Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:43 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
But prosecutors argue that Kaarma used his wife, Janelle Pflager, to stage an intricate trap to corner and ambush the teen.

Pflager told investigators that she carefully placed her purse so that it can be seen through the open door of the garage — which was rigged with motion sensors and a baby monitor, court papers obtained by the Missoulian show.

Once Diren Dede and another suspect triggered the alarm, Kaarma ran out the front door of the house with a shotgun and approached the garage from outside to box the bandits inside, prosecutors say.

17 year olds do dumb stuff... they're kids. But this guy LOCKED him the garage and then shot him?? WTF??

No, the student wasn't doing the right thing, but the shooter was obviously looking to kill someone.
I don't think I would have shot him but at some point after multiple burglaries you do what you can to prevent it. I can bet no one in this area will try it again, guilty or innocent so thanks for taking one for the team. What kind of trash steals purses out of houses? I guess dead trash. This "Parent" can come pick up his trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 06:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
I walked into a garage with every intention of just taking some stuff. No body is was going to get hurt...until some guy surprised me. I don't want to get caught. Adrenaline is a strange thing. Stuff happens. I didn't mean to kill him. I just wanted to get away. He should have just stayed away. Unfortunately for me this guy was a gun nut and laid in wait to ambush me.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:44 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Peace though strength.

You and people like you are always scared of everything, grow a pair.
Strength is NOT wanting to use a gun unless it's absolutely 100 percent necessary.
Actively looking for any reason to use it isn't strength, it's insanity.

And yeah, if someone has a gun and is trying to kill me, I'm scared of that.
I guess I'm kind of a wimp.

If you didn't have the gun, I might not be as afraid, however...

Old 05-12-2014, 06:45 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
But prosecutors argue that Kaarma used his wife, Janelle Pflager, to stage an intricate trap to corner and ambush the teen.

Pflager told investigators that she carefully placed her purse so that it can be seen through the open door of the garage — which was rigged with motion sensors and a baby monitor, court papers obtained by the Missoulian show.

Once Diren Dede and another suspect triggered the alarm, Kaarma ran out the front door of the house with a shotgun and approached the garage from outside to box the bandits inside, prosecutors say.

17 year olds do dumb stuff... they're kids. But this guy trapped them in the garage and tried to shoot both of them?? WTF??

No, the student wasn't doing the right thing, but the shooter was obviously looking to kill someone.
When you can provide proof...until then, innocent until proven guilty...

The anti gun haters need hard facts, which they do not have...not at this point, anyway....

Until then, INNOCENT....do you not understand that....

If he is proven guilty, then he deserves everything he gets...

(did not expect that from a gun person, huh....LOL...)

Old 05-12-2014, 06:46 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I walked into a garage with every intention of just taking some stuff. No body is was going to get hurt...until some guy surprised me. I don't want to get caught. Adrenaline is a strange thing. Stuff happens. I didn't mean to kill him. I just wanted to get away. He should have just stayed away. Unfortunately for me this guy was a gun nut and laid in wait to ambush me.
Gun nut vs stolen purse nut. Guess who wins? I hate thieves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So fearful he set the whole thing up...
So fearful of a 17 year old with no weapon...what a big man.
Liar.....when was that proven in court?

Go ahead, show us....

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Being on someone else's property isn't enough which is why the murderer is up on charges.
That depends on which state, if you are in my house and I shoot you it's fairly cut and dried and there will be no charges. In Texas you can legally shoot a thief on your neighbors property.
Quote:
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...E/htm/PE.9.htm
Sec. 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if, under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property; or
(2) the actor reasonably believes that:
(A) the third person has requested his protection of the land or property;
(B) he has a legal duty to protect the third person's land or property; or
(C) the third person whose land or property he uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent, or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care.
What seems to be the issue here is this person may have set a trap for them, that's a whole different ballgame.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Liar.....when was that proven in court?

Go ahead, show us....
When was is proven that the 17 year old went to steal the purse?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:50 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't think I would have shot him but at some point after multiple burglaries you do what you can to prevent it. I can bet no one in this area will try it again, guilty or innocent so thanks for taking one for the team. What kind of trash steals purses out of houses? I guess dead trash. This "Parent" can come pick up his trash.
Of course a 17 year old kid is 'trash' and deserves to be shot to death over a purse.
Makes perfect sense.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is damning:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...6119b4.pdf.pdf

http://www.amerika-forum.de/threads/...schossen/page5

"....The above named defendant [Kaarma] committed the offense of deliberate homicide" - Deputy County Attorney

"Shortly after midnight, they heard a sensor alert indicating someone was in their driveway and then a sensor alert that someone had entered their garage. Pflager pulled up images from a video monitor with a live stream from the garage and observed a male inside the garage.

He [Kaarma] stated he didn’t want the male to get away and that he wanted him to be caught. He stated that the police can’t catch burglars in the act.
Pflager [wife] stated that after Kaarma reached the open garage door, she heard Kaarma say “hey, hey” and heard him chamber a shell into the shotgun. Pflager then heard the male in the garage say “hey” or “wait” and then Kaarma fired two shots into the dark garage. She realized how dark it was and went to turn on the exterior lights. Before she turned the lights on, he fired two more shots.
Pflager told Missoula City Police Officer Olds that they had been burglarized two times within the last three weeks. She said that she placed a purse with personal belongings that she had cataloged in the garage “so that they would take it.”
O.K......all my comments are withdrawn....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies