Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 12:10 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What the hell does that matter?
Which party has had a Black Chairman? Certainly not the supposedly racist party.

Bush also had more Black Cabinet Members than Obama has. Why is Obama racist?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So... why do you try to derail every thread, statement, and post about the fallacies of conservatism with a criticism of the Democrats?
Prove that they're false criticisms. Go ahead... prove that the White/Black education, employment, income, and wealth gaps haven't grown wider under a Democrat president.

Plenty of Blacks are complaining about how bad Obama's presidency has been for Blacks. I've already posted several links.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Which party has had a Black Chairman? Certainly not the supposedly racist party.

The Obama supporters will cite Eric Holder, when the fact is that President Bush appointed him to lead the Department of Justice first.

Then the Obama people will try to claim that Bush thought that Holder and Condaleezza Rice were white.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
People don't owe you anything when you keep voting to keep yourselves down. You're doing it to yourselves.

Yes. What about the education, employment, income, and wealth gap getting worse under a Democrat presidency for 5 years do you not get?
Ummm...where did I say that I was owed anything?

Again, I live VERY well. I'm employed, I have a college education, a decent income...why should I change the way I vote when the status quo is working out for me?

You're the one that seems unhappy and unfulfilled with all this whining you're doing...maybe you should change how YOU vote.
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's also written about being the only Black man at his wife's family gathering. At the end of the day someone like Lloyd isn't going to connect with many Black people.

A lot of the people the GOP uses for outreach are very removed from the day to day experiences of most Black people in the country. There's a strain of conservatism in the Black community. I've been at Black professional panel discussions, spoken the way I type here and have received standing ovations. The reason most Blacks don't vote for the GOP, even if they agree with them, is that to them the GOP comes off as racist.

The racial divisions are quite stark in this country. The best way forward for the GOP is to spread the message and refrain from inflammatory. I can't tell you how many people during the last cycle cited McConnell's one term president comment and Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst as proof of the GOP's racial vendetta against Obama.
Great post. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Quote:

Who cares how many blacks are in so and so's cabinet? Big whoop. Republicans STILL behave hostile towards blacks. I don't care how many blacks are in the cabinet.

And chairman? Republicans ran Steele out of that seat! You think we didn't notice that?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Obama supporters will cite Eric Holder, when the fact is that President Bush appointed him to lead the Department of Justice first.

Then the Obama people will try to claim that Bush thought that Holder and Condaleezza Rice were white.
Who cares how many blacks are cabinet secretaries?

Not a single dime has went into my pocket as a result of a black being nominated into a cabinet position.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And chairman? Republicans ran Steele out of that seat! You think we didn't notice that?
Wait.

Are you saying that a black man can never be fired if he doesn't meet expectations?

Really?

What ever happened to judging people by their merits and content of character, rather than skin color?

Or is it only when a black Republican is fired by other Republicans that you think that skin color had anything to do with the decision?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wait.

Are you saying that a black man can never be fired if he doesn't meet expectations?

Really?

What ever happened to judging people by their merits and content of character, rather than skin color?

Or is it only when a black Republican is fired by other Republicans that you think that skin color had anything to do with the decision?
Expectations?

You guys ran unelectable nutjob candidates. He's supposed to get them elected?

Actually, he did preside over the party when the Republicans won big in at least one set of congressional elections.

But face it...You only nominated Steele because he was black. No other reason.

Affirmative Action at work. You were trying to show that your party isn't as racist as purported.

Sad thing is, I really like Mike Steele. A lot.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Sad thing is, I really like Mike Steele. A lot.
So did Harrier, but the fact is that if the Republican Party had fired a white chairman, you wouldn't bat an eye.

You see race as a reason for everything.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:

lol!

we're supposed to believe you were upset that someone you deride as a 'mealy-mouthed negro' was replaced?

Old 06-16-2014, 01:57 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Prove that they're false criticisms. Go ahead... prove that the White/Black education, employment, income, and wealth gaps haven't grown wider under a Democrat president.

Plenty of Blacks are complaining about how bad Obama's presidency has been for Blacks. I've already posted several links.
First, prove you know how to comprehend my post. Go ahead and extract "false criticism" from my post. I said you deflect fallacies of conservativism by criticizing Democrats.

Instead of making up excuses in every post, how about you take ownership of the bad joke that is the Republican party? You know, the party that is crashing and burning before our eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies