Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The sensationalism oozing out of this article is absolutely disgusting. No one in their right mind would believe that 26 million women are now reliant on 24 clinics. This ridiculous notion assumes that every woman in Texas would possibly seek abortion services.

What a steaming pile of donkey dung.
True. Not to mention there are only about 26 million people total in the state, so a little over 13 million females, probably only about 6 million of whom are of childbearing age.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Many lives will be saved.
Many lives will be saved to be impoverished, neglected, abused...

M'kay.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
If I had something growing inside me that I didn't want there, you can bet I would be doing everything in my power to get it out.

These clinics may close, but women in that vicinity who want an abortion will undoubtedly still have one. Thanks to conservatives it may now be done in a much more dangerous environment.
Yep.

"The new law means that abortion is far less accessible — that, of course, was the point. Some dozen cilnics in Texas have stopped providing abortions. The result is a disturbing rise in self-induced abortions — only instead of resorting to coat hangers, women are using medication:

Some women resort to self-induced medication abortions with the ulcer drug misoprostol, widely used in Latin America to terminate early pregnancies. Though it is available only by prescription in the United States, misoprostol can easily be purchased at pharmacies across the border in Mexico or at flea markets in the Valley. WWHM saw about one failed misoprostol self-induced abortion a day."

Ulcer drugs are the new coat hangers: how Texas’s draconian new abortion law encourages women to take dangerous risks with their health by Kathleen Geier | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

Old 03-07-2014, 11:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
If you are a prospective parent....and you have looked at a sonogram and witnessed the movement, heard the heartbeat, seen the fingers and toes, and looked at the profile of the face and nose of a 12 week old fetus, and you still elect to have an abortion after seeing all that, then you're not a human. You're a cold-blooded, irresponsible, selfish, mongrel.

And to have more than one abortion, as 49% of abortion seekers do, you don't deserve to walk this planet any longer because nothing about you has feeling and compassion for the little person(s) that you have created through your irresponsible actions.

It's not about when life begins, it's about when love begins. I could care less if they have to drive 3,000 miles to get an abortion. If that's the decision they choose, then they should have to shell out the effort to do it.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:21 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Does Texas plan on opening State Run Orphanges for all these unwanted children like the US had in the past? As an old woman, I remember those, and the abuse in them. Or will their parents (shotgun weddings?) be forced to raise them whether they can or not?

Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pretty much.......don't be a victim. Why is that so hard to figure out? I though you women were equal to men anyway why can't you fight em off? Oh wait is that something the feminist movement forgot to let you know about? It appears so. Carry some mace........carry something.
So it's the victims fault for getting raped? That's what you are saying.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Pretty much.......don't be a victim. Why is that so hard to figure out? I though you women were equal to men anyway why can't you fight em off? Oh wait is that something the feminist movement forgot to let you know about? It appears so. Carry some mace........carry something.
This, boys and girls, is called "Blame The Victim".

Next up, during your exciting journey back to 1952..... Women who wear short skirts are asking to be raped.

Please keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times for observation of the knuckle-dragging, chest thumping display of Unhappy Male Conservative. Please use your headphones if you want to hear commentary. Push 1 for Rush Limbaugh. Barf bags can be found under your seat. We'll be moving into the 1964 segregation display next. Please push 2 for a tape of Lester Maddox saying blacks can't eat in his restaurant. Souvenir ax handles will be available for purchase in the gift shop at the end of your tour. We also have a lunch counter but seating is Whites Only.

Hit the "Eject" button on the panel if front of you if you'd like to be returned to 2014.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-07-2014 at 01:36 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is, and it's part of the treatment for rape.
Did you know that Plan B has been found to lose its effectiveness in women over 165lbs and has been shown to be pretty much completely ineffective in women over 175lbs? And no, increasing the dosage does not increase effectiveness.

Quote:
... Wow.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:32 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
2 more Texas clinics close under new abortion law | Top Stories | News from Fort Worth, ...

Among the two is the only abortion clinic in the Rio Grande Valley, an area with over a million people.
Tragedy. Abortion is a LEGAL procedure in the USA, I can only hope these draconian laws will one day be repealed.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Do they even make metal hangers anymore? Liberals will find a way......
Absolutely disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Many lives will be saved.
Lives? To wallow in foster care or be raised by people who don't want them?

Quote:
Speechless. I hope you show your posts to the women in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies