Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 AM

1,715 posts, read 4,780,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
It varies state to state, but businesses are free to restrict many of your civil rights on their premises. We know this.
Not in florida “No Firearm” signs in Florida have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 08:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
People sometimes get shot even if the cooperate with the robbers. Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sure, I never said "all," I said "often times." Nothing in life is guaranteed, but more often when a place is being robbed, it is best just to give the money because it is insured than it is to risk your own life.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm all for carrying a gun for self defense, but let's be honest, nobody carries around a rifle for self defense, that's purely provocative. What they are doing, is making it harder for people who are serious about carrying a firearm for self defense.
I'm assuming that you're just unfamiliar with Texas gun laws, and not intentionally playing the ignorance card to bolster your position.

In Texas, open carry of a handgun is illegal. They want to make a statement, and they're doing it the only way the law allows.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because I occasionally get a craving for a burrito bowl with steak and guac. Why should I not dine at a restaurant just because some moron has an irrational fear of an object I may or may not be legally carrying in secret?

I don't buy into the boycott thought process like a lot of other people do, I simply don't care. I don't personally believe in open carrying an AR in public just to prove a point either, those idiots are no better/worse than the anti-gun fools that they scare by doing it.
Well, by dining at Chipotle you are supporting a business that has a policy you think is stupid (as do I). Other private businesses may model Chipotle's policy if their profits go up. They most certainly will follow Chipotle's lead if their profits go thru the roof and perception/reality shows this policy played an important role in that.

Then maybe Chipotle starts to require that you go thru a metal detector to get into their restaurant cuz hey...people ate up the burritos after the first policy was implemented (including you).

Maybe other businesses put in metal detectors to keep up with Chipotle.

Then you're going to have no choice but to go to private businesses without your gun.

You're basically setting yourself up to be inconvenienced...maybe severely.

Of course it's up to you on how to spend your money.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm assuming that you're just unfamiliar with Texas gun laws, and not intentionally playing the ignorance card to bolster your position.

In Texas, open carry of a handgun is illegal. They want to make a statement, and they're doing it the only way the law allows.

No. That is incorrect.

I can carry my Peace Maker .45

Antique arms are legal to open carry.

http://www.ksat.com/news/man-arreste...g-gun/21971040

Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sure, I never said "all," I said "often times." Nothing in life is guaranteed, but more often when a place is being robbed, it is best just to give the money because it is insured than it is to risk your own life.
I understood your post. You handle getting robbed your way and I'll handle getting robbed my way. The chances of us being in the same location at the time of a robbery are close to zero.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I understood your post. You handle getting robbed your way and I'll handle getting robbed my way. The chances of us being in the same location at the time of a robbery are close to zero.
Well when I was working at a hotel with a register, I wouldn't have fought over a draw that had about $100 in it. You also could bring a gun with you to work, so fighting back would have involved fists and a counter that wasn't easy to get over. It just makes more sense to not fight and give someone the money.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
What kind of mentality says, "But I MUST have a gun on me when I go out for burritos?"

The same one that says "I must have my phone to text and update my FB status while I go out for burritos".

When someone questions a free man's choices or wants that someone is dangerous.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
What kind of mentality says, "But I MUST have a gun on me when I go out for burritos?"
You're putting the cart before the horse. I sometimes choose to stop for burritos and I just happened to have a gun on me when I made that choice. These two facts, however, are not related. I may just as likely choose burritos when not wearing a gun, or may have an urge for Chinese while carrying.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well when I was working at a hotel with a register, I wouldn't have fought over a draw that had about $100 in it. You also could bring a gun with you to work, so fighting back would have involved fists and a counter that wasn't easy to get over. It just makes more sense to not fight and give someone the money.
It's not your money. If you owned the retail establishment and that was sizable amount of money you were about to lose then you might think differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies