Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, you did not.

Here's what you said:

No, you made no comparison whatsoever.

You just declared I raised unicorns. Nothing else.
So reading comprehension isn't your specialty? I was making a comparison to your OP, but I will try to keep it more simple next time because it seems mentioning unicorns confused you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post

Do you see where this is going? I am constructing an argument without any merit. I have an opinion, but am neglecting to provide appropriate evidence. If I could prove conservatives are dumb, I would have, but I can't. Therefore, I make jabs and counterpoints to make myself think I know better, even though I can't prove anything.
Yeah, I see where this is going. You've been trying to set up a "heads I win, tails you lose" argument. I turned it on you by asking you the standard you set for evidence for your own statement. Not the evidence, the STANDARD by which you make the judgment. You and your associates all have the same problem - an inability to articulate any rational, objective standard for ANYTHING they believe.

Quote:
I am a liberal. I haven't insisted that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet. Nor have I insisted that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.
Well, good.

I'm glad you chose to remain silent so you'd not be one of the people I was talking about in the original post.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So reading comprehension isn't your specialty? I was making a comparison to your OP, but I will try to keep it more simple next time because it seems mentioning unicorns confused you.
No, there was no comparison anywhere. You just stated that I raised unicorns and made an irrational argument why you thought so.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
No, there was no comparison anywhere. You just stated that I raised unicorns and made an irrational argument why you thought so.
Yep, the unicorns confused you. The unicorns are about as real as your 80% stat that you gave in your OP.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:37 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,546,718 times
Quote:
And when asked what criteria YOU use, you call me "dumb".

Of course it's your opinion. And your judgment. And when asked what basis that judgment is based on, you start attacking me. You asked me to refute your judgment, but you can't tell me what evidence is required to prove you wrong, since you don't seem to be able to state what evidence you made that judgment on in the first place.

It's why I don't play your "prove me wrong" or "prove you're right" games with people like you.

You haven't got any "goalposts", and you don't even bother to move them, you just declare everything to be a failure or "not proof", since you refuse to set any objective means of measurement.

Note, I did not insist you use MY standard of judgment. I did not insist you accept MY argument. You gave up the moment I asked you for your standard, to USE YOURS.

Which demonstrates my original premise - that you have no rational approach to what you say and what you argue and will contradict your own "logic" at whim, without a second thought.
I didn't call you dumb. I generalized. Like you.

I didn't attack you. Stop trying to play the victim.

Your OP is a mirror image of what you are so adamantly arguing against. What I gathered from another thread, along with this one, is that you are intelligent. You have done a good job attempting to reverse the script. Some may even fall for your 'logic.'

However, that doesn't excuse the lack of evidence you put forth. I, one of 300,000,000+ Americans, discredit, and therefore, disprove your sorry generalization.

Sorry, but I wish I was not ten beers deep right now, so I could refute your **** a little better.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't call you dumb.
yes, you did. Here's how it went down...

Quote:

You: Whatever I say it is.
Me: So, what do you say it is?
You: Dumb.

Quote:
I generalized. Like you.
No, I was specific:

Quote:
The same liberals who insist that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet...
And then you objected because you claimed you didn't say that, but then I went on to say

Quote:
Insist that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.
And you insisted that I was then mispresenting YOU.

YOU included yourself in the group, not me. Funny how that works.

Quote:
I didn't attack you. Stop trying to play the victim.
I'm not playing any victim. I'm playing with you, and making a monkey out of you because you don't read, don't use reason and logic, and then try to play astoundingly stupid games. You included yourself in the "qualification" which was very specific and very clear, and then got mad because you didn't like what was said about the group you put yourself into.

Quote:
Your OP is a mirror image of what you are so adamantly arguing against. What I gathered from another thread, along with this one, is that you are intelligent. You have done a good job attempting to reverse the script. Some may even fall for your 'logic.'
No, but you fell for the oldest trick in the book.

Quote:
However, that doesn't excuse the lack of evidence you put forth. I, one of 300,000,000+ Americans, discredit, and therefore, disprove your sorry generalization.
The "generalization" is wholly fiction on your part.

Quote:
Sorry, but I wish I was not ten beers deep right now, so I could refute your **** a little better.
The "ten beers deep" explains a lot of your irrational hilarity.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, the unicorns confused you. The unicorns are about as real as your 80% stat that you gave in your OP.
And your argument that Obamacare is good is ????

In regards to premiums rising... Every insurer has to dramatically increase revenues per customer... Thus, premiums per person are going up.

Depending on the existing pool the insurer has for customers, between 60 and 100 percent of policy holders will see detrimental financial results.

Overall, it will take 2 years to compile the numbers to see, but considering the trends, it will be the rare policyholder who will find the premium decreased. (note, subsidy does not decrease the premium)

It is my PREDICTION that 90% will see premiums go up. And that's based on industry PREDICTIONS based on the models which have already appear to be wrong - things are going to be worse than predicted.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
yes, you did. Here's how it went down...

You: Whatever I say it is.
Me: So, what do you say it is?
You: Dumb.
I don't see where I called you dumb.

Quote:
The same liberals who insist that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet...

And then you objected because you claimed you didn't say that, but then I went on to say

Insist that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.
I didn't say that. You said that. I have not stated whether I agree or disagree with you. I have just asked for proof.

Quote:
I'm not playing any victim. I'm playing with you, and making a monkey out of you because you don't read, don't use reason and logic, and then try to play astoundingly stupid games. You included yourself in the "qualification" which was very specific and very clear, and then got mad because you didn't like what was said about the group you put yourself into.
You state an opinion as fact and can't back up your opinion. The only monkey here is you. If you are hiding the truth in your pocket, by all means lay it out and make me look foolish.

Quote:
No, but you fell for the oldest trick in the book.
Which is?

Quote:
The "generalization" is wholly fiction on your part.
Your part, you mean.

Quote:
The "ten beers deep" explains a lot of your irrational hilarity.
I was using that as an excuse, I admit. However, since you still can't prove anything you've stated, I now feel bad using it as a handicap.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I see where this is going. You've been trying to set up a "heads I win, tails you lose" argument. I turned it on you by asking you the standard you set for evidence for your own statement. Not the evidence, the STANDARD by which you make the judgment. You and your associates all have the same problem - an inability to articulate any rational, objective standard for ANYTHING they believe.
Turned it on me? Me and 'my associates' have only asked you to prove your assertion.

Quote:
Well, good.

I'm glad you chose to remain silent so you'd not be one of the people I was talking about in the original post.
Then why are you arguing with me. For all you know, I could be in agreement with you, but waiting for the facts.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I don't see where I called you dumb.
Get sober.

Quote:
I didn't say that. You said that. I have not stated whether I agree or disagree with you. I have just asked for proof.
But you put yourself in the group. And criticized me for lumping you in said specific group.

Quote:
You state an opinion as fact and can't back up your opinion. The only monkey here is you. If you are hiding the truth in your pocket, by all means lay it out and make me look foolish.
LOL!!!! You jumped right in, both feet... Your first comment was:
Quote:
It seems your first argument is to throw out generalizations and opinions.
No, I very specifically qualified EXACTLY who I was talking about. But you missed that and claimed it was about you. Right here:

Quote:
Who is 'they?'
The people referred to in the original post.
You referred to 'liberals' without any evidence.
And then you got lost:

You demanded: "Evidence that what you say is in any way true. "

But you were confused about who was being discussed.

You said:

Quote:
I am a liberal. I haven't insisted that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet. Nor have I insisted that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.
To which I responded:

Quote:
I guess I forgot the /sarc clue. sigh...
Quote:
I was using that as an excuse, I admit. However, since you still can't prove anything you've stated, I now feel bad using it as a handicap.
My evidence is the threads in this forum. I stated that clearly... That there are posters who do exactly what you insist there is no proof of IN THIS FORUM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies