Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 02:40 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont call policies which support poverty good

Clearly we have different standards.
How does the GI bill support poverty? I would say it has helped pull some out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 02:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times
Quote:
They dont.. The only reports I've seen which show money going to red states are for purchasing of services from those areas, not things like welfare..

But hey, why let facts stop a good liberal rant.

1/3rd the nations welfare recipiants live in California for example..
Study after study clearly demonstrate that the Federal government shifts money from blue states to red states. Maybe not by design or intention, but those are the facts. You can accuse someone falsely of a rant (instead of a question based on a fact that should be obvious to all by now...which it was), but you can't have your own facts.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:34 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,429 times
All of them: Canada, Australia, Germany, the UK. Take your pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Really? Which countries that have big government running things are "working"?

Old 05-04-2014, 10:35 PM

Yes, we, the people, elect our own governments to act on our behalf, so were all responsible.

Quote:
Because the crooks in Washington DC made a ton of bad decisions, helped along by the progressives, we the people should have to pay for it?

Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 PM

Huh? Explain to me how come the northern liberal states are the most affluent in the nation and why do they have to support the lazy southern red states and their idiotic conservative policies?

Quote:
Explain to me why welfare recipiants vote Democratic and prove me wrong..

Old 05-04-2014, 10:41 PM

Only because you believe that less government = conservative lol. It was the progressives that were advocating social progress through equal rights for minorities and women and not conservatives. Conservatives only talk about less government, while wanting to regulate everything from marijuana to marriage.

Quote:
Really? It was conservative ideology that ended Jim Crow. Less government=conservative.

You can put any spin on it that you want, it doesn't make it true.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Nope. Our democratically elected government acts on our behalf, borrows money on our behalf and starts wars on our behalf. You can't claim you're not responsible when you're a us citizen.

Quote:
no, no we dont. We might have to deal with the ramifications of the debt, but that doesnt make it ours no more than your kids debt is yours. Its not..

Old 05-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Glad you admit that you want government to raise people from cradle to grave. How's that been working out or do we need another bubble caused by government to prove how inept they are?
One day, you are actually going to respond to the contents of my comments instead of going off into some tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with my post or claiming i said something that is never seen in my post.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:04 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Huh? Explain to me how come the northern liberal states are the most affluent in the nation and why do they have to support the lazy southern red states and their idiotic conservative policies?
Explain to me how someone taking such a superior attitude as you did in that post could not know the basic facts of history that the Southern economy was based on agriculture while the North was the center of industrialization in the nation.

It's incredible how liberals develop ridiculous theories like white privilege and patriarchy to support their causes but then use simpleton reasoning when it comes to everything else. As time and technology advance and wealth shifts from agriculture to manufacturing, the area of the nation that concentrated on manufacturing is going to rise and the area that concentrated on agriculture is going to fall. It's not that complicated. It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal policies. The North has been wealthier than the South for over a century, well before modern Democrats or Republicans existed.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 AM

Ahem. The northern economy has been based on industry while southern was based on slavery. Again,
Northern - progressive, industrial, advanced, southern - conservative, agrarian and ignorant.
We all make our choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Explain to me how someone taking such a superior attitude as you did in that post could not know the basic facts of history that the Southern economy was based on agriculture while the North was the center of industrialization in the nation.
It's incredible how pseudo-cons develop their ideas based on Faux News rather than facts. The fact is that I never mentioned white privilege or patriarchy (???) in my post.
What is also incredible is that even today the south remains conservative not understanding how these idiotic, backwards policies hurt them in the past and are hurting them today.
Can't learn anything, can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's incredible how liberals develop ridiculous theories like white privilege and patriarchy to support their causes but then use simpleton reasoning when it comes to everything else. As time and technology advance and wealth shifts from agriculture to manufacturing, the area of the nation that concentrated on manufacturing is going to rise and the area that concentrated on agriculture is going to fall. It's not that complicated. It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal policies. The North has been wealthier than the South for over a century, well before modern Democrats or Republicans existed.

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-05-2014 at 12:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies