Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Show me the quote were someone said "im sorry we went after groups because they are conservatives ideology."
Wow, at this point if one is still denying that targeting even took place, that person is either an outright idiot or willful liar. I'd guess your the latter, which is worse than being an idiot. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's all you've got? Claiming what is right there in front of the world to see isn't really there at all? Really?
The irony of them lying about whats there, on a thread whining about others lying. The humor of the hypcracy isnt lost, thats for sure.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,512,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
She also said she was in fear for her life if she testified. She states she already got threats. Hmmmm. Anyone wonder where the threats came from? I have an idea.
The NSA will be visiting you soon.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What was President Obamas job? The whole point of a hearing is for each side to present their side to the public..

Republicans show emails which indicate wrongdoing took place, Democrats show emails showing the actions were acceptable..

Thats kinda the process.. I've never once seen a prosecutor present the case for a defendant. Maybe you can cite me an example

Are you freaking kidding me. With this administration this President, there is only one side that can do no wrong. Fair this President as he stated in my 08 tapes of him, stated he would be fair with both sides. Listening like no other President ever had. Really Mr. President, have not kept your word.

Not surprising, when you can get away so easily with lies, because ignorant naïve supporters will go along, not surprising at all.

I hate liars with a passion, and pleading the 5th, is a right, but that women is guilty of something, and protecting someone. To this administration the whole point of a hearing, is to make and joke about the truth, to make fun and poke fun at the opposing team, who knows the score.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:07 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yep, except you are leaving out the part where it was done because Tea Party "Patriots" threatened to murder her and her family.

I guess her pleading the 5th is worse then people threatening to murder her. I see where your priorities are.

Asserting constitutional rights bad, threatening to murder a person and their entire family...perfectly acceptable.
Former IRS Official Received Death Threats Over Tea Party Scandal, Her Lawyer Says

That is the way the headline read, not as you posted Tea Party "Patriots" threatened to murder her and her family.

At lease, I didn't see that part in the Huff post. Correct me if I am wrong and I am sincere in saying that.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
That wasn't the real headline, that was the OP's re-writing, here's the actual headline:

Former IRS Official Received Death Threats Over Tea Party Scandal, Her Lawyer Says

Neither the headline nor the article say who has sent the threats. It would seem most likely to be coming from people who don't want her to testify.

Politico says she asked not to be recalled today due to receiving the threats:

Read more: Lawyer to Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner facing threats - Andrea Drusch and Rachael Bade and Lauren French - POLITICO.com

Someone really, really doesn't want her to testify.
It wasn't the OP who rewrote the headline, it was EmeraldCityWanderer, I think. Thanks for the Politico link.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:39 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please describe for me why some of these are not reasonable questions to be answered:

A) Lois Lerner sent letters asking improper questions to groups after she had already claimed that all such targeting and improper questions had stopped and admitted that it was wrong. Why is there an inconsistency?

B) Lois Lerner claimed that the trouble started from line level employees in the Cincinnati office - yet targeting was occurring from offices coast to coast that Cincinnati (especially line level) would have had no directives over. Also the Washington Post reported that a top IRS attorney claimed that the 'troubled policy' was started by the Chief Counsel Office, headed by an Obama appointee in DC. Why is there a discrepancy?

C) Lois Lerner called the “Tea Party matter†“dangerous†and asked whether the FEC would “save the day†in her emails. What does this mean? Why does the IRS still withhold some of her work emails?

It seems to me that you know these are legitimate questions, but you are afraid of the possible answers - so you ignore the questions and hope the IRS scandal will just go away, for partisan purposes. How does it help the country if we let government abuse of citizens for political purposes go unaccounted for?
Your spot on with this. And any one person who does not want these very legitimate questions answered, already knows the truth.

You want to totally ignore a situation and when it is legitimate, you back away from wanting to hear the truth, which you deep down in your gut already know. Know one is this stupid to not see thru this crap.

Like I said a while back, the truth has a way of catching up, and when it does, you can no longer avoid the truth.

Lets save the day, and while we are at it, I must plead the damn 5th. Look at her eyes, she is guilty. Exactly guilty of what, do not know, but there is guilt written all over face. This administration is not about truth, but about lies and distortions.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Did it come down harder on right than left? That is actually not in evidence. More right then left organizations were hung up in the system...
Many of these organizations on the left did not get hung up in the system because they were never subjected to the increased scrutiny to begin with.

Quote:
Issa obviously does not want the testimony of Lerner. If he did immunity would fix the problem. And there would appear little down side risk to it...
There is two possible reasons, if the trail ends were her you certainly don't want to let her off the hook with immunity. Secondly even if the trail doesn't end with her that's a tough pill to swallow since she would be instrumental in what occurred here.

That said I'm guessing she will get immunity.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 AM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your spot on with this. And any one person who does not want these very legitimate questions answered, already knows the truth.

You want to totally ignore a situation and when it is legitimate, you back away from wanting to hear the truth, which you deep down in your gut already know. Know one is this stupid to not see thru this crap.

Like I said a while back, the truth has a way of catching up, and when it does, you can no longer avoid the truth.

Lets save the day, and while we are at it, I must plead the damn 5th. Look at her eyes, she is guilty. Exactly guilty of what, do not know, but there is guilt written all over face. This administration is not about truth, but about lies and distortions.
It really is shocking that people are fine with the government abusing citizen rights for political purposes so long as it is not their party being abused - then these same people chastise us for not wanting government to grow larger.

These are legitimate questions - hence all of the dodging.

P.S. The Washington Post was "shocked" that it has since been revealed that so many high level officials in the White House knew of the IRS targeting for months beforehand...yet Obama supposedly found out the same time that we did through the media.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Best way to destroy Dear Leader's psychophants is showing up this November. Take all the frustration, anger, energy and focus it like a laser beam at this Novembers elections.

The commercials are already being produced that will show Oscumma's assertion of no IRS wrong doing on Superbowl Sunday and Lois Lerner taking the fifth side by side.

It's gonna get NASTY!

yes you are right, but it was the boneheads that stayed home in the last 2 elections!!
think they have learned anything??? nope
they sat home and let this hack get re elected and they will do it again that is why I would never be a republican!!! they are dumb as dirt
they **** and moan about who is running and like children they refuse to vote unless it is "their" man
Mitt Romney would have made a great president but oh hell no not these jerks
so now we are suck with this son of a *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies