Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 PM

834 posts, read 1,220,807 times

Advertisements

US government reclassifies nature for political reasons:

Reclassified the tomato fruit as 'vegetable'.

Reclassified gays as 'marriageable'.

So why not males as mothers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 05:59 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,794,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
US government reclassifies nature for political reasons:

Reclassified the tomato fruit as 'vegetable'.

Reclassified gays as 'marriageable'.

So why not males as mothers?
You people can't read! They are fixing it so a male is not forced to be listed as the "mother". What you are complaining about it the issue they are fixing! Sheesh, never let facts get in the way of a good rant, I guess...

-NoCapo

Old 05-14-2014, 06:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,229,184 times
And the LBGT agenda marches on...

California blurs the line on everything so what's different about this?

At least they aren't doing what schools in France are doing, having boys and male teachers wear skirts to school in support of "gender neutrality"

Old 05-14-2014, 06:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,452,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
California moves to let gay men cite selves as ‘mother’ on birth records; lesbians as ‘father’

In California, it may soon be legal for gay men to list themselves as “mother” on birth certificates, and similarly, for lesbians to cite themselves as “father.”

That’s because lawmakers on Thursday passed through the state Assembly with a 51-13 vote a measure to “modernize” the definition of the family to reflect same-sex unions.

AB 1951 sponsor Jimmy Gomez, a Democrat who represents Los Angeles, says the form is discriminatory and demands revision.

“The definition of a family needs to be more flexible, and same-sex parents should not be discriminated against when filling out a birth certificate,” he said

Anyone want to explain the merits of this...

Wow.
I think at this point the Dems are just trolling us with their stupidity.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,756,104 times
California............home of the fruits and nuts.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:08 PM

781 posts, read 738,414 times
I've always wondered what position feminists are going to fall back to when (when, not if) science eventually proves gender differences are biologically based/hard wired, not just social conditioning etc, etc. *shrug* Whatever....

Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
You people can't read! They are fixing it so a male is not forced to be listed as the "mother". What you are complaining about it the issue they are fixing! Sheesh, never let facts get in the way of a good rant, I guess...

-NoCapo
Just the opposite..they are fixing it so that a male can be listed as a "mother" and a woman can be listed as a "father" and they are adding a third non-gender term "parent" if you don't want either.

A child's birth certificate will no longer reflect the actual biological birth parents (mother/father).

Now will that come back and bite the child later in life ?
Who knows.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:16 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What if I want to list myself as the "pitcher" and my partner as the "catcher"? Will they allow that?
Do you think it would help? If so, I'm all for it. Until such time , however, as science AND religion reconcile that there are biologic facts that don't change, regardless of "sexual identity" we are stuck. Sorry, but, men are father's in the cycle, women are mothers. Unrecognizable fact, BUT "Dad and Mom".....tho the roles are traditional, this is the untraditional being discussed. I offer neither approval or disapproval for that...just fact.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just the opposite..they are fixing it so that a male can be listed as a "mother" and a woman can be listed as a "father" and they are adding a third non-gender term "parent" if you don't want either.

A child's birth certificate will no longer reflect the actual biological birth parents (mother/father).

Now will that come back and bite the child later in life ?
Who knows.
If a male / female couple uses a sperm donor, is the sperm donor listed as father? No. So, the biological parents are not always listed on the birth cert now.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM

25,977 posts, read 18,965,269 times
Why not just "caretakers"? Leave five blanks on the certificate (or more if needed) for the members of the "domestic unit" to sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies