Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 07:16 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes red states are much better for retirees. No need for those nasty school taxes.

Who cares about water and air pollution we're retired and don't have much time left anyway? Let them pollute all they want.

And let's be honest who wouldn't want to vote for lower taxes for the very wealthy? If it wasn't for them
we would have nobody to provide the high paying jobs the red states are so known for.

I like paying taxes on food and clothing so that the wealthy can save a few tax dollars. They need it more than I do so than can fuel up their boats and luxury cars.

And don't forget who needs those nasty unions that help working people earn a living much better than the poverty level.
Wealthy people are supposed to live much better than the rest of us, that's called privelege and who doesn't admire privileged people?

Those nasty liberals don't understand our connection with Jesus who is watching out for us and is the only reason for the USA in the first place. As Americans we are God's chosen people and we don't need those God hating Liberals screwing up our red states.

Why bother posting if its going to be spam. All i read from this is pure ignorance, so while not trying to look stupid why dont you shed some light on what your issues are?

Old 04-26-2014, 07:55 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Why bother posting if its going to be spam. All i read from this is pure ignorance, so while not trying to look stupid why dont you shed some light on what your issues are?
Sorry but ignorance is when you tolerate what's going on because it's always been that way. Any person with any amount of intelligence knows exactly what my post is saying.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:22 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Sorry but ignorance is when you tolerate what's going on because it's always been that way. Any person with any amount of intelligence knows exactly what my post is saying.
I know exactly what you are saying but thats all your doing is just saying... Back up what you are saying

Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Please make the case that there is lot of voting fraud.
Why does there have to be "a lot" of voting fraud in order to justify trying to stop it?

There aren't "a lot" of cases of law abiding citizens using "assult weapons" commiting mass shootings but that doesn't seem to keep the left from trying to limit their right to keep and bear arms, does it?

Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Actually, I have moved. A LOT. At various Army forts in much of the eastern US. Especially in the south. Plus 7 years outside the US. Specifically in Korea, Germany, the UK. Other countries do things differently. Certainly different than the US. Some things are much better in the US. But, in healthcare the US simply lags behind. J'm sorry, but its true.

And yes, the personal liberty thing is bullcrap. A talking point. Thats all.
When you live in California the personal liberty thing is not "bullcrap". They regulate the hell out of us.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
I would like to pass a law that people who move here can't vote for a period of at least 2 years.

They leave their blue police state because they are tired of their high taxes, laws, mandates, licenses, rules, repression and all the other crap that comes with the democratic party only to move to a red state and elect the same liberals that caused the situation for which they are leaving.

Welcome to our Red state, please think good an hard for what you believe in before you vote.
True. They also come from failed nations to the Red states. The problem is -- these people don't change their big government ways, they vote poorly.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Yes, we Californians can move to another state but how sad is it that we feel the need to just to get some relief from the "pillaging and plundering"?
Because the history of our plutocracy is that of pillaging and plundering.

Why do older Californians think the Golden State is somehow different than mountain west mining towns or the PNW timber areas or the Rust Belt or the textile areas of New England?

Opportunity for the elites means the need for workers. For a time the workers benefit greatly. Once technology or some other force changes the dynamics the elites pack up and move on.

I don't blame the old Californians for moving out to this GORGEOUS state when the opportunities were immense. Just like I can't blame the folks who moved to Detroit when the honey was flowing there.

Point is, the older Californians...the 3rd generations and earlier...seem to not understand this and I have no clue why. And again, what has happened out here to the established older folks isn't nearly as bad as what has occurred in other places around the country... namely the Rust Belt.

Instead of this Red vs Blue nonsense realize it's you vs anyone who isn't going to put food on your table or love in your heart.

I live in California now. I'm a government employee (oh God, a leech!). Do you honestly believe I'm going to stay here and expect my retirement to be there for me? Heck no! I'd like to stay and I'll monitor the situation but I'll most likely have to flee.

Do I like being in a union? Uh, no. I'm pretty sure I can think for myself but it's one of those things I can't change. I still take the pay they negotiated for me every two weeks though.

But I don't take it personal. I'm not going to let gangsters (which would be the government and private business...one in the same mostly) dictate my life.

Of course folks can come in and now blast me for being a hypocrite or whatever. You have to learn balance though. I have no hate for the folks who go where the honey is flowing. It was once Cleveland or Butte, MT or coastal Oregon. Just don't get drunk off the nectar and let it cloud your judgement that for hundreds of years your offspring are going to be able to live in the exact paradise you originally moved to.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. They also come from failed nations to the Red states. The problem is -- these people don't change their big government ways, they vote poorly.
They flee to where the jobs are and cost of living and taxes are low - and then they vote to basically turn the state in to where they came from.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Because the history of our plutocracy is that of pillaging and plundering.

Why do older Californians think the Golden State is somehow different than mountain west mining towns or the PNW timber areas or the Rust Belt or the textile areas of New England?

Opportunity for the elites means the need for workers. For a time the workers benefit greatly. Once technology or some other force changes the dynamics the elites pack up and move on.

I don't blame the old Californians for moving out to this GORGEOUS state when the opportunities were immense. Just like I can't blame the folks who moved to Detroit when the honey was flowing there.

Point is, the older Californians...the 3rd generations and earlier...seem to not understand this and I have no clue why. And again, what has happened out here to the established older folks isn't nearly as bad as what has occurred in other places around the country... namely the Rust Belt.

Instead of this Red vs Blue nonsense realize it's you vs anyone who isn't going to put food on your table or love in your heart.

I live in California now. I'm a government employee (oh God, a leech!). Do you honestly believe I'm going to stay here and expect my retirement to be there for me? Heck no! I'd like to stay and I'll monitor the situation but I'll most likely have to flee.

Do I like being in a union? Uh, no. I'm pretty sure I can think for myself but it's one of those things I can't change. I still take the pay they negotiated for me every two weeks though.

But I don't take it personal. I'm not going to let gangsters (which would be the government and private business...one in the same mostly) dictate my life.

Of course folks can come in and now blast me for being a hypocrite or whatever. You have to learn balance though. I have no hate for the folks who go where the honey is flowing. It was once Cleveland or Butte, MT or coastal Oregon. Just don't get drunk off the nectar and let it cloud your judgement that for hundreds of years your offspring are going to be able to live in the exact paradise you originally moved to.
I understand some of your points. There are Californians who are moving because it isn't as golden as it used to be. But there are alot of us who are moving because of excessive regulations and stepping on our personal freedoms.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I understand some of your points. There are Californians who are moving because it isn't as golden as it used to be. But there are alot of us who are moving because of excessive regulations and stepping on our personal freedoms.
And I get it.

I've lived in several states and this one takes the cake on regulations. When I was younger I moved from Ohio to PA and was shocked at how heavily regulated most things were in my new state.

I learned my lesson. I did my homework. That's all you can do. California's laws/regulations make PA look like the Wild West. I slug thru them. Not saying it doesn't get to me from time to time but I'm not going to let it consume my life.

Again, all about doing your homework, taking personal responsibility, and never counting on the gangsters (U.S. Government/private sector) to make your life better. Hopefully you don't get overly screwed in the end. Yeah, America in a nutshell lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies