Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Back at ya.

They do. Not all of them. Not all at once. And they are not continually violated. But without government protecting people's rights, other people, cruel and callous people, will have a field day violating the rights of the most vulnerable in our society. Even if you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

I'm going to ignore your attempt to claim that the last six messages were a bit of semantic triviality.

No one has said anything about taking from others. We've been talking about civic responsibility we all have to society. Even if you cannot bring yourself to admit that either. Trying to draw a comparison between your shoplifting son and society doing what it is supposed to do to best satisfy its obligations to its members is the ultimate in self-deception.
According to you, the more government we have, the more rights we have to find a job..

Well then why do we have so many unemployed in this country, since government is bigger than ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It's not your back yard, it's mine. My corn, too. Without your government to address grievances ("hey kid, get off my lawn!"), what are you gonna do about it?
Thats moving the goalpost.. The discussion was government granting rights to plant food, not how to protect it once its grown.

Tell me, why dont we see massive military armys camped out in the farmlands of america? According to you, people will just take what doesnt belong to them..

Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
According to you, the more government we have, the more rights we have to find a job..
Stop lying about what I've said. It just proves that your arguments have no integrity.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Stop lying about what I've said. It just proves that your arguments have no integrity.
Thats exactly what you said.. You just dont like it when someone shows how asinine your position is..

Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
There are some on this thread who need to use a dictionary. Using big words does not work unless you use them correctly. When you use them incorrectly, you appear ignorant; and I am sure everyone on here is very smart. Also, no one will will this argument because we are all sure of our own beliefs.

Using $10 words to convey two dollar thoughts does not make their opinion worth twelve bucks.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats exactly what you said.
Repeating your lie doesn't make it any less of lie. Provide a link to the precise message where I said "the more government we have, the more rights we have to find a job" - "exactly".

And you presume to talk about "asinine". You're not even respecting the meanings of words, much less being accurate in your characterizations of what others have said.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Companies aren't charities. Nor are they entitled to provide you or anyone else a job for the sake of doing so. Businesses exist solely to make a profit, and that is it. If they find a need to hire someone as demand increases, they will do so.

You're absolutely correct, but rich conservatives take a completely different stance when approaching the government for help/money and the public for support. They say "We're the power brokers and the economy revolves around us."

I'm just saying, if you want to demand that liberals give their money away to help the poor as their rhetoric suggests, you should also be demanding that rich conservatives fulfill their own claims regarding their role in the economy.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
You're absolutely correct, but rich conservatives take a completely different stance when approaching the government for help/money and the public for support. They say "We're the power brokers and the economy revolves around us."

I'm just saying, if you want to demand that liberals give their money away to help the poor as their rhetoric suggests, you should also be demanding that rich conservatives fulfill their own claims regarding their role in the economy.
They are, they are the ones employing people.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
[quote=pghquest;34065442]Thats moving the goalpost.. The discussion was government granting rights to plant food, not how to protect it once its grown.

No, the discussion was that natural rights don't exist. You mentioned food. What makes you think it's your yard, or your corn? Do you have a piece of paper that says so? Why should that mean anything to me?

Quote:
Tell me, why dont we see massive military armys camped out in the farmlands of america? According to you, people will just take what doesnt belong to them..
No, because it's private property. As defined by your government. Without that, what makes it private? Your say-so?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Repeating your lie doesn't make it any less of lie. Provide a link to the precise message where I said "the more government we have, the more rights we have to find a job" - "exactly".

And you presume to talk about "asinine". You're not even respecting the meanings of words, much less being accurate in your characterizations of what others have said.
As soon as you tell me what rights I have granted to me by government..

Protecting my rights from others encroaching upon them, isnt the same as granting me rights..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies