Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times

Advertisements

This is the inevitable result of our greedy CEOs outsourcing millions of American jobs.

'According to a Gallup survey , 3 out of every 10 adults under 35 are still living at home.

Pew Research Center analysis found that 36 percent of Americans 18 to 31 years old were still living with their parents, the highest level ever recorded.

So what is causing all of this?

More Americans than ever before seem to be living in a state of “perpetual adolescence”.

The total amount of student loan debt in the United States has risen to a brand new all-time record of 1.08 trillion dollars.

-Student loan debt accounted for 3.1 percent of all consumer debt in 2003. Today, it accounts for 9.4 percent of all consumer debt.

Meanwhile, our young adults are still really struggling to find jobs.'

29 Percent Of All U.S. Adults Under The Age Of 35 Are Living With Their Parents | The Daily Sheeple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
This is the inevitable result of our greedy CEOs outsourcing millions of American jobs.

'According to a Gallup survey , 3 out of every 10 adults under 35 are still living at home.

Pew Research Center analysis found that 36 percent of Americans 18 to 31 years old were still living with their parents, the highest level ever recorded.

So what is causing all of this?

More Americans than ever before seem to be living in a state of “perpetual adolescence”.

The total amount of student loan debt in the United States has risen to a brand new all-time record of 1.08 trillion dollars.

-Student loan debt accounted for 3.1 percent of all consumer debt in 2003. Today, it accounts for 9.4 percent of all consumer debt.

Meanwhile, our young adults are still really struggling to find jobs.'

29 Percent Of All U.S. Adults Under The Age Of 35 Are Living With Their Parents | The Daily Sheeple
There are many more reasons than "greedy CEOs" outsourcing jobs.

-The Government created a tuition bubble making higher education impossibly expensive
- Students not having a focused major thereby not gaining proper skill sets
- Students ignoring the trades for possible careers- yes we still need people who work in the trades
- Businesses using automation
-Healthcare costs

What else?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Nice talking point, but,on top of what BoomBen said, most people in the US do not work for large corporations nor have they ever. Most work for small companies. There is a reason why those jobs have not come back or increased; perhaps you should ask that question.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:25 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
whats wrong with staying home?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Just speaking from what I see on a day to day basis is that the younger generation wants the same thing us older folks have worked all our lives to get, many of them do move out but end up buried and broke which leads them back home when they loose everything. In quite a few cases it seems to be a fast meaningless marriage which ends when they are not interested any longer which sends them broke and back home and some just would rather stay home, have the nice car and money to party. There are probably many reasons for living at home. I was on my own at 17.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM

310 posts, read 256,490 times
I never really understood this. I live in one of the most expensive cities in the country putting myself through school while working a crap job, yet I don't live with my parents. Maybe it is because I taught myself very early on to hate spending money.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
I never really understood this. I live in one of the most expensive cities in the country putting myself through school while working a crap job, yet I don't live with my parents. Maybe it is because I taught myself very early on to hate spending money.
Or maybe your parents send you money when you need it

Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Nice talking point, but,on top of what BoomBen said, most people in the US do not work for large corporations nor have they ever. Most work for small companies. There is a reason why those jobs have not come back or increased; perhaps you should ask that question.
Most of the IT jobs have been outsourced to India, and the manufacturing jobs have been outsourced to China. That translates to millions of jobs lost and unavailable to Americans.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
More people are going to college, so it makes sense to have more young adults living at home to save on costs.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

310 posts, read 256,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Or maybe your parents send you money when you need it
Really? I wish, they don't send me a dime. But hey, let's continue to assume things about people we know nothing about, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies