in the country. Tucson among the lowest-cost health insurance markets | MEDICAREBLOG.org
Say hi to borregokid for us....

Old 02-16-2014, 03:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
From the article above, oh my, no cancel button, no wonder no one can give us the correct enrollment numbers:

He said some people may have enrolled in Obamacare exchange plans only to find and buy insurance elsewhere.

Other people who selected plans "get the bills mailed to them ... [and] they didn't think it was going to cost as much as it did," Hamburger said. "Or, they didn't get the bill."

Then, there's the lack of a cancel button. The website for HealthCare.gov, the federal Obamacare exchange selling policies to residents of 36 states, still does not give customers the ability to remove their unwanted enrollment from the system, Laszewski said. And that could be inflating enrollment tallies, he said.
Well I'm satisfied. That really eases my concerns over this Federal Government being in control of the Armageddon Button. And what about that Reset Button they were carrying around when they went to Russia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies