Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 01:21 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times

Advertisements

Aspiring TV producer, who had worked for 'Tosh.O,' accidentally killed by police
Aspiring TV producer, who had worked for 'Tosh.O,' accidentally killed by police | Fox News

So if police are to protect innocent civilians from criminals, who protects us from the police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 01:29 AM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
So if police are to protect innocent civilians from criminals, who protects us from the police?
Good question.

I think the answer is nobody. In fact, I'd expect to see about a dozen new varieties of "police" pop up over the coming years with even more authority.

Of course, our society has let it get to this point. Perhaps this old adage applies: "you've made your bed..." ?

Old 04-12-2014, 02:20 AM

318 posts, read 639,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Aspiring TV producer, who had worked for 'Tosh.O,' accidentally killed by police
Aspiring TV producer, who had worked for 'Tosh.O,' accidentally killed by police | Fox News

He is a White guy, so who cares. Police brutality only concerns me when it involves Black males.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
"Who guards the guardians" has always been the primary political question.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
It looked like an honest screw up, not one borne of bloodlust or idiocy. The victims family will get a big settlement and the bad guy will get charged for the guys death.
I still say take any financial awards against the police directly from their pension and welfare funds. When they and retired police start seeing that their benefits will be cut due to the actions of problem officers, they won't cover for them and will weed out the bad ones before they can cost them.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Oops.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It looked like an honest screw up, not one borne of bloodlust or idiocy. The victims family will get a big settlement and the bad guy will get charged for the guys death.
I still say take any financial awards against the police directly from their pension and welfare funds. When they and retired police start seeing that their benefits will be cut due to the actions of problem officers, they won't cover for them and will weed out the bad ones before they can cost them.

Yep, when one skrews up, the whole team takes a lap.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
It sounds like a stupid mistake. They certainly should be punished, but there should be training that this doesn't happen in the first place. However, many police departments are drastically underfunded and understaffed so it's not a quick solution.

Examples like this of trained experienced professionals making a stupid mistake and killing innocent people always get me when people point out in similar situations if only more people were armed...it wouldn't happen. Like people who can qualify for a concealed carry permit and hit a target are going to do better in a frantic situation with people running around screaming.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:49 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,715 times
A producer of Tosh.0 was shot? What's the web-redemption going to be? Are they going to take his corpse out to the target range?

By the way, in case nobody gets it, Tosh.0 is a show where they show how awesome they are by mocking everyone else, even people who are injured. Now, I don't mind that at all, since I'm not liberal. However, they shouldn't expect any different treatment.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:51 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
A producer of Tosh.0 was shot? What's the web-redemption going to be? Are they going to take his corpse out to the target range?

By the way, in case nobody gets it, Tosh.0 is a show where they show how awesome they are by mocking everyone else, even people who are injured. Now, I don't mind that at all, since I'm not liberal. However, they shouldn't expect any different treatment.
So killing him was okay and they should take his body to the shooting range to use as target practice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies