Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I think these are salient points and I do think they have not been answered satisfactory. I hope that's where the inquiry focuses on. However, I doubt they'll be any impeachment proceedings, or charges filed. In the end, it will come down to someone made some very bad decisions both before, during, and after the crisis. If that turns out to be Hillary, then it just might hurt her chances in 2016.
As much as Id like to know who knew what when, the most important thing that I dont think is getting focused on enough is what you mentioned. Security. The place was attacked before, had threats. Yet we had an Ambassador there on 9/11 knowing all that. WTH FOR?!?! And I heard Rand mention it last night, but I dont even hear enough of other people focusing on this. Why? Was there some big news I missed that explained that?

Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

"Site Security Team" in Libya, has told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson that he and many other senior staff at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, "felt we needed more, not less" security personnel in the country, but were told "to do with less.
For what reasons, I don't know."
I thought Hillary already addressed why they had to do with less because funding had been cut.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This beating of a dead horse is not about Obama. The Republicans know that, as things stand today, they can't beat Hillary Clinton. They have some faint hope (or strong delusion) that they can smear her reputation enough to do that, but the fact is if Mrs. Clinton wants to be president, she will be. She can not be stopped by another Republican committee on a witch hunt.
Smear her reputation? She allowed this all to happen............was a part in the gun running..........ran the non army in Iraq after we "pulled out" and you worry about smearing her rep while folks died? No reputation can ever be smeared in liberals minds. Hell she just fell out so she wouldn't have to testify now is in hiding till the next election. You want that reputation then cheer her on............I say it's all BS. Sterling got ran out of town for some illegally taped nonsense...........folks die and liberals don't care.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
As much as Id like to know who knew what when, the most important thing that I dont think is getting focused on enough is what you mentioned. Security. The place was attacked before, had threats. Yet we had an Ambassador there on 9/11 knowing all that. WTH FOR?!?! And I heard Rand mention it last night, but I dont even hear enough of other people focusing on this. Why? Was there some big news I missed that explained that?
Since the Ambassador was there of his own free will, the choice to take whatever risks were associated with being there was rather patently his.

And since he was visiting a CIA annex, I also think it's a safe assumption that he reason for being there will not be declassified until some point in the very distant future.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,298,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I thought Hillary already addressed why they had to do with less because funding had been cut.
That may or may not be true, but it is up to the State Department to allocate its budget, and they could have made budget cuts that didn't didn't jeopardize the safety and security of our embassies. Especially those in regions where we know they many people hostile to the US. Maybe less state dinners?

Old 05-02-2014, 05:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Since the Ambassador was there of his own free will, the choice to take whatever risks were associated with being there was rather patently his.

And since he was visiting a CIA annex, I also think it's a safe assumption that he reason for being there will not be declassified until some point in the very distant future.
Your "assumption" is more of a hope it appears. Hope and change right? Transparency right? LOL

Yes hide it all away and "hope" in fifty years nobody finds out what happens. So goes big bro. Well we have a panel now investigating...........funny how the Sterling thing went down at the same time. Deflection all around. Don't worry your media will bury it probably as they have........but the truth will be seen. Too late now but it will. Your heroes are criminals. Not racists.......which seems to upset you more.......but criminals.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm not sure what this committee's objective will be. If the purpose is to find out who wrote the talking points for Rice, then it's a waste of time.
The entire discussion has been about the "talking points" because the DOJ claims the FBI still has an open investigation (after 20 months) and they can't discuss an open investigation.

It's clear the "talking points" and the Rice dance on 5 networks was a White House set-up, but I think the Select Committee will be going after different information. Part of the problem has been that there have been 5 different "investigations" with many witnesses and no way to put it all together. They will put together a timeline of all the testimony and then go after the discrepancies - they will also need to take it to court and get court orders for a release of the information that is being withheld. The witnesses are likely to be put under oath with a threat of perjury for LIES.

The current word is that Trey Gowdy (a man with a lot of serious prosecutor and investigation experience) will head up the Select Committee - it will depend a lot on the legislation that is passed and what powers they give him with that legislation. The entire point is to stop the open ended narrative by the DOJ that 'we can't discuss this". The Select Committee has to figure out how to do an end run around Eric Holder, because Holder is already under a Contempt order and will do any/everything to stop ANY investigation.

We can' only 'hope' that the GOP leadership picks competent people and keeps the group small. They need to be able to have a decent amount of time for the interrogations and not this silly 5 minute rule with 50 house members that mostly filibuster instead of doing the job.

Anyone want to start making guesses as to who the GOP and the Democrats put on the committee?
I've watched many hours of these hearings - they are mostly a joke because the Democrats only want to talk about Bush and the insult to Obama (which sorta indicates that they are very afraid about Obama) and the Republicans have no clue or experience in this sort of thing.

Trey Gowdy is a notable exception - he stays on point AND he has wide and deep experience in investigation, interrogation and prosecution. He is a very good choice and a surprising choice to some by Boehner. The choice of Gowdy (if he is really chosen) indicates that Boehner is real serious about this now. I expect something similar for the IRS Target program - a decent US Attorney General would appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigation why the IRS has disclosed private information on citizens, stonewalled private citizens AND audited private citizens for no discernible reason other than they are in the opposite party than the President. This is serious business.

There has not been a single poll since either Benghazi OR the IRS Target operation began that does not advocate and support an investigation. None of it is going away. Most people understand that if this is all allowed to stand, then it sets precident for Political Parties to attack citizens for Political gain and that citizens abroad have ZERO protections if it become Politically expedient for the President and his Administration to just throw them under the bus and pretend it never happened.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 13 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
I applaud the choice of Gowdy to this needed committee. We are no longer going to let leftists get away with allowing murder against our own people and our consolates. All Obama cared about that fateful night was going home, getting some sleep, and heading off to the next day's fundraiser.

Gowdy, by the way, has never lost a case. Never.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Let the chips fall where they may. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-07-2014 at 01:57 PM..

Old 05-02-2014, 06:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thank God! A special committee to probe the very important question of who created what talking points when. I'm so relieved that there is nothing more pressing in the country that needs our elected representatives' attention.
It really has you worried that your little communist is finally going to be shown the corrupt murderer he is, doesn't it? His butt is finished...
Only fools support a liar and a killer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies