Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:41 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times

Advertisements

So that explains why so many people send money to the gun/criminal lobby. They`re afraid of a sentence spoken by a little old lady 20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 11:47 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What gun grabbing liberals are you foaming at the mouth about? I'm a liberal and I have an arsenal of assault weapons (Yes, Real assault weapons) and sporting rifles that look like assault weapons that would make you drool. I've collected for over 35 years. I have yet to ever meet one liberal who wants to take all your's or anybody's guns all away. At the most, I've met many liberals who want "reasonable restrictions" on firearms as affirmed by the Supreme Court Decision of Heller vs DC.
What constitutes reasonable restrictions is currently being hammered out in various state level judicial venues. All unreasonable restrictions are being challenged by the lawyers of the NRA which is the largest, richest lobbying group in the nation with unlimited funds to fight any and all gun regulation. That includes federal and state regulation.

Can you give me an example of a liberal stating that "only cops should be allowed to have guns in this country"?
Can you give me an example of any federal gun law that has been passed by the Obama Administration that is anti-2nd? I'll answer for you................NONE!.........ZIP!...........NA DA!...........ZERO!.
If you bring up state's gun regs then that's another story. Some states have more restrictions and other states have much looser restrictions but every state in the union has some forms of reasonable restrictions and more than half of them are republican controlled states.
I thought you RW conservatives were all about "State's Rights" and letting state's determine their own policies?
As far as reasonable restrictions are concerned, Reasonable restrictions were implemented before the ink was dry on the 2nd amendment. Property rights and business rights trump gun rights ever since the 2nd was written. That's your first and biggest "reasonable restriction" on gun rights.
A property owner can demand that you disarm yourself before stepping foot on his property. A business owner can post a "no guns allowed" sign at his establishment. This has been the case since the 2nd was written.

You must have missed your morning movement today. You're grumpy and confrontational and You're ranting about a non existent issue that you personally made up.
Excellent post mohawk. I agree with you............but there are those who want to take it to far. There is a stereotype of liberals/republicans that exists. Libs are all anti gun god hating gay loving loons and republicans are church worshiping gun lovers. It just isn't reality. Hell most of the folks I go to church with are democrats/liberals and we go hunt together. LOL. I say just leave us the hell alone. I have read many of your posts and I would bunker down with you anytime. We could argue politics and have a few beers to boot. LOL

Old 04-06-2014, 12:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So that explains why so many people send money to the gun/criminal lobby. They`re afraid of a sentence spoken by a little old lady 20 years ago.
Liberals are such disingenious hypocrites. Feinstein is just a little old lady now is she? She isn't a ranking Senator who repeatedly tries to pass gun bans and isn't still to this day pushing for them? You're either ignorant or a liar if you say otherwise.

Schumer is just a little old man too right?

Every liberal may not be for banning guns but I've never seen anyone who wanted gun bans who wasn't a liberal.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:52 PM

924 posts, read 667,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And she wants to deny everyone else. Typical liberal hypocrite.

Dianne Feinstein Talks Guns, Opens Up About Her Own Firearm Ownership
Kinda like Congress getting free healthcare and voting to deny cheap healthcare to poor people 40 something times.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Kinda like Congress getting free healthcare and voting to deny cheap healthcare to poor people 40 something times.
It's up to 50 times now.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Excellent post mohawk. I agree with you............but there are those who want to take it to far. There is a stereotype of liberals/republicans that exists. Libs are all anti gun god hating gay loving loons and republicans are church worshiping gun lovers. It just isn't reality. Hell most of the folks I go to church with are democrats/liberals and we go hunt together. LOL. I say just leave us the hell alone. I have read many of your posts and I would bunker down with you anytime. We could argue politics and have a few beers to boot. LOL
FYI: Chief, I consider any liberal who wants to take away our firearms or create universal registration to be an enemy of the state and an enemy of the constitution, and I'm what would be considered on this forum a liberal. In actuality, I'm slightly right of center but too far left to qualify as a conservative in P&OC. I'll fight any legislation that tries to register all firearms as I do believe it is the first step in confiscation. I also believe that a law abiding, mentally sound individual has the inherent right of self defense for themselves and their families and no government can take that right away.
So when you strip away the political rhetoric and stereotypes, one will find that conservative gun owners and liberal gun owners have a lot in common and actually see eye to eye on most gun issues.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Not just gun owners Mo. We all have plenty in common. The media and our government try and divide us and put us all in a certain stereotype or class and tell them the other guys are wrong. Why I don't know I guess to attain power? Hell most on my block are rabid dems.........I live in a rabid dem district.........but none of that matters when we kick back and crank up a fire and sit back on our lawn chairs and have a few beers. That is the difference. These clowns running our government want us all to hate the "other" side. No matter what side your on. It is sad to watch folks buy into it too. Hell I get pissed off about things but when you got the fire and some friends and a beer all is well.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Whatever can be said, pro or con, about Obama or Feinstein's views on assault weapons, they cannot be summarized as "only cops should have guns." And I don't know where you live, but I don't see cops in my area patrolling with AK-47s.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Liberals are such disingenious hypocrites. Feinstein is just a little old lady now is she? She isn't a ranking Senator who repeatedly tries to pass gun bans and isn't still to this day pushing for them? You're either ignorant or a liar if you say otherwise.

Schumer is just a little old man too right?

Every liberal may not be for banning guns but I've never seen anyone who wanted gun bans who wasn't a liberal.
Regarding the bolded part of your post, With all due respect sir, prepare to be enlightened.
Reputable links are cheerfully provided.

Ronald Reagan understood gun control - Hartford Courant

By the standards of certain modern-day conservatives, however, even Ronald Reagan was a traitor to the Second Amendment and the conservative cause. After all, he signed into law gun restrictions that still exist today
While still president in 1986, Reagan signed into law the Firearm Owners Protection Act, However, it also banned ownership of any fully automatic rifles that were not already registered on the day the law was signed.

Reagan penned an op-ed in The New York Times titled "Why I'm for the Brady Bill." In it, he expressed support for a seven-day waiting period before a purchaser could take possession of a handgun

Finally, in 1994, Reagan successfully threw his support behind the Assault Weapons Ban in a joint letter to the Boston Globe, saying, "As a longtime gun owner and supporter of the right to bear arms … I am convinced that the limitations imposed in this bill are absolutely necessary."

Presidents Bush and Clinton Also Used Executive Orders to Reform Gun Laws

Republicans are threatening to impeach Obama over executive action on gun control, but many presidents have issued executive orders on gun control, including George H. W. Bush
n 1989, then President George H.W. Bush issued an executive order halting the importation of some semi-automatic firearms after a mass school shooting Stockton, California. He based his executive order on the 1968 Gun Control Act and used it to ban the shipment of what could be considered “assault weapons” unless they were used for sporting purposes.

BUSH SIGNS MOST DRACONIAN GUN LAW IN US HISTORY! | KnowTheLies.com - The Truth is Hidden in Plain View...

BUSH SIGNS MOST DRACONIAN GUN LAW IN US HISTORY!
President Bush Signs H.R. 660 - H.R. 3690 - S. 863, and H.R. 2640!

H.R. 2640, the "NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007," which requires accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted by State and local government and Federal agencies to the Justice Department-administered National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS); and provides incentives for facilitating electronic transmission of such information to NICS.

And........as a cherry on top of this republican gun control sundae I might remind our dear conservative friends that George W. Bush stated...."If an extension of the assault weapons ban comes across my desk, I'll sign it".

I rest my case.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Regarding the bolded part of your post, With all due respect sir, prepare to be enlightened.
Reputable links are cheerfully provided.

Ronald Reagan understood gun control - Hartford Courant

By the standards of certain modern-day conservatives, however, even Ronald Reagan was a traitor to the Second Amendment and the conservative cause. After all, he signed into law gun restrictions that still exist today
While still president in 1986, Reagan signed into law the Firearm Owners Protection Act, However, it also banned ownership of any fully automatic rifles that were not already registered on the day the law was signed.

Reagan penned an op-ed in The New York Times titled "Why I'm for the Brady Bill." In it, he expressed support for a seven-day waiting period before a purchaser could take possession of a handgun

Finally, in 1994, Reagan successfully threw his support behind the Assault Weapons Ban in a joint letter to the Boston Globe, saying, "As a longtime gun owner and supporter of the right to bear arms … I am convinced that the limitations imposed in this bill are absolutely necessary."

Presidents Bush and Clinton Also Used Executive Orders to Reform Gun Laws

Republicans are threatening to impeach Obama over executive action on gun control, but many presidents have issued executive orders on gun control, including George H. W. Bush
n 1989, then President George H.W. Bush issued an executive order halting the importation of some semi-automatic firearms after a mass school shooting Stockton, California. He based his executive order on the 1968 Gun Control Act and used it to ban the shipment of what could be considered “assault weapons” unless they were used for sporting purposes.

BUSH SIGNS MOST DRACONIAN GUN LAW IN US HISTORY! | KnowTheLies.com - The Truth is Hidden in Plain View...

BUSH SIGNS MOST DRACONIAN GUN LAW IN US HISTORY!
President Bush Signs H.R. 660 - H.R. 3690 - S. 863, and H.R. 2640!

H.R. 2640, the "NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007," which requires accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted by State and local government and Federal agencies to the Justice Department-administered National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS); and provides incentives for facilitating electronic transmission of such information to NICS.

And........as a cherry on top of this republican gun control sundae I might remind our dear conservative friends that George W. Bush stated...."If an extension of the assault weapons ban comes across my desk, I'll sign it".

I rest my case.
They were Neo Cons, statist in the clothing of liberty...

Furthermore the Hughes Amendment failed a voice and recorded voted, but was illegal added to the finished bill...Which just proves even more so you people have to lie, cheat, and violate the Constitution to have your way to have a disarmed populace to rule over..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies