Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 01:30 PM

1,665 posts, read 985,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Jolla View Post
It's gonna be a helluva party in NOLA with permit-less concealed carry. The bangers can't even be brought in for questioning when found to be packing.
It's all good. I don't go to that hell hole anyway. They can surely have that city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 01:51 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,988,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
One thing I really like about California is you never see idiots with guns hanging off of their belts.

Many of the "open carry" people do it because a) it compensates for their feelings of inferiority, or b) they have a hero complex. Unless you're out hunting, at the gun range, or working on a ranch, you don't need open carry. No need to walk through Home Depot with a rifle over your shoulder. It's stupid.
Obviously you've never seen my Home Depot, or Walmart.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:32 PM

15,646 posts, read 7,679,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its a conflict of interest though...the Supreme Court justices are appointed by politicians/presidents, their salaries are paid by Govt, the court itself is govt property.

How can they be impartial when they are part of the Govt itself?

Especially in the case of gun laws and the 2nd Amendment, its in the courts interest to favor/protect the Govt.

Look at it this way...lets say I filed a lawsuit against Toyota....but the judge was paid by Toyota, Toyota appointed the judge and the court was on Toyota property...who do you think the court will side with? LOL
It's the system we have, and no one has ever come up with something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Jolla View Post
It's gonna be a helluva party in NOLA with permit-less concealed carry. The bangers can't even be brought in for questioning when found to be packing.
The open carry laws prohibit detaining someone simply for carrying a handgun. If the suspect is doing something illegal, then the police are free to detain and question them. And, the prohibitions on felons possessing firearms still apply.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:40 PM

2,082 posts, read 928,344 times
It always irked me that celebrities and well heeled business people were able to carry for a price, that price was donations to a sheriff’s re-election Thank God I moved to a Constitutional Carry state where no pay for play is needed

Old 05-09-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
It always irked me that celebrities and well heeled business people were able to carry for a price, that price was donations to a sheriff’s re-election Thank God I moved to a Constitutional Carry state where no pay for play is needed
That was one of the great features of the Texas CHL law when it was passed. The licenses were "shall issue" on completion of the requirements. Not quite Constitutional carry, but what was feasible at the time(and sometimes, you have to settle for what is possible, not what you really want)

Old 05-09-2021, 09:06 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,071,602 times
How do you not register a gun when purchasing? Do you mean purchase illegally?

Old 05-09-2021, 09:11 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,071,602 times
With all the attacks on Asians going on, I wonder if Asians in NYC can use that as an excuse.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:01 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,783,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
One thing I really like about California is you never see idiots with guns hanging off of their belts.

They have not defunded the cops yet, to get rid of them. There are 1000's of idiots in California with guns hanging off their belts and a badge to go with it.

https://www.foxla.com/news/isaias-ce...an-with-autism

Old 05-10-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How do you not register a gun when purchasing? Do you mean purchase illegally?
Some states don't require registration. Texas is one. If I buy a firearm from an FFL holder, the only paperwork is the Federal form 4473, followed by the NICS check. There are no state forms, no requirement to go visit the police to get permission to buy, nothing except pay your money and take your firearm home. If I buy, or am gifted a firearm, from a private party, there is zero paperwork.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:53 AM

78,848 posts, read 61,038,645 times
This thread really does highlight the problem with restrictions and how if you are in a city that puts hefty gun restrictions in place where you need special permits then yes, obviously with the corruption and political entrenchment the people with "connections" will get to go to the front of the line.

Saw this all the time in Chicago for EVERYTHING, not just guns. City contracts, relatives getting good city jobs out of stacks of applicants, denying business plans for rivals or sending inspectors looking for safety or health violations....the elite in the city used it as their own source of power to help themselves and punish any who got in their way.

Story after story after story over the decades and we only heard the tiny little bit that came to light.

Ironic in the era of BLM that people trust cities (that can't even run fair police departments) to be fair with other things like permits etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies