Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I said you want to give him a pass, the NBA thankfully did not.
We'll see what the NBA does to him when it ends up in the courts. Why he shouldn't get a "pass" when you folks let many others have one is my question. I guess you don't care about other racist comments??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Oh he will make a lot of money regardless, but then again we are talking about a billionaire making more money. The money part isn't the issue, the good part of this is that he has lost control of the rich man version of fantasy sports.
Hey, I'm not defending him, but he'll just find another toy to play with and I don't mean a girlfriend.

Just wish the same fate that he's receiving befalls the same type of racists, no matter what their color, but that will never happen.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
So....If he is forced to sell....can the NBA decide how much he gets for the team? Can he just hold out for an unrealistic price, thereby negating any chance of a sale? Does the NBA have the power to say" this is what your team is worth and you have to accept it regardless of what you feel the value is"?
Just curious if anyone knows how this would go down

Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We'll see what the NBA does to him when it ends up in the courts. Why he shouldn't get a "pass" when you folks let many others have one is my question. I guess you don't care about other racist comments??
Well in this case the NBA had proof that it was Sterling who made those comments, the Clippers were shedding sponsors because of it, and from an economical sense, the NBA made the right move.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hey, I'm not defending him, but he'll just find another toy to play with and I don't mean a girlfriend.

Just wish the same fate that he's receiving befalls the same type of racists, no matter what their color, but that will never happen.
You spelled it out pretty clearly. His fate will be to be forced to sell his team for half a billion. Tough times........but I get your point. Racists come in every stripe...........this guy has been chosen to be castigated because he is of course rich.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

I don't think he will when it comes to owning sports teams....I am sure he will find something else to occupy his time. I don't see any other sports league wanting to let this guy become an owner of any of their teams, which leagues are able to deny the purchase of any team.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Well in this case the NBA had proof that it was Sterling who made those comments, the Clippers were shedding sponsors because of it, and from an economical sense, the NBA made the right move.
Clippers problem..........of course now it isn't anymore. You really think fans will not show up to watch "their" team? Well the Clippers sucked for so long.........and now everybody goes crazy. lol

I would hope it's not about selling jerseys but that seems to be where you are going. If that is so then it's just more ridiculous. The evil racist WR on Philly had a good year. So it goes. Now nobody cares. Unless the media starts screaming about it again.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
So now that this precedent has been set, what will happen when an NBA player is caught defaming gays or beating a woman? Immediate removal?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So now that this precedent has been set, what will happen when an NBA player is caught defaming gays or beating a woman? Immediate removal?
Good question. And who gets to decide?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Plain and simple...No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies