Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, we pay $1400 so your rate sounds pretty good to me.
For how many people with what (if any) deducible??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Yes great! Lets put the government in charge of every aspect of our lives because freedom is way over rated. Tyranny is much, much better!
Why put the government in charge of every aspect of our lives?

All we needed to was to get rid of that stupid pre-existing condition crap but the Republicans couldn't even agree on that.

Now they say they want it take that away!

Great way to get votes, guys.

Kick the self-employed to the curb and let them wither away with no insurance.

Last edited by arjay57; 04-13-2014 at 03:03 PM..

Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
For how many people with what (if any) deducible??
Just two of us now. $2500/5000 deductible.

Not great but okay. My main concern is dealing with something like a heart attack, stroke or cancer.

One of my good friends had to have his second bypass surgery last year and he said his bills have totalled over $500,000. That would be a huge hit for me and my family.

Last edited by arjay57; 04-13-2014 at 03:02 PM..

Old 04-13-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
So, your theory is that even if it hurts your friends and neighbors, and even if it hurts the country as a whole, and sacrifices Liberty for the promises of government (haven't we heard this before) because you think it's going to help you, to hell with everyone else.

What kind of person are you?
I'm the kind of person who believes that hard-working, risk-taking self-employed entrepreneurs ought to be able to buy medical insurance on the same footing as corporate employees.

What's your objection to that?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:55 PM

132 posts, read 117,587 times
Quote:
Well, we pay $1400 so your rate sounds pretty good to me.
With no raise in almost 8 years? It freaking sucks!

Do they think this money falls out of my ass?

Typical thinking by people who live off the system.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast Iron Skillet View Post
With no raise in almost 8 years? It freaking sucks!

Do they think this money falls out of my ass?

Typical thinking by people who live off the system.
I've paid in tons of money in taxes and still do. I've given generously to charity, and have paid tuition for a bunch of people.

I've never received one dime from the government.

You call that living off the system?

Old 04-13-2014, 03:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
ACA is front loaded with goodies so people will like it now.

We will just have to wait five years and see how this plays out.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:09 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,292,547 times
Quote:
Why put the government in charge of every aspect of our lives?

All we needed to was get rid of that stupid pre-existing condition crap but the Republicans couldn't even agree on that.

Now they say they want it take that away!

Great way to get votes, guys.

Kick the self-employed to the curb and let them wither away with no insurance.

So we did not need to mandate coverage to ensure huge profits for insurance companies?
I am confused, did Obama just put that in for quid pro quo for the huge campaign contributions by insurance companies? Say it ain't so...

Besides, I have never heard of a single issue that some liberal did not think could be made better by some kind of government regulation. That is why we currently have so many regulations they would fill airplane hangers and are completely impossible for any person much less a layman to understand or be in compliance with, which makes every single person in the US a criminal for being out of compliance with government regulations.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM

132 posts, read 117,587 times
Quote:
I've paid in tons of money in taxes and still do. I've given generously to charity, and have paid tuition for a bunch of people.

I've never received one dime from the government.

You call that living off the system?
You could do much better finding your own coverage like it was before. FWIW, I don't like losing my FREE insurance that was the bees knees so other people can get something. Why should I have to lose mine? I already help those bums daily in section 8 housing who are having a party on the front porch during mid-day work week and are all over 18.

Serve your Country, serve your community....and take it up the ass!!

What's wrong here?

Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Repeal and replace with single payer, it is the only option to fully satisfy everyone who wants the government out of the insurance market, pre-existing conditions covered, small business can start without having to worry about plans, business can expand without paying for healthcare and no tax for not being able to get a plan. It works in Europe and Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies