Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 AM

872 posts, read 828,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Does a gay marriage somehow affect your marriage just because they called their marriage a marriage?

I have strong religious beliefs about marriage. I have a right to that. .

Just like you have your right to have a same sex relationship.

When does your right become more important than mine?????

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Anyone who practices homosexuality or acts gay is the gay lifestyle. It's pretty self explanatory.

What if one has ceased practicing homosexuality because they have perfected their craft?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:54 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
From personal experiences...I will never understand the need for a gay guy to loudly announce to an entire room of strangers in a waiting room of any kind "we're gay"; alluding to he and his partner. The entire room was surely on the edge of their seats waiting for that tidbit. Wear it on your sleeve gays are over the top.
It's because being gay was something that people had to hide for so long that being able to finally confess it is a milestone.

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Anyone who practices homosexuality or acts gay is the gay lifestyle. It's pretty self explanatory.
Does that mean that I practice the heterosexual lifestyle? Tell me what that is. It sounds exciting.

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post

LOL... that's fine. As long a

Muslims have strong religious belief against alcohol. Jews, against pork.

I suppose you think they should be able to tell YOU what you can or can't do?

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Let me get this straight. A piece of paper creates happiness.

I have no problem living together under contract, but that is not called marriage.
No, Bent. Read the Declaration of Independence. Happiness is a right, not a guarantee, that anyone will be happy. The Declaration says happiness is a God given right to everyone. The Declaration was written to declare tyranny, whether coming from government or religion, shall not stand in America.

Faith declares we are all equal in the eyes of God. Our Declaration declares we are all equal in the eyes of our law.
Got it straight now? I can repeat if this is too complicated to wrap your head around the first time. I don't want confusion to make you unhappy, and, after all, if the Declaration of Independence was never written, there would be no Constitution that followed. The Declaration of Independence was the father to the son, the document you claim to revere so much.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
So eating cereal for breakfast, going to work, and watching television in the evening is "the gay lifestyle"? Wow, who knew?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Oh boy, the slippery slope fallacy! btw, those things don't affect me.
It's not a slippery slope fallacy. It's an argument that just because something doesn't affect you personally doesn't mean it's not alright. If my neighbors house is getting robbed it doesn't affect me personally, but it's still wrong.

And being an internet grammar Nazi doesn't improve your arguments.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM

872 posts, read 828,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
LOL... that's fine. As long a

Muslims have strong religious belief against alcohol. Jews, against pork.

I suppose you think they should be able to tell YOU what you can or can't do?

Not the same thing.....

Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post

It's not that it's "more important." Anyone can believe anything they want. The problem is that you are not allowed to impose your beliefs on others for the purposes of lawmaking. Furthermore, due to this thing called the First Amendment that Christians conveniently forget about, we don't make laws based on your religious beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies