Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Fire them. What's next -- are they going to refuse to take people to restaurants where pork or alcoholic beverages are served? Or women who aren't wearing a veil?

Cabs are a public accommodation subject to the civil rights laws of this country. They apply to everybody, including these nitwit cab drivers.
All they are asking is that the advertisements be removed.

Sheesh.

Would you force Jewish cabdrivers to drive cars with signs advertising "Nazi Games"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 02:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Hey I click off any gay agenda film, programing including sitcoms. They are pushy and offend me. My choice. Agree with any ones choice not to put up with them.
My disclaimer is two gay family members who say the same thing. they knew about this agenda in the 1980's told me to not let their nieces and nephew watch the sitcom's especially.
Sure. Suuurrreee..

Old 04-19-2014, 03:31 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times
This is why I take Uber.

Now all these fundamentalist cab drivers who don't know how to use Smart phones will be unemployed and be forced to go back to their own country.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:46 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,926 times
You drive the cab given or out the door you go.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:50 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Not if you're a peace keeping Muslim who will threaten to behead you.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All they are asking is that the advertisements be removed.

Sheesh.

Would you force Jewish cabdrivers to drive cars with signs advertising "Nazi Games"?
I do not see how this analogy works. The Nazis tried to exterminate the Jews--as in wipe them off the face of the earth. Gays are not interested in extermination of Muslims. Muslims just don't accept homosexuality. Should Muslims also refuse to take passengers such as women in revealing clothing?

Old 04-19-2014, 04:35 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I agree.

A cab driver can be replaced pretty much instantly.

Not exactly a tough skill set to find out there.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree.

A cab driver can be replaced pretty much instantly.

Not exactly a tough skill set to find out there.
I don't agree with that.it's not easy to replace a good cab driver, many cab companies have hard time filing cab driver position,the pay is not good,the work hours are unbeareable (12hrs/day,7days/wk),no medical coverage,poor insurance coverage,no retirement plan,no 401k.

You still have to have good driving skills,good knowledge of the city,be street smart,avoid crooks,avoid drunk customer that don't remember where they live,avoid high crime area.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:23 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
MEH, the same crazies who occasionally refuse BLIND people service because they have Satan-yacoob-dogs.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Somalis (Muslims) here in the Twin Cities have pretty much taken over the taxi & limo industry's. Once they took control of the airport taxi's they started refusing to take fares who were carrying duty-free bottles of alcohol. After refusing over 5,400 fares they were finally ordered to accept all passengers.

Also refusing females who have exposed arms or legs.

Also refusing calls if someone is going to or from a liquor store.

Also refusing transgender riders.

Also kicking gays out mid-ride for minor shows of affection.

The Somalis proposed a two tiered system where one line would be for people carrying alcohol & the other for everyone else. THANKFULLY the airport, city, etc said no and have instead implemented a 30 day suspension for 1st time offenders & 2 year suspension for 2nd time offenders. For now at least.
The obvious question is why are we importing Somalis? Exactly what skills or abilities are they bringing to this country that we don't already have? We need to start tightening up our immigration policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies