Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, because it's private property. As defined by your government. Without that, what makes it private? Your say-so?
Roads arent private property, but according to you, my private property is only private because government says so..

Thats pretty weird because the deed to this property, has a survey which goes back over 100 years, and according to you, this cant be true because 100 years ago, our government wasnt anywhere near its current size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
What are these 'natural' rights and where are they codified.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:49 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Serious question. They claim to be the voice for the poor and oppressed, yet many of the biggest voices are swimming in money. Why? They cant spend all of that money. Why let it sit when you can cut a check an extra check to the government or give it to the poor?

Or is the point really that its other peoples money you want to demonize and be used?

IMO, its not about their bs "cause" at all. Its about money and power. They dont give a damn about the causes they preach of, they care about themselves. If they really, really believed a lot of the crap they say, they would feel guilty about having so much money and would give most of their wealth away and live more middle class like. But they wont, they're hypocritical deceivers.
Because they are LIBERALS. They only spend other people's money.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:55 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
You're absolutely correct, but rich conservatives take a completely different stance when approaching the government for help/money and the public for support. They say "We're the power brokers and the economy revolves around us."

I'm just saying, if you want to demand that liberals give their money away to help the poor as their rhetoric suggests, you should also be demanding that rich conservatives fulfill their own claims regarding their role in the economy.
I don't think anyone in this thread has "demanded" that rich Liberals donate more money to the poor, but rather simply pointing out the hypocrisy that they do not.

That's the thing about charity, it is not right to demand it of anyone.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:55 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Roads arent private property, but according to you, my private property is only private because government says so..
Yep. Maybe you think that piece of paper that says it's yours means something. Not sure what you think obliges me to do so.

Other than the social construct in which we both live, that is.

Quote:
Thats pretty weird because the deed to this property, has a survey which goes back over 100 years, and according to you, this cant be true because 100 years ago, our government wasnt anywhere near its current size.
No, that's according to you. You can tell because you said it.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:06 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I don't think anyone in this thread has "demanded" that rich Liberals donate more money to the poor, but rather simply pointing out the hypocrisy that they do not.

That's the thing about charity, it is not right to demand it of anyone.
Well I suppose they're regular people who want to make things good but also bask in the fruits of their labors. Typical Americans, you could call them.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
i challenge any wealthy liberal here on cd to give money to me

i am a poor minority and would be happy to ease your mind

i do have a valid driver license though, so perhaps i am not poor enough

pm me for paypal address if you want to spread the wealth

thanks

Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
No, that's according to you. You can tell because you said it.
So you dont think people owned property 100 years ago either..

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-29-2014 at 04:28 AM..

Old 03-27-2014, 10:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Why don't rich conservatives create all the jobs they say they can, hire everyone in the country and end unemployment?
How can we with all the mindless regulations, a mind field for a tax code, and the highest corporate tax rate in the world?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:55 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
What are these 'natural' rights and where are they codified.
natural rights, political fact that maintains that an individual enters into society with certain basic rights and that no government can deny.

Watch

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies