Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This pretty much nails it.. Interesting and sad read about what happens when stupid people elect a moron and liar.

National Review Online | Print
So I guess republicans need to get it together and give us something different. You gave us Romney who was also a liar. But neither Obama or Romney are morons. I think the moron is the one who wrote this article. Since Romney lied, are you saying stupid people voted for him Maybe you should choose your words more carefully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default The United States of Decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This pretty much nails it.. Interesting and sad read about what happens when stupid people elect a moron and liar.

National Review Online | Print
And here's the never-ending RWNJ response.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:40 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Here is a column from 9/2004

"Decline of American Greatness" by Elaine Kamarck

2005:
America's Engineered Decline

2007:
The Erosion of Rights | Center for American Progress

2007:
A New American Dark Age - Dark Ages America, Morris Berman

Old 02-21-2014, 06:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Decline?

Ha! Buffy Von Bernstein and I were just at the tennis and golf club last weekend. Hubert Henley IV had just purchased a new Rolls Royce. Seems like everyone at the club has been realizing record profits and bonuses. Mrs. Cooper just received as a gift a 10 carat necklace from her husband.

I simply don't understand where all this talk of decline is coming from. My friends and I have had double digit income gains since the recession ended. Hasn't everyone else? Maybe they should work harder. After all, EVERYONE can be rich if they just tried or were smart enough to be born into better families.

One thing we can agree on, however, is that we need lower taxes and less regulation. We are the job creators, after all. I mean, there must be at LEAST 3 bartenders at the club whose employment is directly related to Miles Masterson's drinking habits alone!

Old 02-21-2014, 06:57 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Heck, we had such articles back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I suppose there is good money to be made predicting the 'decline of America'.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Its highly dependent on individual as always and value of skills. Pure labor has been being replaced by automation for decades. Example;one person with a backhole can replaced a whole gang with shovels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Backhole?
Sounds like a typo: I think texdav mean to say "backhoe".

Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nice to see someone besides the far right, republican fringe, moving from thread to thread, rat-packing everybody who has a different opinion from their distortions, misinformation, links from hell and downright lies.
Deal with it.

I post what I see.

And the Obamabots are out in force.

Keep defending all his failed policies.

Its comedy I would pay to see.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Heck, we had such articles back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I suppose there is good money to be made predicting the 'decline of America'.
Yes.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Decline?

Ha! Buffy Von Bernstein and I were just at the tennis and golf club last weekend. Hubert Henley IV had just purchased a new Rolls Royce. Seems like everyone at the club has been realizing record profits and bonuses. Mrs. Cooper just received as a gift a 10 carat necklace from her husband.

I simply don't understand where all this talk of decline is coming from. My friends and I have had double digit income gains since the recession ended. Hasn't everyone else? Maybe they should work harder. After all, EVERYONE can be rich if they just tried or were smart enough to be born into better families.

One thing we can agree on, however, is that we need lower taxes and less regulation. We are the job creators, after all. I mean, there must be at LEAST 3 bartenders at the club whose employment is directly related to Miles Masterson's drinking habits alone!
There are no more annoying people on the planet then those that live in /belong to high end country clubs.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
There are no more annoying people on the planet then those that live in /belong to high end country clubs.
Or pretend to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies