Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 12:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times

Advertisements

Here's the latest update on Steven Utash

Severely beaten Detroit driver discharged after 6 weeks - CNN.com
A 54-year-old Michigan tree trimmer -- beaten nearly to death after going to the aid of a child he accidentally struck with his vehicle -- is home after spending more than six weeks in a hospital and rehabilitation center.

The "Help Steven Utash" Facebook page posted the news Saturday night. Cheryl Angelelli, a spokeswoman for DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, confirmed Utash was discharged on Thursday.
Utash's other daughter, Mandi Marie Utash, set up a GoFundMe.com page for her father -- who she says does not have health insurance -- with the goal of raising $50,000.

By Sunday morning, more than 4500 donors had contributed $186,298.

Gospeed, Mr. Utash.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-18-2014 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
I cannot understand this mentality. There is a lot of hate inside to do this to a person. I'm sure Eric Holder will be condemning this as a hate crime any moment now.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I cannot understand this mentality. There is a lot of hate inside to do this to a person. I'm sure Eric Holder will be condemning this as a hate crime any moment now.
Pres. Obama weighed in on Skip Gates, on Trayvon Martin, and on Donald Sterling. I don't even have to bother to google to find out if he weighed in on Steven Utash. The answer is going to be no.

We get a one-sided, and fundamentally dishonest discourse on race issues from the left and the Democratic party. That's why we are sliding backwards away from progress, and why we continue to have incidents like this one. Too bad. What a wasted opportunity for this president.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Pres. Obama weighed in on Skip Gates, on Trayvon Martin, and on Donald Sterling. I don't even have to bother to google to find out if he weighed in on Steven Utash. The answer is going to be no.

We get a one-sided, and fundamentally dishonest discourse on race issues from the left and the Democratic party. That's why we are sliding backwards away from progress, and why we continue to have incidents like this one. Too bad. What a wasted opportunity for this president.
Did Limbaugh write this feelgood script for you?
First, the beating was by a few little dumb punks, and not the entire community as the right wing media reported it. Yeah, dishonest "discourse from the left" indeed. Oh, and since you threw it out there, what "racial dishonesty" have you heard from the Democratic Party?
Also, Obama has "weighed in" on a certain issue when the mainstream corporate conservative-owned media decided to make a huge national issue of it - for ratings and profit, so you might explain what he actually said about those that so wadded conservative panties.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

You know what, well said, I respect you or anyone who states the damn truth. Exactly. When race is a one sided issue, who the hell are we kidding. We are not moving forward, but backwards, and your right. Very clear the agenda of this President.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I think we will be waiting a long time for Holder to comment on this. Maybe when Hell freezes.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:03 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, well said, I respect you or anyone who states the damn truth. Exactly. When race is a one sided issue, who the hell are we kidding. We are not moving forward, but backwards, and your right. Very clear the agenda of this President.
I don't get it: this incident makes race a one-sided issue?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
I am glad the man is better and his beating was an act of savagery. The races of the various players involved do not change that sentiment.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Did Limbaugh write this feelgood script for you?
First, the beating was by a few little dumb punks, and not the entire community as the right wing media reported it. Yeah, dishonest "discourse from the left" indeed. Oh, and since you threw it out there, what "racial dishonesty" have you heard from the Democratic Party?
Also, Obama has "weighed in" on a certain issue when the mainstream corporate conservative-owned media decided to make a huge national issue of it - for ratings and profit, so you might explain what he actually said about those that so wadded conservative panties.
Yes, certainly, Rush emailed me just this morning to give me my marching orders. No doubt corporate interests were behind it. Limbaugh, corporate interests, and me, conspiring to cause the beatdown and hospitalization of some guy in Detroit.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Check your White Privilege Mr. Utash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies