Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Wow, so just six years ago, the majority were against gay rights. Fascinating!
Against gay marriage. Any number of polls would show you the trajectory since 2004, through 2008, to today.

They may have not discussed this in 6th grade social studies in 2008, though, so maybe you missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
I'm so glad I quit Facebook.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The reason the term McCarthyism even exist is because it means the individual attacks people with no evidence. by your own link, there is evidence.
Alger Hiss was a Communist spy for the USSR, but this gay mafia crusade is about damning anyone who believes in traditional marriage, and utterly destroying their political and professional careers.

If the gay radicals have their way, unless you agree with them, straight up and down, then they will do all in their power to ruin your life. They won't even allow you to serve in political office or start a business, or open a coffee shop, or health food store.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:37 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,715 times
What is special about this particular incident was that it wasn't actually a boycott, as everyone keeps claiming. What happened was a guy at a small website, OK Cupid -- and it is small, despite the claims that it's a "major player" in online dating -- decided to make some publicity for his company with a threatened (not even actual) boycott. Mozilla immediately caved, but not due to any real or anticipated harm to itself. AFTER this all occurred, everyone found out about it. In other words, the "boycott" ended before anyone knew about it. Nobody here can honestly say they knew about this while it was happening.

So what happened is that Mozilla wanted an excuse to do something liberal, OK Cupid wanted publicity, and the two got together.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:02 AM

150 posts, read 183,267 times
Quote:
That's actually you just saying that, however. It certainly can be stated that pedophilia harms people, but that's in the context of a society that disapproves of it. Keep in mind that homosexuals use the same argument. When homosexuals commit suicide or have high rates of drug use, homosexual advocates say "the problem isn't homosexuality, but society disapproving of us that forces us into self-destructive behavior."

Me 1, you 0.
Ummm homosexuality doesn't cause high suicide rates nor drug use. Homosexuality just means someone who is attracted to the same sex. Pedophilia harms children in every society. The problem with pedophilia is just that children are getting hurt. In some places society is the sole purpose of high suicide rates in homosexuals. People in society telling us that we're demons or deserve to be stranded on an island just to die and all the other abuse we receive. Your response is very incorrect.

I'll explain it again

Pedophilia hurts children in every society.

Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone. It's not just me saying it.

If you don't think so explain it to me and everyone in this thread. I'm here to learn

PS you haven't won anything on this thread. It's not a game. No need to be rude and immature

Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post
Ummm homosexuality doesn't cause high suicide rates nor drug use.
That's basically just you saying so. In other words, if there are problems with homosexuality, then it's because of society. If there are problems with pedophiles or the kids they have sex with, then it's because of the pedophilia. Reason? Just because.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
That's basically just you saying so. In other words, if there are problems with homosexuality, then it's because of society. If there are problems with pedophiles or the kids they have sex with, then it's because of the pedophilia. Reason? Just because.
Because it mentally and sometimes physically harms children. Everybody can see it but you. So according to your logic, children are harmed by pedophiles because of society?

No not every problem with homosexuality is caused by society. But things like suicide are. Nobody decides to commit to suicide because homosexual urges told them to do so.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post
Because it mentally and sometimes physically harms children. Everybody can see it but you. So according to your logic, children are harmed by pedophiles because of society?

No not every problem with homosexuality is caused by society. But things like suicide are. Nobody decides to commit to suicide because homosexual urges told them to do so.
All you're doing here is repeating your argument.

Like I said, you're just arguing arbitrarily.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
All you're doing here is repeating your argument.

Like I said, you're just arguing arbitrarily.
Because it's not getting through you. It's not my fault you don't understand. I love how you avoided my question. I answered yours but I'm arguing arbitrarily?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:37 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I posted this in DC at the Ridge's thread, but decided it needed it's own thread, to show just how dangerous the gay mafia's, or any political group's purist,for that matter stance can be and is, in fact.
Purity is not a problem for a political faction or party; indeed, I argue that purity is beneficial in politics.
The problem here is applying political purity standards to companies, whose purpose generally (and this includes Mozilla) is to make money and/or to operate in a particular field unrelated to politics or government.

To illustrate the point, what if it was a new DNC chairman or the head of MoveOn who was put off the job because of opposition to gay marriage in 2008 instead of a Mozilla CEO? That wouldn't be nearly as disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies