Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,003,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Not defending Obama, but there are thousands of federal government departments and adgencies and millions of employees. I have seven employees and i don't always know what is going on. Rule number one, if you screw up, hid it from the boss until you fix it.
That's the problem - nothing is getting fixed. And I'd hope that if you found out that your employee was screwing up constantly, you'd get rid of them. Which is nothing a federal employee ever has to fear. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 03:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,740,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, he'll do something. He'll get rid of someone that was leaving anyway, and let them keep their pension.

Oh, and he'll play golf. He'll always play golf.
He's already done that. He's getting rid of an under secretary to fix the problem. The same under secretary that announced his retirement 8 months ago. Obama is such a liar.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:55 PM

741 posts, read 765,444 times
The cover-up at the VA, if that's what it's been by civilian and military personnel at that agency, originated during the term of George W. Bush - and likely before him. It's an organization that manages more than 200,000 medical visits daily. It's a huge organization. That there have been problems comes as no surprise to anyone. That some people think the President of the United States (Bush II or Obama) micromanages each of the departments and supervises 2.6 million civilian and 1.4 million regular military personnel ... is idiocy.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 PM

27,206 posts, read 15,382,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
It,s called being detached from the job of being the president, Obama knows less about what is going on in our government then we do.

You actually are buying this?

Old 05-20-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I am sure we will hear about this is a redline and people will be held accountable only to label it a phony scandal 5 moths from now

Yep, same Play, different title.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This man knows less about what is going on in his administration, than Sergeant Schultz. Never mind that the Obama transition team was warned about long and unexplained delays in appointment times in the VA, back in 2008.

Maybe I should run for President. I could certainly use the time off.

-----------------------------------

Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports | Video | RealClearPolitics

Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports

JIM ACOSTA, CNN: When was the president first made aware of these problems? Of these fraudulent lists that were being kept to hide the wait times, when was he first made aware of those problems? And when did other White House officials, top White House officials, become aware of these problems?

JAY CARNEY: When you say these problems, the fact that there have been bureaucracies --

ACOSTA: The delays have been known for some time.

CARNEY: You mean the specific allegations that I think were reported first by your news network out of Phoenix, I believe. We learned about them through the reports. I will double check if that is not the case.

But that is when we learned about them and that is when I understand Secretary Shinseki learned about them, and he immediately took the action that he has taken.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:19 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,219,364 times
Default Except, except, and this is really important ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
The cover-up at the VA, if that's what it's been by civilian and military personnel at that agency, originated during the term of George W. Bush - and likely before him. It's an organization that manages more than 200,000 medical visits daily. It's a huge organization. That there have been problems comes as no surprise to anyone. That some people think the President of the United States (Bush II or Obama) micromanages each of the departments and supervises 2.6 million civilian and 1.4 million regular military personnel ... is idiocy.

... the fact is veterans died from preventable or fixable ailments because they were left to suffer at home with the knowledge that the VA knew about their medical problems and did nothing. You would think that the VA as an institution abandoning our soldiers, men and women, to die lingering deaths would catch someone's attention.

Oh right. Just another rogue federal employee or two routinely doing evil, collecting bonus payments for work well done.

The reason the President knows nothing about his administration's scandals before the fact, insulates him from impeachment actions no matter how farcical, ludicrous, clumsy or absurd his denials sound.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,377,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
Anyone want to guess how Obama says he learned about the VA scandal?
Well he said he heard about from the news.

That means he must be watching Fox, right?

Old 05-20-2014, 06:16 PM

17,478 posts, read 9,305,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Yeah, Yeah ...... BUT, was it "idiocy" when Obama campaigned on 'fixing' it?
You probably didn't think so and shook the Rah,Rah pom-poms.

Bottom line - Obama has been in office for 5 years and campaigned for 2 years before that. He was well aware of the problems, he brought in Shinseki in 2009 and everything has only gotten worse.

The Veteran's Administration is a Federal Program for Military (retired & serving) - Obama is the Commander in Chief who regularly has campaign speeches to the Vet crowd. Mrs O claims that helping Veterans is one of her primary jobs (coupled with telling the rest of us what to eat).

I don't think either one of the Obamas can hide from this. Watch them go after the Vets next - hard to blame Bush/Cheney/Hitler after 5 years of control. Democrats are worried about this and they should be.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:20 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,492,663 times
Every thing is a scandal since the birth certificate thing died. You people will be keeping historians howling for decades. Keep it coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies