Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't support it at all.
But you do for others.

Quote:
Our civil rights have been circumvented and worked around by this and previous adminstrations to the point where "freedom" is just something the government says we have to keep us as serfs to the ruling class.

We are all busy bitching and moaning about each other while the career politicians in Both parties sell this country to the highest bidder to increase the power and influence of said politicians.

It is no longer a government by the people for the people it is a government of the ruling class for the ruling class funded by the common man.
Its not just the last two administrations. You are arguing for it also.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But you do for others.

Its not just the last two administrations. You are arguing for it also.
So when I say "I don't support it" that actually means "I support it"?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
So when I say "I don't support it" that actually means "I support it"?
Seems that way. Did you not argue that to get government benefits you should have to submit to a drug test?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
talk about bass ackwards. enlighten me on how raising the minimum wage to what some say should be 15$ will create jobs when in fact it will do the opposite?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They buy drugs where is Michele on using our tax dollar paid for food stamps on that? I vote for drug testing for welfare but liberals bounce off walls when that is mentioned.

Liberals want to control food but not illegal drugs.

Well frankly, drug testing has proven to be worthless, except that the clinics are taking a fortune in tax dollars to find out, the great majority are drug free... Surprise.

Why don't you push for the drug testing of Congress, or the execs of GE who instead of paying taxes got massive refunds? Could it be the perception one group is black and one white?

I bet if we test the company execs, they won't have as low a drug usage as welfare recipients.

The "control of drugs " has led to massive increases in the supply and a drop in the prices, so just what has been controlled? You live a fantasy life of Fox soundbites that are not based in reality.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Well frankly, drug testing has proven to be worthless, except that the clinics are taking a fortune in tax dollars to find out, the great majority are drug free... Surprise.

Why don't you push for the drug testing of Congress, or the execs of GE who instead of paying taxes got massive refunds? Could it be the perception one group is black and one white?

I bet if we test the company execs, they won't have as low a drug usage as welfare recipients.

The "control of drugs " has led to massive increases in the supply and a drop in the prices, so just what has been controlled? You live a fantasy life of Fox soundbites that are not based in reality.
Except drug testing has been worth while in the few states that do it. The savings isn't in the people you catch doing drugs, it is the people who do not apply because they know they are going to be tested.

FGA analysis of state-generated data from the first quarter of the Florida law showed a 48 percent drop in monthly cash assistance approvals and a drug-related denial rate of 19 percent. In all, Florida taxpayers saved an estimated $1.8 million.
http://www.floridafga.org/2012/02/re...ublic-hearing/

Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
SNAP/WIC/"Food stamps"
"Why are we allowing people on welfare to use our tax dollars to buy any kind of junk food they want?!"[/outrage]

Public School Lunches
"Why are we using our tax dollars to make sure kids eat healthy foods for school lunch?"[/outrage]

It seems American Conservatives have a problem w/ poor people eating junk food, except when they're eating healthy food.
They want low income (children) to sweep floors to earn their school lunch.

Poor kids should sweep floors for school lunches, says GOP Rep. | MSNBC

Yes the bass-ackwards logic of American Conservatives.

House GOP Would Kick 280,000 Children Off School Lunch Program To Protect Tax Cut For Millionaires | ThinkProgress

House Republicans say pizza is a vegetable | The Raw Story

Republicans block child nutrition bill | The Raw Story

Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Except drug testing has been worth while in the few states that do it. The savings isn't in the people you catch doing drugs, it is the people who do not apply because they know they are going to be tested.
Drug test every single motor vehicle operator and you'll cut down on those operating vehicles on drugs also.

Do a background check on every single gun purchase and you'll catch a few crimimals.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:40 PM

n/a posts
people don't realize we give the hungry food because if we didn't, they'd take it.

or you think they'd just sit idly by and starve to death? or that they'd work?

haha. nope.

they'd storm the groceries. i'm telling you.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
people don't realize we give the hungry food because if we didn't, they'd take it.

or you think they'd just sit idly by and starve to death? or that they'd work?

haha. nope.

they'd storm the groceries. i'm telling you.
"My stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch."
-Tupac Shakur, aka 2Pac.

And they would work (if they could find a job.)

2pac-Changes - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies