Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times

Advertisements

Gays LOVE boycotting things that they deem inappropriate, but God forbid anyone else does.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are donating to help children. You aren't donating to make SSM legal.

Did you know that the computer you are typing on is made by a company that hires gays?
Your internet provider also hires gays. I bet even the grocery store you shop at hires gays.

By using those services that employ gays are you showing approval of "sin", or are you paying for a service?
I have a President that supports the immorality of same sex marriage, but I have to defer to him as the Commander in Chief. I have no good choice. In most cases I have a choice and I will choose to oppose evil.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
How hateful can these anti-gay crusaders get? Their bigotry towards gay and lesbian people is more important to them than the lives of 1000s of needy children.
Meanwhile, you contributed how much to those needy children? So ...I assume your hatred for Christians is more important to you than the lives of 1000s of needy children?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, now you are a bigot unless you fork over some cash? It's like they expect people to pay for their approval.
You really don't get what these people did do you?

Okay, so you sponsor a child for years. You swap pictures and letters. You get to know the child that you are supporting. You build a relationship with them.

Then all because World Vision US decides to employ some gay and lesbian married Christians, you cancel that sponsorship and dump the child financially and emotionally. How damned callous and sick is that? How much did those children really mean to those 1000's of so-called Christians in the first place? Were they just something to brag about?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:

Okay, so you sponsor a child for years. You swap pictures and letters. You get to know the child that you are supporting. You build a relationship with them.

Then all because World Vision US decides to employ some gay and lesbian married Christians, you cancel that sponsorship and dump the child financially and emotionally. How damned callous and sick is that? How much did those children really mean to those 1000's of so-called Christians in the first place? Were they just something to brag about?
Start picking up the tab then. Go start sponsoring. But you won't. You don't want to help anyone but yourself and your stormtrooper gang.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Ah, so wait ...wouldn't the smartest thing be for World Vision US to fire the gays? Because what's more important? A few gay people or thousands of needy children? I think we can all agree on the answer.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is the difference in this, and A&E getting threats of monetary loss over Phil Robertson? So they booted Phil until it back fired.
What is the difference in this and calling for boycotting Chick-fil-a with threats of monetary loss, only to be shown where the support is.
What is the difference in this, and the Modzilla guy, with threats of monetary loss, so the shareholders boot the guy and now Modzilla is getting more blowback than it did from the gays calling for his head.

What is the difference?
Well I will tell you and as clear as day... All these pushes to go to war with anti-gay, has backfired. The bullies in the room will be confronted.
Unfreakenbelievable.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 AM

Where are all the gay organizations helping these needy children?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

So go on, Christian Warriors! Keep on fighting the battles and clinging to your spoon fed dogma that alienates you from everyone else. At the rate you're going the only place you're going to find new converts is amongst the third world where education, free thought and pluralism isn't a "thing" yet.
"In the end time some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." 1 Timothy 4:1

Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
I'm not a fan of this just like I'm not a fan of the Mozilla boycott. I doubt anyone would have known though if they had just hired them and gone about their business without the big announcement. I think that when you make the decision part of a campaign, you invite reaction. That is the difference I see in the two situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies