Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the owner had put the word "Teabagger" up there, would the same ones who are defending him still defend him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
If people are offended they shouldn't do business there. Not everyone is going to like what everyone does. Some are going to hate you for what you do and use words meant to offend. I personally think people who are preoccupied with what other people do in their bedroom are sick to begin with.

I personally am gay and could care less what the owner thinks. Otoh I am getting tired of seeing grown men walk around with their pants down. It's so degrading to themselves. No one wants to see their behind.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder if the owner had put the word "Teabagger" up there, would the same ones who are defending him still defend him?
No way!..........they would surely be claiming "freedom of expression" or possible "artwork."

Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
If people are offended they shouldn't do business there. Not everyone is going to like what everyone does. Some are going to hate you for what you do and use words meant to offend. I personally think people who are preoccupied with what other people do in their bedroom are sick to begin with.

I personally am gay and could care less what the owner thinks. Otoh I am getting tired of seeing grown men walk around with their pants down. It's so degrading to themselves. No one wants to see their behind.
When I'm offend by a business I just don't go there and then ask others around town what they have experienced. Most of us laugh at businesses who put signs up "Green Products" sold here.......right next to the pesticides!

Wonder why anyone would want to show their underpants, goes along with girls showing their bras!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Being opposed to immorality is not bigotry. It is the correct moral position.
Haha, thank you for proving my point. Couldn't have done it better myself.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:59 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
The owner should be happy that people wear pants in his store.

Caught on camera: Pantless woman steals boxed wine in Florida | abc13.com

Old 04-14-2014, 10:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
It is the homosexual behavior that is immoral.
So don't engage in it.
See how simple that is?

Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Replace that word with "spik", "niggger" and there's your answer. Would it be acceptable with those words?
The store operator probably thought he wouldn't get by with using slurs like that, instead.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
It is the homosexual behavior that is immoral.

I believe Jesus had something to say about passing judgement without one being free from sin themselves.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The act of wearing one's pants half way down their butt came from the jails , where men wore their pants sagging off their butt to express they would participate in gay sex.

It traveled to the public masses in the eighties and continues with a fashion industry making pants to hang off the butt. The origin of the practice of wearing their saggy pants is advertising for homosexual sex. That is the argument for the sign. The person who wrote the sign knows the origin of the saggy pants statement.
No?? Really?? The argument is the pejorative terms used, not the accuracy. The owner could have used the word "gay" in place of the offensive terms and still got his point across, perhaps even more effectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies