Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what political brainwashing does to people. They dislike something because they are told to dislike it. I remember another study which proved people do not like Obamacare, but they like ACA.
That has nothing to do with brain washing, it has more to do with how f****** stupid the American people are.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:

A new poll has some bad news for those who want to repeal Obamacare. A new poll shows most Americans want to keep the law the way it is or just make some minor adjustments.

Just 38% say the law should be repealed.
Most folks (about 60 percent) get their health care from an employer so what do they know YET!
The rest are not even involved in the ACA because they are either on Medicare, Medicaid, VA or Tricare.

With only 10 percent buying their insurance directly from insurance companies,
I find 38 percent wanting appeal rather high. Don't you?
After all, the impact with employers doesn't start until next year, unless they get another
postponement....

Old 05-13-2014, 05:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Most folks (about 60 percent) get their health care from an employer so what do they know YET!
The rest are not even involved in the ACA because they are either on Medicare, Medicaid, VA or Tricare.

With only 10 percent buying their insurance directly from insurance companies,
I find 38 percent wanting appeal rather high. Don't you?
After all, the impact with employers doesn't start until next year, unless they get another
postponement....
So, only those people who actually receive Medicaid can have an opinion about it? I think anyone can have an opinion.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:55 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
That's what political brainwashing does to people. They dislike something because they are told to dislike it. I remember another study which proved people do not like Obamacare, but they like ACA.
OP, the ACA's selling point (to the middle class voters) is all about the exchanges.

There are some serious flaws in the pricing structure of the exchanges including subsidies and deductibles. This is one of the reasons the Obama administration has no current plans to actually gather real information how many "newly insured" on the exchanges.

They'd rather just group all those who gain insurance through medicaid/exchanges and get this some are even including those newly insured due to employer healthcare as benefiting from the ACA. Don't you find brain washing works both ways?

The Dems are just as guilty as the Repubs on this matter. Left leaning groups point out to 7.2 million newly insured DUE to the ACA. Yet they are due to people gaining insurance through employers (by hiring them). Last I check, employers offered 95% of their employees healthcare prior to the ACA. So they can't claim the ACA as having a direct benefits.

Same with letting kids on parents plans till age 26. Sure that sounds great. Yet most fail to comprehend these same folks if they went to school full price were already covered on the vast majority of plans. Even if they aren't in school, it WAS dirt cheap to insure themselves. Notice I said WAS dirt cheap. Now the deductibles are close to double was they were before the ACA.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:59 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Look arjay57, I think there are many people who honestly believe there needs to be changes. The ACA is not it. Preexisting should be one of them, no matter who you are or what you do.

We can *****/complain about who is who in congress, but over the last 50 years, it's been 50/50 who controlled congress....nothing was done...think about that...

I fully believe this is the reason why there is much push back. Millions of pepole will be affected, whether you believe it or not...

My personnel story, I can prove this by receipts from the pharmacy, not my personal recipients.

In December 2013, I paid $0 copay for a prescription, in January 2014 I paid $5 for that same prescription...this is a 30 day prescription, would you care to tell us what happened on January 1st 2014?

Yea, $5 is not much, to some...but the point is........
Well, I've said from the beginning that I had some reservations about the ACA and I don't have any problems in making some changes in it.

We just need to absolutely certain we never go back to this two tiered system where government and corporate employees get great insurance, and self-employed people are thrown under the bus. That is utter nonsense and it has no basis whatsoever. It doesn't matter to me which side takes the initiative but at least the ACA got us off the dime after 50 years of inaction.

And I don't mind paying the true cost of medical care. My premiums had nearly tripled before the ACA came along, while deductibles were also going up. The insurance company also refused to cover two medications I needed.

But all that is neither here nor there. We just can't allow Americans to be subject to the whims of this so-called pre-existing condition crap.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
So, only those people who actually receive Medicaid can have an opinion about it? I think anyone can have an opinion.
Anyone can have an opinion on the ACA.

But the folks who are on the individual market who are primarily affected by the ACA's opinion's matter most. It's easy for someone has employer sponsored care/govt healthcare to sit on their high horse (because it doesn't really affect them) and say give the ACA a chance.

It's another different story when you are personally affected and see either your deductibles double or your premiums jacked up on the individual market.

The law heavily screws younger middle to upper middle class self employed folks.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Despite a victory lap by the White House following the release of that number, only 12% of Americans surveyed consider the law a success.
Leave it to liberals to cherry pick the stats.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Leave it to liberals to cherry pick the stats.
The law is full of flaws. Even Obama has gone on record he knows it needs to be "fix".

Heck, I have seen zero efforts or suggestions how to fix the ACA on the Democrats part. How do they fix the law that's was budgeted on smoke and mirrors (it ain't 900 billion). It currently sits at 1.3 trillion and EXCLUDES administrative costs like billions hiring IRS agents or hundreds of millions already wasted on failed websites.

How do they fix a law that the drug makers/device makers/insurance companies/hospitals all had their hands in the cookie jar in writing it?

How do they fix a law that doesn't involve any new taxes? That's the only way to increase subsidies.

How do they fix a law where employers don't provide "affordable" coverage to non working spouses or kids.

I could go on an on.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:52 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh, I so agree. We're going to be stuck with this boondoggle and the only 'fix' we'll get will be meaningless incremental fixes that still leave plenty of people uninsured, high prices, and more debt.
While the fundamentally unconstitutionality of this repugnant law remains in place. The federal government coercing we the people, under threat of punishment, to contract with another citizen for insurance, as a function of US citizenship. And not just any insurance, a costly, one-size-fits-all insurance, designed by federal bureaucrats

Old 05-13-2014, 11:55 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Poll: Majority of Americans Want to Keep Obamacare

A new poll has some bad news for those who want to repeal Obamacare. A new poll shows most Americans want to keep the law the way it is or just make some minor adjustments.

The CNN/ORC International survey finds 61% of Americans want to leave the Affordable Care Act alone or just make minor changes. Just 38% say the law should be repealed.
The way you trash Fox I think you have a lot of nerve posting a "survey" from CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies