Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM

272 posts, read 784,517 times

Advertisements

Sorry Capt. Your logic is real bad.
Not all Germans are Nazis....and not all Dutch are Nazi sympathizers or part of Nazi SS legions fighting in Russia against the Soviets.....But for sure the Allies HAD to invade Holland and the.....ahem "low countries" to get at the Nazis...Again...sorry but your geography just is what it is.....

Trying to prevent civilian casualties.....is just that...trying....As opposed to the Axis forces of Germany, Japan, Italy, Romania etc that went out of their way to deliberately target civilians.....

As for our 'dumb' Presidents...the dumb one we have now is no more or less dumb than any of the others we've had in terms of Presidential powers.....Every president has used military force....for combat action....even your obvious favorite ...."clinton"....My first personal experience in combat came from orders sent down by then acting president "clinton".....and yes...I thought he was a stupid as could be for allowing events to transpire as they did....Frankly he was [is] and idiot.....

As for terrorists.....They are by definition persons who are or claim to be stateless and "take up arms" against another using unconventional methods....and frequently targeting civilians....is some of this starting to sound familiar to you....????......
Declaring 'war' on terrorism does NOT mean declaring war on the whole world because anyone can be considered a terrorist...A bunch of dumb kids in the pub mouthing off about how much they hate "bush" are not terrorists....But a bunch of dumb kids blowing up school buses....or shooting AK-47's and RPG's at Marines ARE....[does this help?]
So what if terrorists come from all over....and fight US forces in Iraq or anywhere else for that matter...an armed terrorist is an armed terrorist...anywhere any time...
And...as for the U.S. going into Iraq and Afghanistan....dude...your logic is horrid.....
This is like saying to the U.S. .... busy trying to fight the Nazis...hey....we found a Nazi sub attacking Allied merchant ships off the coast of Bermuda...but Bermuda is not part of Germany...so there for we can not mount a retaliatory attack against the Nazi sub.....
Here...I'll put down the bottle of Baltica long enough to say this......to all readers...
Want to live a long life? Don't take up arms as a terrorist against the U.S......If you have a legitimate complaint then voice it through normal non-violent public and diplomatic channels....because brother ...I have first hand knowledge of our capabilities and what we are capable of....and...if you come at us with acts of terror...you going to get precisely what you deserve.....any place you happen to be...at any time.....regardless of what you call yourself...the flavor of your 'uniform' or any other external oddity.....

Clear enough?

Last edited by Coffee Mate; 01-22-2008 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: ....."H" hour is always NOW......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate
Quote:
Not all Germans are Nazis....and not all Dutch are Nazi sympathizers or part of Nazi SS legions fighting in Russia against the Soviets.....But for sure the Allies HAD to invade Holland and the.....ahem "low countries" to get at the Nazis...Again...sorry but your geography just is what it is.....
My logic is bad? The allies never invaded Holland, they invaded occupied Holland.
Claiming that the Allies are the enemies of the Dutch truly is bad logic.
The Dutch wanted the Allies to free them of the Germans.

Quote:
As for terrorists.....They are by definition persons who are or claim to be stateless and "take up arms" against another using unconventional methods....
Funny, I've always thought that a terrorist is a fundamentalist who uses terror as an effective weapon to wage war on his enemy.
Then again one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Then again one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
I'm sorry but, I don't consider anyone who straps explosives onto the body of a 7 year old, sends them into a marketplace, pushes a switch blowing up the child, and old woman and children, as "freedom fighters"

They are Murderers. They are Terrorists.

And, they deserve to be eliminated.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
I'm sorry but, I don't consider anyone who straps explosives onto the body of a 7 year old, sends them into a marketplace, pushes a switch blowing up the child, and old woman and children, as "freedom fighters"
Neither do I, but some freedom fighters will do anything to free their country.
I mean weren't you Yanks not at one point in history considered terrorists by the Brits?
I'm sure you Americans only viewed yourself as freedom fighters and not terrorists.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatdayNeither do I, but some freedom fighters will do anything to free their country.
The insurgents in Iraq are NOT freedom fighters - many are not from Iraq

And, those that you laud as freedom fighters are regularly targeting - deliberately targeting, innocent civilians - children in their school yards, women and old men in the marketplaces. People on buses going to work. Worshipers in Mosques and Churchs. They target hospitals where sick people go to get well. They target childrens clinics.

Again, they are not fighting for freedom - they are killing their own people - deliberately. They are murderers. They are terrorists. And, they deserve to be eliminated from the face of the planet.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The insurgents in Iraq are NOT freedom fighters - many are not from Iraq
Well everyone has the right to fight off intruders right? Especially when they enter your house?
The Iraqi's just exercise their right to defend against invaders.
I mean sure you'll see your troops as freedom fighters for the Iraqi people, but the locals will only see them as foreign invaders, which technically speaking, you are.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatdayWell everyone has the right to fight off intruders right? Especially when they enter your house?
The Iraqi's just exercise their right to defend against invaders.
I am going to repost something I recently said to you -

And, those that you laud as freedom fighters are regularly targeting - deliberately targeting, innocent civilians - children in their school yards, women and old men in the marketplaces. People on buses going to work. Worshipers in Mosques and Churchs. They target hospitals where sick people go to get well. They target childrens clinics.

Old men, women, children in schools, patients in hospitals and so on are "invaders"?

You cannot be serious

Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I mean sure you'll see your troops as freedom fighters for the Iraqi people, but the locals will only see them as foreign invaders, which technically speaking, you are.
Well, speaking as one who has had the privilege of going to Iraq fairly recently (several times), and personally talking to some locals, I can tell you, from FIRSTHAND knowledge, that not all locals see the forces as "invaders" - quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You cannot be serious
I am.
The reason why America invaded Iraq already seems fishy to me, because your president was perfectly prepared to invade, no matter what the opinion of the rest of the world was.
As if God Himself gave Bush the greenlight to invade Iraq.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatdayI am.
The reason why America invaded Iraq already seems fishy to me, because your president was perfectly prepared to invade, no matter what the opinion of the rest of the world was. .
You consider innocent children invaders?

Amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies