Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
I mean, blacks, Hispanics, illegals, homosexuals, lesbians, the handicapped, Muslims, Asians, Jews, transexuals, the homeless, junkies, the poor ... you'd better not offer up an honest opinion on these groups.
The politically correct bleeding hearts have it the way they want it in this country regarding language ... We must always talk positive about everybody (except whites and Christians, of course). So why, in general, is America so crass, crude and violent? What has curtailing speech done to improve things?
What has curtailing speech done to improve things?

Old 04-30-2014, 07:26 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
I guess I see now he didn't use the N word. It was a snip of conversation between two people who had a relationship and she basically set him up. I guess he can spend his billions on someone else.

It's all very nauseating especially in light of Shaq making fun of handicapped, Vic slaughtering animals for fun and profit, and Magic being an adulterer with thousands of women, getting AIDS and then not having it anymore. And if a black guy told his white ho not to bring any more white guys to his parties would anyone be surprised, much less shocked and enraged?

Can you say witch hunt?

Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That was a great example to share about your children getting along with other children of all races. It is hard to convince bitter people, but at least you tried. Maybe the message will sink in with a few posters here who are under the delusion that the Clippers owner is some sort of victim (LOL). Your children are far more mature about race relations than he could ever hope to be. If it helps influence even one person in the neighborhood or anywhere else though, it is a great thing! Thanks for sharing..what a positive and refreshing outlook!
Yep. I can't change the world but I can start with my own family. That's how my mother raised me. And I'm thankful for it.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
one of the most racist rappers I've ever heard, says "cracka" in his songs more than all other rappers combined, has come out with this song called "f*** donald sterling: racist mothaf***a"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzjC4Joq3k

This is the same rapper that put out this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmzOtYHC1k

and the first minute of this is pretty funny if u like racial ignorance as well from 0:20 - 0:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru8QOkqmrsw
2 Quick Questions
Who owns the record company that pays these guys?
Who buys most of these guys music?
I'll give you a clue,it isn't a rich black guy.
So when you get a chance ask your Kids, nieces, nephews who there favorite rapper is?
Back on Topic!
I think he's going to give the team to his son, which im good with!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
I'll answer since they wont.

White people buy more rap music and rap gear and rap products then any other group of people.

White people own the companies that manufacture and distribute these products.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
I don't see anyone defending Sterling as a man. I personally think what he said isn't that big a deal simply because there's way worse things going on in America right now that no one, especially obama, is speaking on such as the knockout game
So Job Growth, Gas prices,decline in our privacy, Education, collapse of the Dollar and you're worried about the knocK out game
I think we're done here!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
I find it fascinating that there are people who are offended by the idea of speaking nicely about others. Says a lot about a person when they complain about being PC. Poor things.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:28 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Although the conversation between the girlfriend and Sterling, did indicate he was a racist, my problem with the entire fiasco is that this was a private conversation between two people. It is my understanding that we have freedom of speech, especially in a personal conversation. I don't approve of his statement, but question how legal and otherwise sanctions be taken against a private conversation.

The part of the conversation that really threw me was Sterling told his girlfriend she could sleep and whatnot with blacks, just don't bring them to the game. Huh?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Although the conversation between the girlfriend and Sterling, did indicate he was a racist, my problem with the entire fiasco is that this was a private conversation between two people. It is my understanding that we have freedom of speech, especially in a personal conversation. I don't approve of his statement, but question how legal and otherwise sanctions be taken against a private conversation.

[b]The part of the conversation that really threw me was Sterling told his girlfriend she could sleep and whatnot with blacks, just don't bring them to the game. Huh?[/b
Because she was his."Chocolate Hunny Bunny"
See in the times of slavery,it was ok for the plantation master to go down to the Slave quarters and pick him out,"Chocolate Hunny Bunny" The wife always knew about this, b!&CH about this, but in the end accepted this because her life,besides this crap, was pretty damn good!
Also For the last time, Donald Sterlings Track record of racist statements and being a crappy owner is the reason why this is happening to him not this one event
This was a long time coming Donald, and this event just unlocked the trigger lock!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:02 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
To remind everyone of the situation:

Sterling made comments in private: behind closed doors. Meaning not on twitter, not on youtube, not on facebook, not in front of a microphone.

His GF during an argument tape recorded him. Then sold the tape to TMZ for blackmail.
Yes!!! Personally I think Sterlings mindset is living 100 years ago but this is over the top when you say something in private, some sleazy azz hooker girlfriend tapes and sells it and you're going to be banned.
I thought you needed permission to tape a private conversation??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies