Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:37 PM

106 posts, read 132,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
It's just there's a whole section for your chest thumping... Please stop and think about what I said earlier. You're making us conservative look bad...
You are a dumb guy, whatever your politics. You just spew these platitudes that you can't back up with any basic logic. Fox News is ruining the country by allowing people to give opinions. That was your dumb point. I don't even agree the country is ruined much less that a news channel could ruin it. Did you even go to college, bro? That seems like something a hick would say. I do beliecve you are a hick reviewing your other posts on here.

Stop telling me what to do.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:16 PM

After much deliberation, I have decided to opt out of The "Affordable Care Act", pay the 95 dollar fine, and self insure.

I was hoping there were a few plans that flew under Obama's watchful eye, meaning they were affordable with reasonable deductibles and coverage. But he was competent in making sure they were all rip off plans. He can't design a functional website in 3 years time, but he can ensure American citizens will be price gouged for health insurance.

LOL

Old 03-30-2014, 06:30 PM

422 posts, read 487,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Not to get into politics, but I wanted O in office after Bush. But I did vote for Romney because I was seeing this country go down the drain and the continuous lies O was telling everyone.

I think everyone thought the AHA would be a wonderful thing but people will slowly find out it's a horrible, horrible act.

Do you not realize that AHA is pretty much modeled after the Massachusetts health care reform that was enacted in 2006 under then Governor Mitt Romney?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Do you not realize that AHA is pretty much modeled after the Massachusetts health care reform that was enacted in 2006 under then Governor Mitt Romney?

why did you leftwingers hates Romney so much? lol

Yo ucan't defend the plan so you want to bring up Romney who isn't president.

Romeny was govenor of a very leftwing state and he did pander to them and gave them what they wanted. RomneyCare has the same kind of problems as Obamacare.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetrav View Post
PA, that is where I am at. I'm with a big company in Greenville and the plan that covers brand prescription drugs is over 800 a month.

800 per month? Really? I have a good friend who has serious chronic illness and without insurance his prescription costs are something like 60,000 a year. Under AHA he's now paying 210 dollars for full coverage including those expensive brand prescriptions.

Also nearly 26 million Americans are eligible for a health insurance subsidy, but few know enough about the provisions of the health care act to apply. Basically anyone who is not a member of a government health insurance program (Medicare or Medicaid) and does not have access to an affordable plan at their workplace can apply to the government to help pay their premiums. These subsidies will be paid directly to the insurance companies, so there are no out-of-pocket expense requirements.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
why did you leftwingers hates Romney so much? lol

Yo ucan't defend the plan so you want to bring up Romney who isn't president.

Romeny was govenor of a very leftwing state and he did pander to them and gave them what they wanted. RomneyCare has the same kind of problems as Obamacare.

Please learn how to read and write. I wasn't hating Romney, just pointing out the hypocrisy of what that poster wrote.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,134 times
A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with Huntington's disease a few years ago. Anyone who knows it, its a horrible, cruel disease that hits in the late 20's, early 30's, and gradually eats the brain away for 20-25 years, with the last 10 basically being incapacitated and in a nursing home.

But, with proper care, they can delay it and live a good 10-15 years of life before that. However, almost no one will insure them, because it was a pre-existing condition, and they cant get disability, because they can still live and work a normal life for that 10 years until they can no longer function.

So many just suffer through it, with no care.

Now, under ACA, she and all others with HD can get insurance, and get care, and God willing extend that 10-15 year window by 5 years or so. And 5 years of driving, working, living, walking is a God send when they know what horrible path awaits them in the final 10.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
800 per month? Really? I have a good friend who has serious chronic illness and without insurance his prescription costs are something like 60,000 a year. Under AHA he's now paying 210 dollars for full coverage including those expensive brand prescriptions.

Also nearly 26 million Americans are eligible for a health insurance subsidy, but few know enough about the provisions of the health care act to apply. Basically anyone who is not a member of a government health insurance program (Medicare or Medicaid) and does not have access to an affordable plan at their workplace can apply to the government to help pay their premiums. These subsidies will be paid directly to the insurance companies, so there are no out-of-pocket expense requirements.
that is bullchit. lol I work for one of the major employers in town and the plan with prescription drugs is 850.

you are a hack, bro. There is no point in talking to some black people about Obama, just a racial soldiarity thing.

All Obamacare did is redistribute wealth. It does nothing to push healthcare costs down for everybody. It punishes the majority to help a few. That makes it horrible no good policy but the leftwing hacks on here don't care about good policy. It is this dumb allegiance to a dumb man in Obama.

You can just go to the Obama healthcare exchange website and see the very high deductibble plans, like 6000 dedutible, start around 220 or so. Most people will end up paying in the 300's min for a 5000 deductible plan. You are oinly going to get generic drugs with those. So obviously you lie and you lie all the time.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with Huntington's disease a few years ago. Anyone who knows it, its a horrible, cruel disease that hits in the late 20's, early 30's, and gradually eats the brain away for 20-25 years, with the last 10 basically being incapacitated and in a nursing home.

But, with proper care, they can delay it and live a good 10-15 years of life before that. However, almost no one will insure them, because it was a pre-existing condition, and they cant get disability, because they can still live and work a normal life for that 10 years until they can no longer function.

So many just suffer through it, with no care.

Now, under ACA, she and all others with HD can get insurance, and get care, and God willing extend that 10-15 year window by 5 years or so. And 5 years of driving, working, living, walking is a God send when they know what horrible path awaits them in the final 10.
you are such a *****in sob story propaganda machine. Are you ever honest about anything? This story reeks of bullchit. You cut and paste this nonsense off the Democrat talking points memo for the week.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
that is bullchit. lol I work for one of the major employers in town and the plan with prescription drugs is 850.

you are a hack, bro. There is no point in talking to some black people about Obama, just a racial soldiarity thing.

All Obamacare did is redistribute wealth. It does nothing to push healthcare costs down for everybody. It punishes the majority to help a few. That makes it horrible no good policy but the leftwing hacks on here don't care about good policy. It is this dumb allegiance to a dumb man in Obama.

1. I don't buy there was a plan for 850. 2. I seriously doubt you work anywhere much less for a major employer. 3. Way to play the race card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies