Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
And how does that help the working and middle class who still have to pay for it in a US dollars which have less and less buying power?
Those wealthy states could subsidize it for them, especially if the blue states didn't have to give money to all the needy red states.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
And how does that help the working and middle class who still have to pay for it in a US dollars which have less and less buying power?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Those wealthy states could subsidize it for them, especially if the blue states didn't have to give money to all the needy red states.
Or we could not print money out of thin air and not have the value of the dollar vanish to fund the vast welfare state.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 PM

794 posts, read 818,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
But the voter fraud is statistically insignificant. So your point is???
My point is and was enough with crying for the state to come in and pick a side. On any of these issues.

Quote:
And really, how many are fleeing blue states because of politics? Lots leave when they retire. Lower cost of living in some cases for them, much better weather. Some may be transferred.
Neither one of us have data on this to say definitively one way or the other. I personally believe that a lot of people are indeed leaving Blue states on ideological reasons, as I have given leaving my Blue state a lot of thought in the last few years, and have interacted with many who have either left or plan to leave for political/ideological reasons. If you're looking for a forum "gotcha! you can't prove it!" talk point over this, I can't dispute that I have no real data other than personal experience and observation to back up what I said.

Quote:
Read some of the state forums. Many people leave their home states, go to places like Charleston, Atlanta. Nashville, etc thinking they can get a job there. Most of the local response is - are you nuts? There are no jobs here, times are tough. If you have very specialized skills, maybe. Or a lot of luck, possibly. So a lot of the job seekers give up, pack up, leave.
Sure, I have read the forums and I am aware of the job difficulties encountered in just about all areas of America except for the few "chosen" places (like near where I live for example). It does not change the fact that a lot of people living in oppressive nanny Blue states want out in order to experience some of the personal freedoms and liberty that Red stater's are often privy to.

Quote:
More liberty? Sorry, you'll have to define that. Nannyism as well.
More liberty would include firearms rights and lower taxes, nannyism would include unneeded and unwanted government intrusions into the lives of the citizenry.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Or we could not print money out of thin air and not have the value of the dollar vanish to fund the vast welfare state.
Oh we wouldn't have to worry about that if we cut the red states loose and stopped funding them.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
its ok they will crash the national economy, triggering a economical collapse and or civil war.. We dont have to fight them, they will slit their own throats...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Oh... my God.
What? You will run out of others peoples money eventually, and at some point printer money out of thin air will make the dollar worthless.

The snake cannot devour its tail forever.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
What? You will run out of others peoples money eventually, and at some point printer money out of thin air will make the dollar worthless.

The snake cannot devour its tail forever.
With the GDP the Blue States produce, they would be just fine without the leeches in the Red States.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
With the GDP the Blue States produce, they would be just fine without the leeches in the Red States.
Why not let us go then?

Furthermore if you think quantitative easing and printing money out of thin air is a good idea, and does lead to very horrific outcomes, I feel sorry....Not for you and other leftist but by the hard working, honest people who will be harmed by the events it will cause..

Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,864 times
Quote:
Why not let us go then?
Let you go? There's no clamor for going.

Quote:
Furthermore if you think quantitative easing and printing money out of thin air is a good idea, and does lead to very horrific outcomes, I feel sorry....Not for you and other leftist but by the hard working, honest people who will be harmed by the events it will cause..
We already print money out of thin air. Money has no intrinsic value, it's not based on any kind of precious metal, it's fiat currency. There's no reason that inflation necessarily must follow the printing of more money provided a government take steps to prevent inflation from occurring, which is not as out of reach as you seem to be suggesting, in fact it's rather easy, especially for a country like the United States.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sorry, but you do not get to take voting rights away from citizens because you disagree with their politics. Americans are free to move wherever they wish in the country, and they take their right to vote with them.
Amen. It is hardly a concidence that only one ideology finds voter suppression of any kind appealing.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Why not let us go then?

Because that defeats the purpose of being the UNITED STATES of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies