Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the punishment be, if any?
Good job, doc! (Pat on back) 73 77.66%
Shame on you, doc! (Scolding but no outright punishment) 6 6.38%
Lose your license. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 11 11.70%
Lose your license, except for practicing in servce of gov't (e.g. VA hospitals) 4 4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Most minorites that I see ONLY use cash. They work under the table and don't use bank accounts to hide their assets from the IRS.
I am simply saying that minorities are poor and lack sufficient funds to see doctors not in the exchange or Medicaid. Private practices could be guilty of discrimination against blacks and browns by not accepting exchange based insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I just became eligible for Medicare and was very happy about it. Why? The ONLY reason being that I was insured and Medicare would meet ACA. I would not have to pay the FINE. That is what I would have done.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have been to see a doctor in 30 years and that includes the years when I was insured with private insurance. MY last doctor was my OB/GYN who delivered my daugther in 1984. Couldn't keep him under any insurance, because he is probably dead by now.

You can keep all your FREE Medicare testings. You doctors will not be getting my business, Medicare or no Medicare. 100% reimbursement of NOTHING is still going to be NOTHING.

Reading this thread only confirms what I have always believed. Have a nice day, doctors. Go take your money, and retire to a deserted island somewhere far, far away from me.
Bless your heart.

I recommend you continue avoiding doctors like the plague. I heard it's good for your health and actually prolongs your lifespan.

Last edited by summers73; 04-02-2014 at 05:16 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's time to start turning people in for doing this.
How are you going to achieve this? Millions work under the table. Can't put them all in jail.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We can't be "punished" as we, as physicians, have the right to choose to see whoever we want (except in cases of emergencies on call). Slavery is illegal in America........................ for now. This issue has already been evaluated through the Supreme Court.

If we accepted the lower reimbursing plans, we would go broke. This, due to our overhead expenses, is the reality of medicine.

Due to cuts in medicare triggered by Obamacare, we have cut our medicare population from 40% to 5%. The reimbursement for many things we do was cut 50%; prior to the cuts, we were breaking even on medicare.

MANY of the exchange plans have very low reimbursement (thus lower prices) for physicians. For these plans, about the only place a patient could go would be state or county supported entities such as university hospitals or county hospitals. Oddly, many of the products are listing members of our clinic as providers, when in fact we are not, much to the dismay of patients who purchased these plans.
For now.

MD's WILL be mandated to see EVERY patient who walks through their doors, regardless of their ability to pay, regardless of the compensation for the service.

Mark my words.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,553,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
For now.

MD's WILL be mandated to see EVERY patient who walks through their doors, regardless of their ability to pay, regardless of the compensation for the service.

Mark my words.
Then they'll go out of business.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Then they'll go out of business.
Actually, the retards in this thread believe that doctors aren't capable of sidelining into any other industry or even to terminate their practicing of medicine. According to them, they'll just trudge along because, hey, where else are they gonna go?

What will happen, most likely, is that megacorporations will end up hiring them and we'll all end up taking a ticket for service. Everyone, that is, except for the upper middle income folks who can pay to sidestep the queue.

It'll be just like the two caste system most Nordic countries have, except we'll just have a corporate fascist lower tier and a truly free market upper tier.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
For now.

Mark my words.
Good Greif......who would want their life to be in the hands of someone who does NOT want to treat them?????

Old 04-02-2014, 06:40 AM

145 posts, read 227,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Bless your heart.

I recommend you continue avoiding doctors like the plague. I heard it's good for your health and actually prolongs your lifespan.

Actually, she has been to the doctor, but for things that couldn't be avoided and needed to be checked out-- like for food poisoning, and I think when she had a really high fever. They did a thorough exam each time, and everything checked out fine. She's been smoking for nearly 40 years and has WAY better health than my dad, who doesn't smoke but is overweight and a couch potato. He's needed 3 stents in his heart, and has 2 hip replacements. My mom can physically do what any 30 year old can do.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:40 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
For now.

Mark my words.
It's impossible. Why?

1. OVERHEAD: As a result of "seeing every patient who walks through their doors" MANY practices (mine included) would go bankrupt within six months. It is a simple fact of overhead expenses. We lose money on many patients we see already, but can sustain that due to a greater volume of patients with good insurance.

2. NO TEETH: The only power the feds have over us is medicare provider access. In our state, most physicians would be far better off financially by refusing medicare. Maybe that is not true in other states, but certainly here. If the feds told me I could not see medicare patients if I did not take ALL patients, that would make me very happy. Since cutting my medicare load from 40% down to 5%, the revenues of our clinic have risen 20% for the year.

3. COMPULSORY LABOR IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE. We have the 13th Amendment. This issue regarding seeing Medicaid patients has already been heard in the Supreme Court. Now suppose that liberal could get their wish and physicians were "forced" (by what means, I don't know) to see everyone, despite going broke and closing thier doors- what other occupations would be "forced" to work for the pleasure of the feds? Teachers? Firemen? Cops? Lawyers (probably not them, as they control the dems)?

4. HEALTHCARE CRISIS: If physicians were "forced" to accept all patients, 35% of all physicians would quit. This would precipitate a crisis currently. Further, with the prospect of very low reimbursement and looking at a life of compulsory labor, who in their right mind would sacrifice 13 years of their life in education and training to go into medicine?

5. USE OF FORCE: Who, or what entity, is going to come to my home (which is heavily armed), handcuff me, and take me into my "closed" office to see patients? If they did so, who is going to pay the nurses, receptionists, heat, supplies, and lease for the office? Are they all going to be forced to work for nothing as well? What about the manufacturers of the equipment we use? Are they going to be forced to supply all of the equipment for free? Can we ever retire, or would we be "forced" to work until we died? Any vacation time, or will we be "forced" to work seven days a week? Who would provide housing and food for us?

What kind of care do you suppose you would get from a physician chained to an exam room by government goons?

If we, as physicians, accepted all very low paying insurance plans, we would not be able to afford our overhead expenses and would have to close our doors.

Now how would closing down most of the practices in the US help healthcare?

It is a simple issue. How many car dealerships in the US would remain open if the feds suddenly forced them to sell all of their cars for half price?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, the retards in this thread believe that doctors aren't capable of sidelining into any other industry or even to terminate their practicing of medicine. According to them, they'll just trudge along because, hey, where else are they gonna go?

What will happen, most likely, is that megacorporations will end up hiring them and we'll all end up taking a ticket for service. Everyone, that is, except for the upper middle income folks who can pay to sidestep the queue.

It'll be just like the two caste system most Nordic countries have, except we'll just have a corporate fascist lower tier and a truly free market upper tier.
And if that happens, you can thank Obamacare for it. Careful what you wish for, or in this case, careful what you want to force on other people for your benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies