Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,365,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The big difference-

1. Reagan promoted the private sector- Obama abhors the private sector

2. Reagan cut taxes- Obama increased them

3. Reagan promoted American exceptionalism- Obama apologizes for America's "offenses"

4. Reagan grew up working for a living- Obama grew up surrounded by communists

5. Reagan supported limitations on government- Obama supports more government

6. Reagan supported fewer regulations- Obama supports more regulations

7. Reagan had a strong foreign policy- Obama has a weak foreign policy

8. Reagan was a Christian- Obama is a Muslim

9. Reagan opposed appeasement- Obama embraces appeasement

10. Reagan had strong, intelligent advisors- Obama has few strong advisors

11. Reagan respected the US military- Obama does not

12. Reagan grew up in the US midwest- God knows where Obama grew up\

13. Reagan opposed the trial lawyer's association- Obama supports them

14. Reagan defeated the Russians- Obama has been defeated by the Russians

15. America was feared in the world under Reagan- America is a laughing stock with Obama

16. Personal incomes rose under Reagan- incomes declined under Obama

17. Reagan reduced the number of people in poverty- Obama increased them

For liberals- do you think that the nation was better off during the Reagan years, or the Obama years?
Depends on who you are. From my point of view I seen the spread of AIDES from Reagen's inactivity and the spread of cheap cocaine which was turned into crack during his watch. This also lead into the highest gang growth ever in this country which also was the begining and peak of the murder rate in this country (ask anyone from Miami)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Obama quote shortly after election: "We won, you lost. Get over it."

Way to reach across the aisle, Mr. President.
That does sound more like his predessor who stole it before him. I guess I would have said the same thing if nutcases kept coming out and (still are) claim that I was from Kenya

Old 04-05-2014, 08:58 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,669,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you serious? What did Obama spend money on? Stimulus. Obamacare. Etc...
The Obama stimulus cost $831 billion.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And about Obamacare,

The Congressional Budget Office estimated that Obamacare would reduce deficits by more than $100 billion in the first decade, and by considerably more in the second decade -- by half a percent of economic growth. (A half percent of GDP over a decade could mean reducing deficits by more than $1 trillion.)

Obamacare and deficits: Reality check - Oct. 28, 2013

This is about government spending, deficits, and debt. Lets just say Obamacare will reduce our deficits by $500 billion dollars.

That means with all the Obama spending you listed, the $831 billion for the stimulus, and the $500 billion in reduced deficits from Obamacare, (Obama spent $331 billion dollars.)

Google image search "presidential spending chart", Obama's spending is so low its crazy.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama didnt need to get cooperation from both parties, he had everything he wanted for years..

Really?, can you prove that?

Are you telling me Reagan was more skilled and better equipped for the job than Obama was? I agree..
Actually what I said was that he got more coperation from across the aisle, possibly because he looked like them.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
There was a grand plan by the Republicans to make sure that Obama was a one-term president and they were the architects of a scheme to drag the whole country down
But the average pinhead refuses to acknowledge that, I wonder why?
Hell, many of them admitted to taking part in shutting down the government

Old 04-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There were only 3 presidents whose vetoes were overridden more than Reagan's and that was:

Andrew Johnson - 15
Truman - 12
Ford - 12

Reagan's vetoes were overridden 9 times tied only by FDR.

Yet Reagan still worked with O'Neill to pass what he wanted by giving concessions to congressional democrats.

Compare that with Obama who knew he couldn't run on his record since it didn't exist and couldn't run on his true intentions since they weren't popular. Instead, Obama ran against congressional republicans even when he had nearly all of congress and the presidency.

Obama sucks plain and simple and he isn't at all what was sold to the country when he was catapulted to the presidency via his skin color and "coolness" factor.
This is the matter of it all is'nt it?

Like I said before, Congressional leaders PLANNED to fight him on anything that he did in order to make him a one term president. The people seen through this madness along with the weak opposition that they had run against him guaranteed that he served another term.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 PM

26,716 posts, read 15,269,300 times
Let us not forget, as Clinton points out, that if interest rates were at recent historic norms, then our national deficit would be back to $1 Trillion a year. The mantra that the deficit has been cut in half ignores that a Trickle Down policy of the most aggressive QE in our nation's history has significantly cut lowered interest rates.

Yeah, our national deficit is falling primarily due to QE money creation benefiting the rich!!!

Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,575,729 times
Oblahblah had majorities in the House and Senate for 2 years and he's been doing whatever he wants via executive orders since then.

This economy is totally his responsibility.

It will stay bad as long as a Democrat is in the Presidency.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:07 PM

26,716 posts, read 15,269,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
There was a grand plan by the Republicans to make sure that Obama was a one-term president and they were the architects of a scheme to drag the whole country down
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But the average pinhead refuses to acknowledge that, I wonder why?
Hell, many of them admitted to taking part in shutting down the government
I am sure Democrats had no plans to make George W. Bush a one term president. They also didn't oppose him. They also didn't tell him that they expected more say due to the close 2000 election. Obama is the first president to have the opposing party work against his plans that goes against the opposing party's ideology. Obama is special and must be treated with kid gloves.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,669,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Spending on the Iraq was $806 billion, not 1.7 trillion, according to the CRSC. It was about 3 percent of federal spending while it lasted.

The marketwatch numbers quoted by your Forbes link have been utterly debunked.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...spokeskid.html

LOL that people are still trying to push this con. As for (3) Afghanistan, it was strongly supported by Pres. Obama and most democrats. So that point is a clear fail.
My source disagrees with you, but I will concede you are correct. I edited my previous post bellow, and made Iraq war spending $806 billion dollars.

GW Bush spending,

1.) $2.5 trillion dollars on trickle down tax cuts. (These tax cuts decreased our governments revenues by $2.5 trillion dollars, and that money went to our deficits and national debt.)

http://www.ctj.org/pdf/gwbdata.pdf

(The following source shows they were trickle down tax cuts.)
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

2.) $806 billion dollars on the unneeded Iraq war.
(source: wutitiz;34236814)

3.) $641 billion dollars on the war in Afghanistan.
https://csis.org/publication/us-cost...-fy2002-fy2013

4.) $100's of billions of dollars (annually) on new federal subsidy programs to special interest groups such as state governments, businesses, nonprofit groups, and individuals.
Spending Under President George W. Bush | Mercatus

GW Bush spent $4.9 trillion dollars +.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies