Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
"Five days or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last longer." - Donald Rumsfeld, Worst Secretary of Defense EVER, on the expected length of the Iraq War.
Yes I recall his plan for "surgical missile strikes" to eliminate losses on the ground, and the subsequent celebration on the streets when the Iraqi's were liberated. If I were him I would disappear to a cabin in the woods instead of going on a book tour.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
A fine Secretary of Defense. Maybe our best.
That is too funny, there is no way Rumsfeld could be ever considered a fine Secretary of Defense unless you measure fine in the amount of Americans they kill.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default Rummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Rumsfeld isn't the sharpest tool, he did manage to get plenty of Americans killed and should be sitting in prison for war crimes.
Don Rumsfeld was the first Sec. of State during the Post 911 period. We as a country was line full battle conflict. Our leadership had to change tactics, because we were not in Europe like we were since 1945. The United States arm forces historically has not done well in the first 6 months of any conflict. Learning curve if you will.

War criminal, I doubt it.

Rumsfeld on the other hand has served other Presidents and was actually a Navel Aviator. Obama on the other hand is still learning foreign Policy and has failed to add fuel to our economic engine.

Hillary Clinton had it right during her run for office. " The Office of President is not on the job training!"

The comment is a little over the top, but you got understand Rumsfeld. . He is a A personality and little time to train Presidents who is suppose to hit the ground running!

Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Don Rumsfeld was the first Sec. of State during the Post 911 period. We as a country was line full battle conflict. Our leadership had to change tactics, because we were not in Europe like we were since 1945. The United States arm forces historically has not done well in the first 6 months of any conflict. Learning curve if you will.

War criminal, I doubt it.

Rumsfeld on the other hand has served other Presidents and was actually a Navel Aviator. Obama on the other hand is still learning foreign Policy and has failed to add fuel to our economic engine.

Hillary Clinton had it right during her run for office. " The Office of President is not on the job training!"

The comment is a little over the top, but you got understand Rumsfeld. . He is a A personality and little time to train Presidents who is suppose to hit the ground running!
So you are discounting the Americans Rumsfeld killed due to a learning curve? Rumsfeld is a war criminal.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
I don't recall the prior secretary of defense offering criticism of Rumsfeld or Bush in 2000-2008, realy makes him look like a little man. I guess that's why he's reduced to appearances on Sean Hannity.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Does ANYONE listen to Rumsfield anymore? Didn't we take his advice a few years ago? Look where it got us.

He needs to shut his mouth and fade into oblivion.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
I think the sooner Americans see how both sides sling words the better off we will be. Both sides know just how to make Americans whine about silly words and not about the "real things" they are doing.

Syria, Egypt, Crimea......the list goes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Obviously you think Obama is a war criminal is as well. I disagree, but I do think Rumsfeld is a war criminal, and this thread is about Rumsfeld, not Obama. You are welcome to create a thread about Obama being a war criminal if you want.
You do know many Democrats who claim to not have been for the war, really voted for it? Not sure how one man can be to blame when Congress agreed to take us to war! Only narrowed minded people would believe one party started this whole thing. The problem is the left got cold feet and didn't finish what they agreed to start. If President Bush would just speak about those first few days when Pelsoi was riding his back, we would know much!

Now the left is making even more of a mess by allowing the President to present himself as PeaceMaker with a side of weakness.

Last edited by wildflower82; 03-26-2014 at 08:22 AM..

Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think the sooner Americans see how both sides sling words the better off we will be. Both sides know just how to make Americans whine about silly words and not about the "real things" they are doing.

Syria, Egypt, Crimea......the list goes on!

You do know many Democrats who claim to not have been for the war, really voted for it? Not sure how one man can be to blame when Congress agreed to take us to war! Only narrowed minded people would believe one party started this whole thing. The problem is the left got cold feet and didn't finish what they agreed to start. If President Bush would just speak about those first few days when Pelsoi was riding his back, we would know much!

Now the left is making even more of a mess by allowing the President to present himself as PeaceMaker with a side of weakness.
We failed in Iraq because the war was unjust, poorly planned, and poorly executed.

And Rummy is the man responsible for the lions share of that disaster.

Cold feet has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies