Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:05 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They know that it'll hurt our state's image ..and that the state is going to have to defend it in federal court where it WILL lose.

Brewer is an idiot so I'm not sure what she'll do, but she'd better pass on this one.

Do they not understand what message Arizona is sending out? You don't like Gays! Is it true? Probably not but that is the "message' THOUGH.

Disney has "Gay Days" in June of every year in Orlando! What do people think when they hear Arizona now? Sheriff Joe and you don't like Gay people!
A very welcoming state! You can shove the Grand Canyon somewhere else if we are afraid to visit! but hey? Family values right?

Old 02-24-2014, 02:50 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Do they not understand what message Arizona is sending out? You don't like Gays! Is it true? Probably not but that is the "message' THOUGH.

Disney has "Gay Days" in June of every year in Orlando! What do people think when they hear Arizona now? Sheriff Joe and you don't like Gay people!
A very welcoming state! You can shove the Grand Canyon somewhere else if we are afraid to visit! but hey? Family values right?
Where in the bill does it say that it hates gay people? I dont see those words in there. Im sure there are other gay events that are held or recognized in the state. So are you advocating that everyone needs to follow Disneys footsteps?

Do you people hear what you are saying?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Correct , thats why i was wondering how this was anti gay .

This bill is so that owners CAN NOT GET SUED because they dont want to serve someone. I think its a great bill since it seems like today everyone trys to sure for whatever reason they can.

I wonder where the outrage is for the " no shoes no shirt no service " ? Can liberals answer that.
NO SHOES NO SHIRT NO SERVICE applies to everyone equally.

The OWNER don't like you so no service for you doesn't apply to everyone equally. It is applied subjectively, by the owner's personal biases and prejudices. And YOU like it, until YOU are the one being denied service. Then, you no like so much.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

We're talking about the Arizona GOP here. I'm sorry, but you have NO IDEA how stupid Arizona Republicans can be. They have spent the last 35 years making a cottage industry out of embarrassing this state ad infinitum. They get laughed at and slapped around constantly in the national media, but they're tone deaf. They vowed that once they got rid of Gov Napolitano, they'd do everything to legislate all of the fantasies that she spent her whole damn governorship frustrating.

And although the average Arizona Republican is not quite as stupid as the idiots they keep electing, they think all this hi jinx is cute and rebellious..They wanna poke their fingers in the chest of liberalism although in the end they always end up losing these silly battles they like to fight.

The 9th Circuit Court LIVES just to slap Arizona Republicans down.

Fortunately, we have just enough liberals in this state to keep the Republicans from turning this state into a complete insane asylum.

Believe me...we're good people here. Our dumbass politicians are not emblematic of most of us.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Believe me...we're good people here. Our dumbass politicians are not emblematic of most of us.
You personally may be a good person, but generally you folks are electing people like this to represent you.

What part of "represent you" and "elected" are you missing?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
What if i was out on the beach , shirt was in my hotel room since it was like 100 degrees out. So now i have no shirt, now what?

Simple solution : Just got to another establishment.

They Gay community is reminds me of the POTUS. Its either their way or NON at all.
If you are on the beach and a business has a "no shirt, no service" policy then they are stupid and deserve to lose your business and everyone elses.

As for your simple solution, you are missing the point. Laws like this stop gay friendly companies from moving to your state. Companies do not like doing business with places that conflict with their own policies.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You personally may be a good person, but generally you folks are electing people like this to represent you.

The Part where he/she voted for them.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:

We are guilty of apathy in the extreme in this state. Turnout is so low in primaries that the extremes (of both parties) get nominated. Once nominated the heavily rigged districting assures that whatever party own that district gets in. Many districts run a candidate from only one party in the general. There is no choice at all, no opportunity to be heard for INDs and members of the opposite party. They just do not matter. The legislature is about 25% LDS with every committee just about headed by an LDS member. LDS makes up less than 5% of the population. The Mormons are rabidly anti-gay. They are the ones behind this bill along with with a couple Christian fanatics.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:

They don't represent me in this case. These idiots aren't from my district...thankfully.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We are guilty of apathy in the extreme in this state. Turnout is so low in primaries that the extremes (of both parties) get nominated. Once nominated the heavily rigged districting assures that whatever party own that district gets in. Many districts run a candidate from only one party in the general. The legislature is about 25% LDS with every committee just about headed by an LDS member. LDS makes up less than 5% of the population. They are the ones behind this bill along with with a couple Christian fanatics.
Spot on. LDS carries a disproportionate amount of weight down here in deep southern Aizona too. Especially in Cochise and Greenlee Counties.

And it all.comes down to the primaries where they're extremely active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies