Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 PM

379 posts, read 580,487 times

Advertisements

Thank you, HT. I tried to post a pic and it didn't go through, but this pic was posted 3 days ago

https://www.google.com/search?q=neva...2F%3B425%3B319

Amazing how people will deny simple facts. Wish I lived in TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Invent ?

The BLM actually did set up "First Amendment Areas" did they not ?
There's nothing "invented" or "made up" about that is there ?

Bundy vs. BLM: Interest in cattle dispute widens | Las Vegas Review-Journal
The Bureau of Land Management quietly dismantled its so-called “First Amendment areas” in northeastern Clark County on Thursday, as the fight over Cliven Bundy’s cattle widened into a national debate about states’ rights and federal land-use policy.
Before the federal roundup of Bundy’s livestock began, the BLM set up two orange plastic pens as rallying points for demonstrators wanting to protest the ongoing operation on federal land 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The move drew criticism from elected leaders and others. In a statement Tuesday, Gov. Brian Sandoval said the First Amendment areas were “offensive” and called on the agency to remove them.

During a conference call with reporters Thursday afternoon, Amy Lueders, state director for the BLM in Nevada, said the agency heard the governor’s concerns and “made some adjustments” to address them.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
No. The first amendment areas never got off the ground. Nevada Gov. Sandoval pretty much put a stop to that early on. Local news is covering the action where it occurs. See the local RJ which has had people with Bundy and friends all along.

There is no need to invent problems...there are a sufficient set without help.
Not that they didn't try.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:52 PM

379 posts, read 580,487 times
Seriously, how ignorant can people be? I really think this might be the tipping point. I can't recall when the feds backed off like this. I don't know if it is because they didn't want the publicity of confiscating cows or if it is because the people stood up. Either way, I couldn't be happier.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
Seriously, how ignorant can people be? I really think this might be the tipping point. I can't recall when the feds backed off like this. I don't know if it is because they didn't want the publicity of confiscating cows or if it is because the people stood up. Either way, I couldn't be happier.
Who wants to explain right before an election why people were killed because a senators son had a deal in place to sell public land to the Chinese?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
It takes how long to produce a sign like this? Just be honest. No need to fall on the grenade.

]
Picture is dead.

The areas were never used and were ignored by all. Metro made it clear it would not enforce and might take exception if BLM tried.

The feds have not quit. Just a tactical retreat. They will be back and will eventually prevail.

It is too bad. Essentially an idiotic environmentalist victory against all good sense. Though Bundy is about as poor quality a poster child as one could find...

Old 04-13-2014, 02:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who wants to explain right before an election why people were killed because a senators son had a deal in place to sell public land to the Chinese?
Unmitigated BS. You harm your cause with this absurdity. The dispute with the Chinese over solar is because they are refusing to build the array at Coyote Springs. Rory Reid is attempting to force them to do it. It looks like he has lost.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Picture is dead.

The areas were never used and were ignored by all. Metro made it clear it would not enforce and might take exception if BLM tried.

The feds have not quit. Just a tactical retreat. They will be back and will eventually prevail.

It is too bad. Essentially an idiotic environmentalist victory against all good sense. Though Bundy is about as poor quality a poster child as one could find...
The FACT is that they set them up.
The Governor got wind of them on Tuesday and made a public comment about them.
On Thursday the BLM came and took them down.

No matter how YOU try to spin this and dismiss it the FACT remains that the FedGov (BLM) attempted to corral people who disagreed with what they were doing.

Government will always encroach and it's up to the people to keep them in their place.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:16 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Picture is dead.

Bundy only owns 160 acres but grazes on 186,000 acres. It would cost a few dollars but a fence like the fence from California to Arizona on the Mexican border around his property would be interesting. Nobody has mentioned anything about an agreement between Bundy and the Feds. Their may in fact be an agreement where Bundy will be allowed to ranch as in the past until he is dead. At that point he may have agreed to sell his property to the government at fair market prices. California has allowed tax exemptions like this on desirable property for years.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:18 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Quote:
That last bit hasn't been confirmed. Sure Reid is a corrupt scumbag and it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true, but it's still only suspected as of now. Let's not jump the gun here.

Also keep in mind that Bundy has some faults here too. He has not paid thennecessary fees and has cost the Nevada Tax Payer a lot of money over the years. Still, the Federal Government is ultimately to blame for their brutality in their handling of this situation and it was great to see the American People stand their ground and drive the Government Troops away. Glad nobody was killed.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:21 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies