Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Just when you think you've heard it all...

V. Stiviano, Sterlings girlfriend posted a photograph on Instagram of her posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. After which Sterling told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games.

"You can sleep with [black people]," Sterling says on the tape. "You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling also says. "Do you have to?"

Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black People to My Games ... Including Magic Johnson | TMZ.com

Maybe I should start a sticky thread entitled, "Today's Cranky Old White Guy."

Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM

579 posts, read 762,398 times
He's voicing how every other race feels.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:41 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,346 times
He's entitled to his preferences.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:52 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,168,720 times
The guy just seems like a total scumbag. I've read some other stuff about him, like how he denied renting out apartments to minorities simply based on their race, or how he has this girlfriend while being married, or the fact that he made these comments web though she is part black and part Hispanic. He's just a miserable excuse for a human being.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:15 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
The guy just seems like a total scumbag. I've read some other stuff about him, like how he denied renting out apartments to minorities simply based on their race, or how he has this girlfriend while being married, or the fact that he made these comments web though she is part black and part Hispanic. He's just a miserable excuse for a human being.
It's simply good business to keep certain minorities out of your properties.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
It's simply good business to keep certain minorities out of your properties.
Unless they are the one's bringing in the crowds and the money in the first place.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 PM

On the now closed thread on the same subject the question was asked, "why on earth would the nba have the right to make him sell HIS team for comments he's made???????????"

For the same reason that the NBA like all other franchisers decide who can have a team, where that team can be located and have the right to protect their franchise from anything that harms the brand. While the NBA may not have the right under its top secret constitution to force Silver to sell the team it certainly has to power to remove him from the day to day activities of the team by placing him on indefinite suspension.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:46 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just when you think you've heard it all...

V. Stiviano, Sterlings girlfriend posted a photograph on Instagram of her posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. After which Sterling told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games.

"You can sleep with [black people]," Sterling says on the tape. "You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling also says. "Do you have to?"

Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black People to My Games ... Including Magic Johnson | TMZ.com

Maybe I should start a sticky thread entitled, "Today's Cranky Old White Guy."
Of course his gold digging girlfriend is half black and she is selling herself out to be with cranky old white guy. If you start a cranky old white guy thread please remember to start a "racist black man thread" too. For every uptight white guy who can't handle interracial relationships there is a black man who is having a nutty over some sister dating a white man.

Money talks. I bet anything none of the well paid black players on his team will walk. Green transcends black, white, and all colors in between. Just ask Oprah, she was willing to pretend she liked white people while getting rich off of them.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:57 PM

40 posts, read 39,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Unless they are the one's bringing in the crowds and the money in the first place.
The joke has always been

- Jews are the owners and commissioner
- Whites attend the games
- Blacks bounce the ball

Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 PM

40 posts, read 39,468 times
To remind everyone of the situation:

Sterling made comments in private: behind closed doors. Meaning not on twitter, not on youtube, not on facebook, not in front of a microphone.

His GF during an argument tape recorded him. Then sold the tape to TMZ for blackmail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies